CK update

BadrabbitAU

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wallpher is a Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Analyst for Scout

From a free thread From AU Undercover:

BobLichtenfels: Just spoke to John Wallpher who was at Kouandjio's presser, parents, trainers, everyone associated with him was in shock that he picked Auburn. The whole situation is a mess right now and very chaotic. Sounds like the kid wants Auburn, but everyone else has reasons why he shouldn't. Wallpher will offer more thoughts and details later on in the day"

Calm down.  I am sure there is a reasonable reason that it is taking so long.  I firmly believe that he will honor what he said and we will shortly have his LOI.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

I just am not buying into any of this "player A wants to go to school B, but the parents / somebody is preventing it and is making them go with School C."

A player makes their own mind up. They are playing a sport for 4 years. Their parents aren't doing this crap. And even if they did, then the student-athlete has no backbone and will get crushed in college football because they can't even stand up for themselves, not to mention carry a team.

Brent Calloway chose Alabama. He made an irrational decision "committing" to Auburn.

Cyrus will go wherever he wants to play. I really don't think any player would let somebody else make the decision for them when they really care. And don't bring up Cam Newton. Cam let his father decide. He may have liked MSU, but it's not like he ever said "Yea, I'm committing to MSU" and then later "yea, I wanted to go there, but my Dad made me go to Auburn." It was a "I like MSU, but I'm going to let me Dad decide."

If this is Cyrus' decision, then he knows where he wants to go and he will go there. If it is his parents decision, why would they have not told him where he was going before he announced.

Wow. Talk about naive. You have no idea what you are talking about. BC was absolutely forced to switch by his guardian. Almost every insider I've either seen post or comment on this matter agrees on that.

Cyrus picked Auburn. TOS reporters are saying that "people around him" around trying to make him change his mind.

Cecil Hurt claims numerous reports that he will not sign a LOI today.

I take this as he is not coming here. And anyone who thinks he will "stick to his word" needs only to look at Brent Calloway. You have issues if you truly believe that. Doesn't mean he won't come to Auburn, but if that's your reasoning, you are crazy. If that was the case, he would've signed already.

It's still a great class without Big C! Just a disappointing finish that's all. But let's get ready for the true O&B guys that had the muscle to sign.

This is the biggest decision of his life and his parents don't know what it is until he announces publically.  Unless he changed his mind at the last minute I just can't fathom that.  

The lack of mods in this thread makes me nervous.  Say it aint so...

Calm down guys... ST will let you know when it happens... Auburn is awaiting his LOI... so we just have to wait and be patient.

Too much stuff going around about him not signing today.  As others have said and just like with Calloway, if Cyrus doesn't sign and send in LOI in the next hour or so, we have probably lost him.

wde

I take this as he is not coming here. And anyone who thinks he will "stick to his word" needs only to look at Brent Calloway. You have issues if you truly believe that. Doesn't mean he won't come to Auburn, but if that's your reasoning, you are crazy. If that was the case, he would've signed already.

It's still a great class without Big C! Just a disappointing finish that's all. But let's get ready for the true O&B guys that had the muscle to sign.

But it should be noted that all of this negativity is coming from the bama media.

If parents and others had reason for him not to go to AU then that should be discussed at length before he goes on national TV committing to AU.

I just am not buying into any of this "player A wants to go to school B, but the parents / somebody is preventing it and is making them go with School C."

A player makes their own mind up. They are playing a sport for 4 years. Their parents aren't doing this crap. And even if they did, then the student-athlete has no backbone and will get crushed in college football because they can't even stand up for themselves, not to mention carry a team.

Brent Calloway chose Alabama. He made an irrational decision "committing" to Auburn.

Cyrus will go wherever he wants to play. I really don't think any player would let somebody else make the decision for them when they really care. And don't bring up Cam Newton. Cam let his father decide. He may have liked MSU, but it's not like he ever said "Yea, I'm committing to MSU" and then later "yea, I wanted to go there, but my Dad made me go to Auburn." It was a "I like MSU, but I'm going to let me Dad decide."

If this is Cyrus' decision, then he knows where he wants to go and he will go there. If it is his parents decision, why would they have not told him where he was going before he announced.

Wow. Talk about naive. You have no idea what you are talking about. BC was absolutely forced to switch by his guardian. Almost every insider I've either seen post or comment on this matter agrees on that.

Cyrus picked Auburn. TOS reporters are saying that "people around him" around trying to make him change his mind.

^^^^ This.... remember, these are 17-18 year old kids who are heavily influenced by their parents.  

*************READ THIS!!!*************

Gene Chizik will be having a press conference at 2PM. Many questions WILL be answered at that time!

You sir...are a....negative nancy.

:banghead:

First : Hart is coming to Auburn but when it is leaked Turds fly him to Turd town and get him enrolled

Second : Callaway everyone knows what happened

Third : CK announces on live national TV on signing day then has doubts on signing day 30 min. later

Sorry guys something smells bad and the stinch is coming from Turd Town. :banghead:

Wow, again. I'm shocked again - my gut feeling told me he was not picking AU so, I wasn't even paying attention to his press conference. But now, I don't know - maybe my original "gut feeling" was correct. edited

That's not Auburn talk. It's a kid trying to decide with outside forces on him. I would say, keep negative comments on these kids away from this site.

Kristen kennedy from scouts...

She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice.

She said Cyrus told her Auburn was the first school that came to mind when he was announcing his decision. He had not talked to his parents are to his brother, Arie, prior to the announcement. "

Archived