THE ASYLUM

bigbird

13 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Well put...............always very kind to me..........reminded me of golf a bit in that both have a genuine kindness.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I find it hilarious that this thread had been resurrected.    Thank y'all!

It had been too long. It is one of the things that made AE have that REAL family feel.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I started a new job today.  It's in the same industry I have been in for 42 years but NO MORE TRAVELING 3-5 days per week.  I'll be home every night.  I won't know how to act without living in hotels.  Along with being home I'm getting equal pay and better benefits. :bananadance:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

It had been too long. It is one of the things that made AE have that REAL family feel.

Great place to go during football thread melt downs........Also miss Mayor from AE.

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

I started a new job today.  It's in the same industry I have been in for 42 years but NO MORE TRAVELING 3-5 days per week.  I'll be home every night.  I won't know how to act without living in hotels.  Along with being home I'm getting equal pay and better benefits. :bananadance:

That's awesome! So happy to hear that.  After your last...umm... transition, you deserve this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, around4ever said:

Damn. That's a long time in the planes, trains and automobiles racket. Congrats!!

I miss business travel, but I had the perfect gig. 3 days a week, no more than twice a month and usually just once. Just enough to see a lot of places and take a break from the office every once in awhile. Sometimes it still sucked, though, like being in some no-name town in Ohio when it's 40 degrees and raining the entire time. Man, it's crazy how parts of the Midwest can just be entirely gray at certain times. I still miss that, though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, around4ever said:

I started a new job today.  It's in the same industry I have been in for 42 years but NO MORE TRAVELING 3-5 days per week.  I'll be home every night.  I won't know how to act without living in hotels.  Along with being home I'm getting equal pay and better benefits:bananadance:

congrat................... will the wife put up with you being around that much.......................................:poke:

20 hours ago, around4ever said:

I started a new job today.  It's in the same industry I have been in for 42 years but NO MORE TRAVELING 3-5 days per week.  I'll be home every night.  I won't know how to act without living in hotels.  Along with being home I'm getting equal pay and better benefits:bananadance:

congrat................... will the wife put up with you being around that much.......................................:poke:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. That's a long time in the planes, trains and automobiles racket. Congrats!!

I miss business travel, but I had the perfect gig. 3 days a week, no more than twice a month and usually just once. Just enough to see a lot of places and take a break from the office every once in awhile. Sometimes it still sucked, though, like being in some no-name town in Ohio when it's 40 degrees and raining the entire time. Man, it's crazy how parts of the Midwest can just be entirely gray at certain times. I still miss that, though.

I enjoyed the traveling my boss was fantastic to work for he allowed me to select what hotel so I picked the  Marriott chain this was in 1982. After being a member of their travel club for almost 40 years and 3 million points later the wife and I can just about go anywhere and stay free for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We discussed that before I made the decision.  We think it will work out.  😂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, around4ever said:

We discussed that before I made the decision.  We think it will work out.  😂

Good luck with this.  I retired after a 34 year career that involved a lot of travel, my wife retired the same year from teaching.  I begged her to keep teaching, but alas no joy.  She kept saying she wasn’t going to leave for work with me still in the bed.  I told her I would get up.  Still no joy.

The first year I realized since I had been traveling, she had made house rules that I wasn’t even aware of.  It definitely was a transition.  I was reduced to a house boy and had to get hearing aids.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I told her I would get up.  Still no joy.

This made me laugh.

Complicated transition, I can imagine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This made me laugh.

Complicated transition, I can imagine.

I let my wife know right off the bat..............she's the boss..........makes for peacefull days and a full belly😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I let my wife know right off the bat..............she's the boss..........makes for peacefull days and a full belly😂

Smart man

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, around4ever said:

Yeah but are you driving the wife insane?

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

She had to have been already to marry him

Wondered yesterday if you were high n dry(greatest Def Leppard album ever)............imagine there was flooding in Houston.

40 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Wondered yesterday if you were high n dry(greatest Def Leppard album ever)............imagine there was flooding in Houston.

We got 10" Thursday night. We were fine, but others weren't. 

• Sad 1

Watching Bigbird sparing with Mikey about the OL is like Trey Gowdy sparing with Peter Strzok. Very entertaining.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Watching Bigbird sparing with Mikey about the OL is like Trey Gowdy sparing with Peter Strzok. Very entertaining.

Please say I'm Gowdy...

• Love 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Please say I'm Gowdy...

But, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1