2014 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (Alabama signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this on another thread the day after Christmas...thought I would post here as well.

First time posting on a recruiting topic and rarely post at all, I consider myself a newbie, so don't eat me up as if I'm left over's from your Christmas dinner.

We have great character coaches that know how to recruit and coach player's up. IMO...one of the biggest factors in recruiting with the current coaching staff is simply this. If a recruit is on the fence and shows to much indecisiveness for a determined length of time, which may be a different time table depending on the recruits situation, the position their being recruited to play at and the availability of other prospects...this staff will move on to the next man up much quicker than previous staff's.

Gus and this staff seem to have a good understanding of a recruits heartbeat, so to speak. Would not look forward to playing poker with this coaching staff. As Kenny Rogers would say..."You got to know when to hold 'em, know when tofold 'em,. Know when to walk away, know when to run". Recruits should be aware that being on the fence to long with this staff has it consequences.

I've enjoyed watching how this historic poker game of Auburn football has played out this year. Hoping it continues with another Crystal Ball arriving on the Plaines Jan. 6th as we make history in winning the final BCS and again in Jan. of 2015 as we make history winning the 1st play-off National Championship Game with our new recruits...WAR EAGLE everybody!!!

Great post! One thing I like about how the staff has handled situations like Casher and SDH is I believe in most cases it puts Auburn in a position of strength with these kids in future classes instead of the kids having most of the cards. I believe under Gus you will see earlier commitments. I believe kids who want to go to Auburn will do whatever research they need to do sooner rather than later because for a lot of kids there is a "must use by" on their Gus Bus ticket.

" We pulled his offer"? A lot of schools say this when they find out he's not coming. They use it as a threat to the ones still on the board. That's where recruiting has gone in the last few years.

Not the way with this staff. Per multiple people SDH was waffling and the staff was done with it. Period.

^^This^^

Yep.

More to it than he is not coming..

If you are an opposing team, have an ambitious recruit who wants to impress you, and the opposing team wants to know what is going on at their rival school, what do you do?

Think about it.

SDH was not spying. He told AU after the uga game he wanted to flip to AU around the Iron Bowl. When AU pressed him about the flip on Sunday after the Iron Bowl SDH wasn't sure when he wanted to go public. Gus them cut bait with SDH. Nothing more to this.

I would guess with Williams in the fold, along with Davis, and Evans as a prospect, the staff didn't want some Reuben Foster type drama with SDH.

• 3 months later...

Give me a break, young kid excited about his new team, post an idiotic comment. Who cares.

I get the who cares part...but then again, he's an 18 year old college student and seems he's working his way up to updyke level...but at least he did not kick the guy in the face. This is more than just being excited about his team IMO...more like bullying a kid who could do nothing about it and posting the picture and trashy comments.

Give me a break, young kid excited about his new team, post an idiotic comment. Who cares.

I get the who cares part...but then again, he's an 18 year old college student and seems he's working his way up to updyke level...but at least he did not kick the guy in the face. This is more than just being excited about his team IMO...more like bullying a kid who could do nothing about it and posting the picture and trashy comments.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with it if he simply posted he had been at a high school and a kid had an auburn shirt on and made a derogatory comment about it. That would have been about the entire school of auburn, but using the pic singled out one kid for the entire world to see. I would punish my kid if they did that to another kid. Regardless of reason.

If this had happened in reverse, an AU player with versus an a high school student wearing Alabama suit it would have been all over the news including ESPN.

Yeah I mean, no idea about the friendship (or lack thereof) between the two of them, but personally I've got no issue whatsoever with him making fun of Auburn on his twitter. But singling out a kid and making fun of him when you know he can't defend himself is just kinda low IMO. Makes it even worse if he's special needs.

Archived