ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Thanks Lion.

Who the heck is this ST person? Is he someone important with this website? Is he reliable?

ST created Auburn Eagle. He has proven to have inside sources when it comes to Auburn athletics. In my book, he is as money as it gets.

Yes, Very good source.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruitas well. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well. This also could fall apart at the end but it is what is most likely as of today.

I believe current commits and Greg Bryant would like this hire as well.

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruit. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well.

Chizik and his staff can flat out recruit as well.

Gran was the only coach on Tub's staff worth his weight IMO. I would LOVE to have him back!

Yah he produced some really good RB talent.

He can flat out recruit. Most of the Florida talent we got under Coach Tub was reruited by Gran. I just don't know how he feels about the way Coach Tub was treated, as far as behind the scenes. He may not be interested in coming back.

In five years:

"Jimbo needs to go and Jacobs needs to be fired as well."

"Do y'all think this year will be when we make a splash hire?"

Not impressed with this possible hire.

Agreed.

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruit. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Thanks Lion.

Who the heck is this ST person? Is he someone important with this website? Is he reliable?

ST created Auburn Eagle. He has proven to have inside sources when it comes to Auburn athletics. In my book, he is as money as it gets.

Yes, Very good source.

Ah. ST knows nothing. He doesn't even post here. What is this Auburn Eagle? Is it a different board? I might want to join it.

Gran was the only coach on Tub's staff worth his weight IMO. I would LOVE to have him back!

Yah he produced some really good RB talent.

He can flat out recruit. Most of the Florida talent we got under Coach Tub was reruited by Gran. I just don't know how he feels about the way Coach Tub was treated, as far as behind the scenes. He may not be interested in coming back.

Well hopefully he will see it as college football is a business and if you don't produce, especially in the SEC, you will be held accountable. TT didn't produce in his later years so we had to do what we had to do. It's just the way things go.

In five years:

AU has ZERO history in making splash hires. If AU hires Jimbo Fisher as the HC and he somehow brings with him several of his assistants (incl. the 2 AU experienced guys) and possibly Stoops as DC. FL ST's defense was the overall #1 ranked defense in the country going into last nights game. That is more of an Atomic Bomb BOOM hire for AU. FL ST recruiting is really good as well.

My mind starts wondering if some other FL ST players may consider transfering. I would love QB J Winston who was the #1 QB coming out of HS last year from AL.

I can definitely get behind this hire. I think this is a step forward compared to the up-and-coming kind of hires Auburn is used to getting. I think Jimbo can be successful at Auburn. Hoping he brings some of his staff with him. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Jimbo with BVG staying on at DC.

In five years:

AU has ZERO history in making splash hires. If AU hires Jimbo Fisher as the HC and he somehow brings with him several of his assistants (incl. the 2 AU experienced guys) and possibly Stoops as DC. FL ST's defense was the overall #1 ranked defense in the country going into last nights game. That is more of an Atomic Bomb BOOM hire for AU. FL ST recruiting is really good as well.

My mind starts wondering if some other FL ST players may consider transfering. I would love QB J Winston who was the #1 QB coming out of HS last year from AL.

I hope you are right and I have to eat some big time crow.

Why hire Jimbo? Well...

1) He is a proven head coach with a WINNING RECORD.

2) He has FSU back as a top team again.

3) He and his staff can recruit.

4) You want stats? FLST defense is #1 in the nation in total defense, 3rd in the nation in scoring. IN THE NATION. Um yes, I would take that. Oh, and they are 3rd in the nation in scoring OFFENSE as well. Yes, weak conference, but still...

5) Knows the SEC, etc, etc...

I honestly think it would be a great hire but then again I do not think he will leave FSU. He is probably laughing as he gets a contract extension in the next 2 weeks. This will pick up steam and he will deny it, then get more money to stay at FSU. That is always how it works. Then we will hire some no name coach.

ANd honeslty... how many teams are loaded with talent and great coaching and actually go undefeated? Only a few a year. You have to be very lucky and good to win week after week. FSU is a target and they still find a way to win most of the games.

I wish this were true.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Jimbo zero national titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Plus Chizik is a more accomplished asst coach. Winning one with Texas and undefeated season at AU...

Jimbo is no upgrade over Chizik IMO the book is still out on him, he has done little at the premier school in the ACC...,the SEC is about instant gratification...how long goes Jimbo get before the pitchforks and torches come out?

In five years:

Bingo! I have NO confidence this will happen. NONE. But if it did it would be huge .

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Jimbo zero national titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Plus Chizik is a more accomplished asst coach. Winning one with Texas and undefeated season at AU...

Jimbo is no upgrade over Chizik IMO the book is still out on him, he has done little at the premier school in the ACC...,the SEC is about instant gratification...how long goes Jimbo get before the pitchforks and torches come out?

wake up. this would be a bigtime hire. better than many of the other REAL names you are about to start hearing... but don't worry, knowing AU this will not happen. Look at our last 3 hires:

A Samford coach, an Ole Miss Coach, and an Iowa State Coach. Think we will hire a coach from FSU? Hahaha I wish.

Jimbo begged Tubs to keep him when Bowden quit. Jimbo's always liked AU and his wife is an AU grad I think.

It will be interesting to see if Craig & Gran come and how they may handle questions about all the negative recruiting while at FSU. What does it say to their current players if they leave for Auburn ?

Jimbo & Muschamp are good friends. I can't imagine Jimbo not knowing how JJ screwed him and just don't see Jimbo signing off on answering to JJ.

I like the idea of the FL recruiting connections, but it still bothers me the Jimbo has not dominated a weaker conference with the talent he recruitied.

I do like the fact that he (like Muschamp) enjoys going up against knee high.

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST is running 2 companies plus is the advertising executive for AUF and really does not have time to post.

Let me also say this... after talking him up, Jimbo would not be my first choice... But people need look at what we have done in the past and realize that this would be better than what we usually get with head coaching hires.

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST has been posting some lately on this board.

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruitas well. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well. This also could fall apart at the end but it is what is most likely as of today.

I believe current commits and Greg Bryant would like this hire as well.

How can JJ duties change? If he's the AD, he oversees the program... PJG isn't going to oversee football while AD does the rest...

Jimbo knows the way of the wee man. He knows how he runs things and how his D runs. To me this is a good thing. Just like Pat Dye served under da bear he knew how to beat him.

Yes but unlike Chizik Jimbo gives gives his defensive staff the freedom to do their job as opposed to how Chizik is with our offense.

All it said was that Jimbo was the leading candidate. It did not say he would be hired to come to AU. Anything could happen. I personally would rather see AU go for Bobby Petrino---I know he has personal baggage, but the man can flat-out coach some offense and with an outstanding DC (maybe he would keep BVG), AU would be riding high again. If it is Jimbo Fisher, I will say that would certainly be an upgrade from what AU has now.

Bird pops in just about every day. I see him hiding in the corner. He just doesn't post very often.

Archived