2016 4* RB Kareem Walker (Michigan commit)

ellitor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kareem is very excited about his A Day visit. In fact, he was so excited he moved it up by 2 or 3 months than he originally planned.

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

That's what a RB looks like. Imagine how much faster he'd be without all that hair weighing him down...

Run that thought by sammie coates. Haha.

Guest jojo1515

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)

I think its pretty unlikely that Jovon will still be playing college ball when this kid signs

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Guest jojo1515

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

It is highly unlikely that Roc redshirts or Jovon stays for his senior year. Not impossible but not likely.

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Guest jojo1515

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Again, I was only talking about whether he has the best film and that I believe AU may have 2 players on the roster by the time he commits that have better film. I never mentioned anything about them being his competition or cutting into his playing time. Again, pay attention. Youre arguing a point I never made nor implied. My statement was in response to him having one of the best RB films in a while...nothing to do with playing time....and IMO, a fourth string RB has a good chance at red shirting...unless he is needed...see Peyton Barber who Mason claimed was the best RB on the team....who redshirted last year as a fourth string RB....crazy I know

Again, I was only talking about whether he has the best film and that I believe AU may have 2 players on the roster by the time he commits that have better film. I never mentioned anything about them being his competition or cutting into his playing time. Again, pay attention. Youre arguing a point I never made nor implied. My statement was in response to him having one of the best RB films in a while...nothing to do with playing time....and IMO, a fourth string RB has a good chance at red shirting...unless he is needed...see Peyton Barber who Mason claimed was the best RB on the team....who redshirted last year as a fourth string RB....crazy I know

You implied they were competition by merit of the comparison itself and reinforced it when you mentioned that Roc and Jovon would already be on campus by the time he commits. (Why else would that matter?) Using the phrase "all bets are off" to describe the possibility of Kareem getting better over the next two years also strongly implies that you are hinting at an inevitable competition. If you weren't implying competition, then the use of that phrase makes no sense.

Also, whatever Tre may have said aside, Barber was a 3-star running back out of high school. Roc is a 5-star. Comparing their readiness for college ball out of high school is apples to oranges. No chance that Roc redshirts.

I watched roc and jovon a while back. Those are some studs but for whatever reason, i actually like walker a little more. Heck we all got different opinions though. Thanks for responding! WDE!

That's what a RB looks like. Imagine how much faster he'd be without all that hair weighing him down...

The way Sammie throws the defenders down now, he may not have to be that fast this year. :hellyeah:

The way Sammie throws the defenders down now, he may not have to be that fast this year. :hellyeah:/>

THIS!

Guest jojo1515

Let it go 13...Ive clearly pointed out that I wasnt talking about what you thought I was. /threadderail

cammycam, I agree with you that he looks like a great RB. Back to my original point...I dont think he is quite on the level of what JRob and RocT were in hs (we differ there I suppose), but he is just a sophomore so he has 2 years left to improve on that highlight reel, which is downright scary. Assuming he improves as much as an average sophomore does by the time he is a senior, he will graduate HS as a top 10 overall player IMO. BTW, go to youtube and search for Roc Thomas sophomore highlights just for entertainment...well worth the mindblowing 6 or so minutes :)

Let it go 13...Ive clearly pointed out that I wasnt talking about what you thought I was. /threadderail

cammycam, I agree with you that he looks like a great RB. Back to my original point...I dont think he is quite on the level of what JRob and RocT were in hs (we differ there I suppose), but he is just a sophomore so he has 2 years left to improve on that highlight reel, which is downright scary. Assuming he improves as much as an average sophomore does by the time he is a senior, he will graduate HS as a top 10 overall player IMO. BTW, go to youtube and search for Roc Thomas sophomore highlights just for entertainment...well worth the mindblowing 6 or so minutes :)/>

Believe me, i have see my share of roc highlights haha. That kid is mind blowing. I think its just walker's style i like better. Doesnt seem like he is doing too much dancing and all the fancy stuff. Opinions are a dime a dozen though i suppose.

Guest jojo1515

cammycam, I agree with you that he looks like a great RB. Back to my original point...I dont think he is quite on the level of what JRob and RocT were in hs (we differ there I suppose), but he is just a sophomore so he has 2 years left to improve on that highlight reel, which is downright scary. Assuming he improves as much as an average sophomore does by the time he is a senior, he will graduate HS as a top 10 overall player IMO. BTW, go to youtube and search for Roc Thomas sophomore highlights just for entertainment...well worth the mindblowing 6 or so minutes :)/>

Believe me, i have see my share of roc highlights haha. That kid is mind blowing. I think its just walker's style i like better. Doesnt seem like he is doing too much dancing and all the fancy stuff. Opinions are a dime a dozen though i suppose.

It may be better to not dance around...who knows. I suppose some of the dancing around to me shows incredible vision, which is necessary to keep from getting your head knocked off in the SEC, however the dancing around will get your head knocked off in the SEC lol. Id be interested to see which kind of RB has more success on average that translates to the college game.

I'm guessing that some of you thought Barry Sanders, Carnell Williams and Reggie Bush "danced around" too much? There's a big difference between being indecisive behind the LoS and making people miss at the second level.

This video is littered with Thomas breaking tackles, but go to the 2:20 mark and tell me he has a problem with dancing around:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/517634/highlights/88496375

Back to Kareem Walker: looks like a young Walter Payton or Gayle Sayers. Just a smooth, fluid way of moving with the ball.

Archived