2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 2014 Big Cat Weekend is going to be RIDICULOUS!! With the amount of 5*'s we have looking at us and visiting us already, this is gong to be an amazing class!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a legit chance we get this kid or are we just swinging for the fence and hoping?

To early in our DE recruiting for this class to have a good idea. I will say though if we don't get him here for BCW then chances are low IMO.

Is there a legit chance we get this kid or are we just swinging for the fence and hoping?

To early in our DE recruiting for this class to have a good idea. I will say though if we don't get him here for BCW then chances are low IMO.

How is it earlier in our DE recruiting than it is at other positions? All of them can sign the first Wednesday in February. Is there something I'm missing, or are we just not having any success with the DE prospects?

How is it earlier in our DE recruiting than it is at other positions? All of them can sign the first Wednesday in February. Is there something I'm missing, or are we just not having any success with the DE prospects?

Just guessing but E could've meant that we haven't started heavily recruiting D line prospects at this point in the cycle.

Just guessing but E could've meant that we haven't started heavily recruiting D line prospects at this point in the cycle.

I used poor wording. I mean it's to merky to really have any idea on the DL other than wetrail for the big 3 DTs.

I used poor wording. I mean it's to merky to really have any idea on the DL other than wetrail for the big 3 DTs.

Allow me to elaborate. We have yet to make the kind of progress we went to see with any major DL prospects. It is early in the game still. We expect an improved defense this season, which will help. We trail with Payne, Thompson and Mack. We are more confident with Mack, and think if we get him to Big Cat, we may flip him. Thompson likes us, but is recruiting some for UGA. Our best bet for him is for UGA to look ugly, and for Thompson to be enamored with our DL play and the open spots on next year's DL. Payne is a strong Obama lean, and we are wary to continue to heavily recruit him unless we feel he is truly undecided.

We are pursuing several DE prospects, and are simply trying to be one of the top choices for Jefferson and other prominent prospects. Again, the key in the immediate future is seeing who will attend Big Cat. Our best prospects for the DL positions may end up being Signing Day decisions.

E, did I say anything you disagree with?

Allow me to elaborate. We have yet to make the kind of progress we went to see with any major DL prospects. It is early in the game still. We expect an improved defense this season, which will help. We trail with Payne, Thompson and Mack. We are more confident with Mack, and think if we get him to Big Cat, we may flip him. Thompson likes us, but is recruiting some for UGA. Our best bet for him is for UGA to look ugly, and for Thompson to be enamored with our DL play and the open spots on next year's DL. Payne is a strong Obama lean, and we are wary to continue to heavily recruit him unless we feel he is truly undecided.

We are pursuing several DE prospects, and are simply trying to be one of the top choices for Jefferson and other prominent prospects. Again, the key in the immediate future is seeing who will attend Big Cat. Our best prospects for the DL positions may end up being Signing Day decisions.

Pretty good. I don't know about the first sentence though. That's why I said murky. We may not be making progress on DE prospects but I don't know because other than recent stories on a top DE target, Marquavius Lewis there has not been much on what Garner is doing recruiting wise right now.

....or Rodney Garner is playing things close to the vest the way he has in the last 2 classes.

....or Rodney Garner is playing things close to the vest the way he has in the last 2 classes.

Bingo! You read my mind.

I wouldn't say this, Mikey. I just think you've got a screw loose.

:dunno: I thought politics discussions were for another board. :dunno:

...or since we loaded up on DE last year (4) they don't see a pressing need to add more?

There's something to this, Mikey. There certainly seems to be a more pressing need at DT or, dare I say it, LB. However, I think we'd jump at the chance to add CeCe this year.

Most DE are still uncommitted. Walker, Patrick, Jefferson, Key, Cowart are all still out there. Same with DT's if you really look at it.

But I am 100% in agreement with IronMan!! Garner has a plan. With J. Johnson at DT on hold IMO, while we let things play out with the 5*'s. I think something happens BCW at DL.

http://www.al.com/au...fferson_al.html

FWIW Article says that Cece would want to take a visit to Auburn this Summer or Fall and that he likes CRG a lot.

I don't always trust al.com but when I do, it's because they are reporting something that makes me feel good

Archived