2017 4* LB Markail Benton (Bama 6/10/16)

WarEagleAU

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Classless is just another name UAT goes by.

Some Aubies may have to be willing to forgive even if they don't forget, if the staff wants & gets him in the class.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to remember that these guys are just kids, sometimes confused kids. And sometimes kids that have been misled by coaches. If he's willing to give us another look then maybe he is admitting he was wrong. We shouldn't be talking smack about any kid we've been recruiting. At least until signing day is over. But then again, let's be happy with who we get and not worry about those that don't become Tigers.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We apparently have been back on him the past month.

I guess I mean recent in recently public...  We shall see however if it comes to fruition.   Personally I would welcome him no worries. 

13 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Does this have any bearing on T Taylor??

It's possible the staff picked up with him because of not feeling good on Taylor.

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Makes you wonder if Taylor has made a decision. I'd be happy with MB.

Our staff has little confidence on Taylor now.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Our staff has little confidence on Taylor now.

That is not what I wanted to hear. The only positive I see out of this is flipping a Bama recruit that goes to a school that year in and year out has great players and is less than 30 minutes from our campus. 

2 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

That is not what I wanted to hear. The only positive I see out of this is flipping a Bama recruit that goes to a school that year in and year out has great players and is less than 30 minutes from our campus. 

Benton has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy & put in work.

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

It's gonna be interesting to see what Benton does if Bama drops him.  Come running back to us with his tail between his legs?

We have been after him privately the past few weeks. That disqualifies him running back to us with his tail between his legs.

Wow! Suck it up guys, this is big boy recruiting. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride in order to get a top target. UAT was willing to accept Reuben Foster after his planned speech and Auburn tattoo. Michigan is willing to keep heavily pursuing Aubrey Solomon even after he decommitred and publicly blasted them for misspelling his name. 

This is an important recruit that Auburn needs to land! Our signing class is reeling right now and we need anything positive that we can get. I'm especially interested in the fact that Benton is best friends & teammates with WR Justyn Ross, the #1 player in the state of Alabama for 2018. 

Benton was obviously instructed by UAT to say what he said back in the fall. So blame UAT. And the best way to get them back is by flipping that same recruit and making them pay for it down the road! 

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Wow! Suck it up guys, this is big boy recruiting. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride in order to get a top target. UAT was willing to accept Reuben Foster after his planned speech and Auburn tattoo. Michigan is willing to keep heavily pursuing Aubrey Solomon even after he decommitred and publicly blasted them for misspelling his name. 

This is an important recruit that Auburn needs to land! Our signing class is reeling right now and we need anything positive that we can get. I'm especially interested in the fact that Benton is best friends & teammates with WR Justyn Ross, the #1 player in the state of Alabama for 2018. 

Benton was obviously instructed by UAT to say what he said back in the fall. So blame UAT. And the best way to get them back is by flipping that same recruit and making them pay for it down the road! 

Wish I could 2/3s like a post. Agree with paragraphs 1 & 3. As for the reeling right now stuff...LMAO! We are in the top 10 still & have a good shot of ending in the top 12. We are meeting most of our needs & have 3 guys who are 5*s in 1 or more sites & impact players at the important positions of QB, LT, & LB or Buck.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wish I could 2/3s like a post. Agree with paragraphs 1 & 3. As for the reeling right now stuff...LMAO! We are in the top 10 still & have a good shot of ending in the top 12. We are meeting most of our needs & have 3 guys who are 5*s in 1 or more sites & impact players at the important positions of QB, LT, & LB or Buck.

E - I'm trying my best not to be negative, and I'm all for pumping the sunshine. This is a solid class for us and better than we did in the Tuberville days. But honestly, UGA basically kicked us out of Georgia with this class. We have landed three 3*s so far out of a state that we historically rely upon. Hopefully we can turn that around next year, but it scares me to see the absurd amount of talent that UGA will have in the next few years. Whether or not his coaching ability will catch up remains to be seen, but Kirby has certainly learned from Saban on what it takes to build a monster class and potential powerhouse program. Historically we are out recruited by UAT & LSU, but we lost some major ground to the leg jumpers this year.

Malzahn has to be able to overcome negative recruiting to be more successful in the future. The best way to do that is to win. Hopefully we now have the offensive and defensive pieces in place to do that on a consistent basis. 

26 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

So we pass on Thomas Johnston but will take this guy?? Alrighty then. 

What elite school did we lose out to for TJ?

27 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - I'm trying my best not to be negative, and I'm all for pumping the sunshine. This is a solid class for us and better than we did in the Tuberville days. But honestly, UGA basically kicked us out of Georgia with this class. We have landed three 3*s so far out of a state that we historically rely upon. Hopefully we can turn that around next year, but it scares me to see the absurd amount of talent that UGA will have in the next few years. Whether or not his coaching ability will catch up remains to be seen, but Kirby has certainly learned from Saban on what it takes to build a monster class and potential powerhouse program. Historically we are out recruited by UAT & LSU, but we lost some major ground to the leg jumpers this year.

Anybody who knew anything about Kirby the recruiter knew we were going to have to deal with this from him at UGA. We just have to weather the storm & see if he can actually coach to keep that momentum up. Not really worth fretting about at this point IMO.

14 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

So he visited but didn't really? Sounds fishy

He visited. He and AU wanted it not to get out but an AU reporter felt he had to do his thing of posting it anyway.

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What elite school did we lose out to for TJ?

As indicated, we passed on TJ which is my issue. Since we didn't lose him, where he chose to go and for what reasons are irrelevant imo. 

Archived