Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 9/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, aubearcat said:

I’m a bassist by trade, I love Flea and Victor Wooten, but when I start thinking of guitarist I like it starts with Jimmy Paige, Slash, OF COURSE DIME, and SRV. 

The intro and outro to this masterpiece…come back @McLoofus

Lenny may be the best piece of blues ever written

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Sadly (for my wife) SRV, Hendrix, and Gilmour are why I will *have* to buy a Strat eventually 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Sadly (for my wife) SRV, Hendrix, and Gilmour are why I will *have* to buy a Strat eventually 

Funny you mention Gilmour... I am listening to PF at Pompeii live right now... Man I need a strat, a semi-hollow body gretsch, i kinda wanna start learning keys soon so need a keyboard now...

I already purchased recording equipment back 6 months ago, the list keeps on growing, have a live PA/monitor with a beautiful Shure SM58 Mic. MUSAK as Zappa would say

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

Funny you mention Gilmour... I am listening to PF at Pompeii live right now... Man I need a strat, a semi-hollow body gretsch, i kinda wanna start learning keys soon so need a keyboard now

Love Gilmour, that’s why I want a black Strat with all single coils. And, you absolutely have to get all of those things- probably tonight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

I already purchased recording equipment back 6 months ago, the list keeps on growing, have a live PA/monitor with a beautiful Shure SM58 Mic. MUSAK as Zappa would say

Isn’t this how it goes? I start trying to learn guitar 5-6 months ago (at your prompting I might add) and now own 5 guitars, two amps and a pedal- and looking at more guitars. TF is wrong with me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Isn’t this how it goes? I start trying to learn guitar 5-6 months ago (at your prompting I might add) and now own 5 guitars, two amps and a pedal- and looking at more guitars. TF is wrong with me?

Haahah in 6 months you have surpassed me in # of guitars though I suppose technically I have more "musak" equipment, with all my miscellaneous recording/live equipment.

Very nice, man.  I am glad I prompted you into the hobby though I am sure much to your wife's chagrin.

Just wait till you start wanting to write music, I find for myself writing lyrics for songs to be the most rewarding part of learning to play and jam.  When I bring my buddy some lyrics, he digs them and puts some riffs/bass to them its just an awesome fulfilling feeling.  Plus, when you get a high quality mic to sing into with a monitor it just starts to take off. 

Course I am a singer more than a lead guitarist so you may feel differently

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Didba said:

I like this riff by Jimi. Probably my favorite Jimi song is Burning of the Midnight Lamp but I can’t find a good quality video to post. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, fredst said:

Love this song. From one of the great movie soundtracks out there and a good movie. I wrestled in high school so I watched this movie repeatedly ( plus Linda Fiorentino😍)

D40B6D40-02E4-472C-9421-A509CC35E072.jpeg

Great great soundtrack wife and I love this movie

Video to the song fredst posted

• Love 1

It was said Angus recorded the lead to this song, on “Let there be Rock” and not the live version “If you want Blood”, in one take. Allegedly, his amp began to spark and burn while he was playing it and he kept on playing. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 11:25 AM, aubearcat said:

Love CCR. Reading a recently released book called “A Song For Everyone” about the band. Fascinating and sad story about a great band. John Fogerty an unbelievably talented guy but just couldn’t *not* be a dictator, even as the younger brother….

• Like 1

There’s a movie about CCR on Netflix now. According to the film, CCR was as popular as The Beatles. 

Being stuck at home for as long as I have been, I listen to a lot of music. I happened upon this demo and it’s a really cool version. 

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Love CCR. Reading a recently released book called “A Song For Everyone” about the band. Fascinating and sad story about a great band. John Fogerty an unbelievably talented guy but just couldn’t *not* be a dictator, even as the younger brother….

John wouldn't even go see his older brother on his death bed at the hospital. Some type of huge fight from years earlier pretty sad

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

John wouldn't even go see his older brother on his death bed at the hospital. Some type of huge fight from years earlier pretty sad

Exactly. Haven’t gotten far enough into the book to know all of the details but they went from relatively unknown to biggest selling band in the world to broken up in a fairly short time period-  I think mostly due to John’s control “issues”. He really screwed them up financially by insisting on being the contract negotiator with record companies 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Exactly. Haven’t gotten far enough into the book to know all of the details but they went from relatively unknown to biggest selling band in the world to broken up in a fairly short time period-  I think mostly due to John’s control “issues”. He really screwed them up financially by insisting on being the contract negotiator with record companies 

I heard that even back in the 70's about John

I might post some of the songs I have been writing if any of you more musically inclined folks are ever interested in giving constructive feedback on lyrics

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

I might post some of the songs I have been writing if any of you more musically inclined folks are ever interested in giving constructive feedback on lyrics

Would love to see your work if you are inclined to share. Keep in mind that I have no musical training or skill except for a love of good music

• Like 2

To any instrumentalist, I am looking at getting a mid-level ESP 4string for my anniversary. I normally play fender j basses. Anyone know anything about ESP? 

I post this version of Tusk every  few years and tell this story. I was working for a company headquartered in Orange County CA. At one of our yearly meetings in Anaheim the CEO was doing a very serious presentation in this large meeting room and in the middle of the speech who comes busting thru the doors from all sides was the USC band playing this song and doing their little dance........oh guess who else come in just behind the band..... USC cheerleaders......... lordy thought I had died and gone to heaven

By the way that company was a great one to work for their meetings were always fun

• Like 2