Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Cool vid to visit guitar tones. Chris is an up and comer. Keep an eye on him.

My fav tone is the Yamaha Revstar.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:43 PM, augolf1716 said:

I post this version of Tusk every  few years and tell this story. I was working for a company headquartered in Orange County CA. At one of our yearly meetings in Anaheim the CEO was doing a very serious presentation in this large meeting room and in the middle of the speech who comes busting thru the doors from all sides was the USC band playing this song and doing their little dance........oh guess who else come in just behind the band..... USC cheerleaders......... lordy thought I had died and gone to heaven

By the way that company was a great one to work for their meetings were always fun

Always loved the USC cheerleaders in those white sweaters 😍

9F74DC0B-E6F5-42B7-83AA-08804F4C23BB.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, aubearcat said:

To any instrumentalist, I am looking at getting a mid-level ESP 4string for my anniversary. I normally play fender j basses. Anyone know anything about ESP? 

They look very cool, aesthetically pleasing.  I have never played one but I am a Fender guy.   Reviews on websites show that they clearly compete with Fender.  I just love Fender.

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Speaking of guitarist...

Great tone on that guitar. I love acoustic electrics. Great cover.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

They look very cool, aesthetically pleasing.  I have never played one but I am a Fender guy.   Reviews on websites show that they clearly compete with Fender.  I just love Fender.

I have a Chinese J-Bass now because I had sold off my other rig and a guy I worked with had the one I have now. I bought it to get back into playing. 
I had a Fender Stu Hamm short scale and an SWR (before they were bought by Fender) 2x10. I really want to get an American J-Bass but I like the looks of the satin black ESP. As you said they have strong reviews so I might have to get both 😼

On 10/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, Didba said:

I might post some of the songs I have been writing if any of you more musically inclined folks are ever interested in giving constructive feedback on lyrics

Do it! I won't claim to be of any help, but it would be cool to hear what you are doing. 

On 10/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, Didba said:

I am now required to post this video. Those are just the rules.

Maybe my favorite guitar solo over. Anyone that doesn't know about Prince as a guitar player has to watch this. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Can't get enough John Prine lately. He could write the most devastating song ("there's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes"), then a funny song ("your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore"). Then he'd give you something like this. Dark and uplifting at the same time:

"I bronzed my shoes and I hung 'em from a rearview mirror
Bronzed admiration in the blind spot of regret
There was all these things that I don't think I remember
Hey, how lucky can one man get."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, cbo said:

I am now required to post this video. Those are just the rules.

Maybe my favorite guitar solo over. Anyone that doesn't know about Prince as a guitar player has to watch this. 

love love love this song, just started learning the rhythm section the other day.  Love that Telecaster too. Prince is a god

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

love love love this song, just started learning the rhythm section the other day.  Love that Telecaster too. Prince is a god

I've probably posted it before. I watch this video all the time. Amazing solo and pretty decent back up band. 

On 10/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, abw0004 said:

Never thought I would see this happen...

BRAND NEW SINGLE!! Released today I believe. I LOVE Blink but they’re that much better with Tom. 

For those of you interested here are two of my songs that I have written.  These are the most complete out of them but by no means are they finished. Still working on putting music to them but I am hoping to start doing that soon since I have graduated/passed the bar exam.

"John's Song" is named after John Prine and is a country-folk song in his style. Acoustic guitar, harmonica, etc.

Whereas, "Mr. Mojo Rising" is named after Jim Morrison and is actually about Jim.  It, of course, is a very Dooresque song, sung similarly to Jim's style and the idea for the music is psychedelic rock, electric guitars, synthesizer, etc.

John's Song_220705_150039.txt Mr Mojo Rising_220728_123744.txt

bruce springsteen has a new cd coming out soon of old soul covers called only the strong survive.here is a list of the songs....

Track Listings

Disc: 1

1 Only the Strong Survive
2 Soul Days - Bruce Springsteen feat. Sam Moore
3 Nightshift
4 Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)
5 The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore

Disc: 2

1 Turn Back the Hands of Time
2 When She Was My Girl
3 Hey, Western Union Man
4 I Wish It Would Rain
5 Don't Play That Song

Disc: 3

1 Any Other Way
2 I Forgot To Be Your Lover - Bruce Springsteen feat. Sam Moore
3 7 Rooms Of Gloom
4 What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
5 Someday We'll Be Together
here is his version of nightshift.

Track Listings

Disc: 1

1 Only the Strong Survive
2 Soul Days - Bruce Springsteen feat. Sam Moore
3 Nightshift
4 Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)
5 The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore

Disc: 2

1 Turn Back the Hands of Time
2 When She Was My Girl
3 Hey, Western Union Man
4 I Wish It Would Rain
5 Don't Play That Song

Disc: 3

1 Any Other Way
2 I Forgot To Be Your Lover - Bruce Springsteen feat. Sam Moore
3 7 Rooms Of Gloom
4 What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
5 Someday We'll Be Together
here are two cuts......

here is my fav at the moment......

he has a who's who of sessions musicians playing with him. i thought you guys might be interested.

Edited by aubiefifty

Let's quit messing around and trying to impress each other with our cool song selects for one moment. 

I present to you a perfect song. Skid Row's "I Remember You."

You know you love it. The way Sebastian bends "promises" on the bridge. The note at the end of the guitar solo. And, of course:

"I loooOOOOOOOVVVVEeeee you"

• Love 1

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Let's quit messing around and trying to impress each other with our cool song selects for one moment. 

I present to you a perfect song. Skid Row's "I Remember You."

You know you love it. The way Sebastian bends "promises" on the bridge. The note at the end of the guitar solo. And, of course:

"I loooOOOOOOOVVVVEeeee you"

Well if you love this song you have to love this.......Love me Harry

• Like 1