Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Listening to and appreciating all things Zeppelin these days, I continue to be amazed at the genius of Jimmy Page. Great song from an under appreciated album. Look forward to @Didba telling me he’s got this one down I hope:

Noooooooooooope. Can't say I can play any LZ.

I know that we’ve had some Radiohead talk in here. Found this video the other day researching guys known for playing Telecasters- Johnny Greenwood is one. Love this arrangement of this song, much more so than the album version. Two really talented guys. Considering trying to see Thom and Johnny with their new project at Ryman when they come. Anyway….

Edited by fredst
  • Love 2

On 6/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, Tigermike said:

From 1969

Very underrated band. I know they did some covers, but always liked their music. Never saw them live though and sure hate that.

• Like 2

New Porcupine Tree is out today and it's God's gift to progressive rock. Love it. 

Edited by AUDub

On 6/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, fredst said:

I know that we’ve had some Radiohead talk in here. Found this video the other day researching guys known for playing Telecasters- Johnny Greenwood is one. Love this arrangement of this song, much more so than the album version. Two really talented guys. Considering trying to see Thom and Johnny with their new project at Ryman when they come. Anyway….

Listened to The Smile album last night. Great stuff. Could easily pass as a new Radiohead album.

Ryman show is sold out and I'm kicking myself for not even trying to get tickets. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Listened to The Smile album last night. Great stuff. Could easily pass as a new Radiohead album.

Ryman show is sold out and I'm kicking myself for not even trying to get tickets. 

Managed to score a pair of tickets. Have listened to the album couple of times;agree,very RadioHead-y. Looking forward to the show. Saw RadioHead way back after “The Bends” when they opened for REM-great show….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Managed to score a pair of tickets. Have listened to the album couple of times;agree,very RadioHead-y. Looking forward to the show. Saw RadioHead way back after “The Bends” when they opened for REM-great show….

Happy for you! I thought about the resale market but tickets are going for $500 and up. Will be amazing to see Thom and Greenwood at the Ryman. Have fun, my friend. 

• Like 1

Two very misunderstood songs that will be overplayed today.

And a bonus for good fun.

Edited by Didba

Bowies Heroes is one of his best you seldom hear and greatly underappreciated. Heroes and Suffragette City are two of my fav's by him. I will say Suffragette City is a hard song to do live and come close to how it sounds recorded in studio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Good old Country Joe "come home in a box" one of the best sing along songs ever

Easy to play on guitar too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to some Jackson Browne recently and reminded of what a great singer/songwriter he has been for a long time. Glenn Frey credited him with teaching them (The Eagles) what they needed to know about the songwriting craft to be successful. Found this version of two of my favorites from him- really like the simple/solo/acoustic arrangement. Keep in mind that he wrote “These Days” when he was 16 years old:

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Listening to some Jackson Browne recently and reminded of what a great singer/songwriter he has been for a long time. Glenn Frey credited him with teaching them (The Eagles) what they needed to know about the songwriting craft to be successful. Found this version of two of my favorites from him- really like the simple/solo/acoustic arrangement. Keep in mind that he wrote “These Days” when he was 16 years old:

Acoustic versions can give you a whole new perspective of a song

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Didba said:

Love STP. DeLeo brothers both super talented. Have to admit "Vasoline" is my favorite song but I absolutely wore out both "Core" and "Purple". Such a shame that Weiland could never get a handle on things.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Came across this masterpiece this morning.  Everyone remember Evanescence?  Amy Lee, one of the best vocalists ever, along with arguably the most well known violinists ever paired up .... a slice of heaven!

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s interesting indeed but I can’t bring myself to get to into it without the Abbott brothers. I was able to see them in the late’90s on the Far Beyond Driven tour with White Zombie as the opening act. It was at Oak Mountain. Phil was on his game that night and it’s probably top 3-5 concerts I’ve ever seen.