Starting lineup in 16-17

TexasTiger

Here is a Podcast with a great coach and an even greater person - Legendary Sonny Smith. I wanted to post this as it's own thread but the site would not let me. Any suggestions? I created a member ship...KEN

http://collegehoopsw...ch-sonny-smith/

You have to have 50 or 100 posts to be able to start a thread so the suggestion is get involved & post. Also welcome Ken! Glad you are hear.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta stay healthy and stay out of trouble. We do that, we'll be dangerous.

Think I posted earlier in this thread but since the recent GTs and commits,

PG: Johnson

SG: Brown

SF: Dunans

PF: Purifoy

C: Spence

Rotation will include:

Pg: Harper, Williams, Dunans, Kiem (SEC experience might lend him well)

SG: Heron, Lang, Williams, Dunans

SF: Heron, McLemore, Lang

PF: Spencer, McLemore, Waddell (Hope he gets better and can contribute)

C:Smith, McLemore

Gotta stay healthy and stay out of trouble. We do that, we'll be dangerous.

Think I posted earlier in this thread but since the recent GTs and commits,

PG: Johnson

SG: Brown

SF: Dunans

PF: Purifoy

C: Spence

Rotation will include:

Pg: Harper, Williams, Dunans, Kiem (SEC experience might lend him well)

SG: Heron, Lang, Williams, Dunans

SF: Heron, McLemore, Lang

PF: Spencer, McLemore, Waddell (Hope he gets better and can contribute)

C:Smith, McLemore

Brown is not starting over Heron unless Heron gets hurt. Staff already has him locked in as a projected starter.

Any chance both Heron and Brown are in the lineup? I tend to look at lineups traditionally with a big in the middle. The trend is to put 5 guys on the floor that can score from anywhere. We have some interesting combinations that we could try with that approach. Brown is a deep threat and Heron can do it all but I have read where he is very impressive going to the basket. Just curious if we might see someone in a D. Green role like GSW.

Any chance both Heron and Brown are in the lineup? I tend to look at lineups traditionally with a big in the middle. The trend is to put 5 guys on the floor that can score from anywhere. We have some interesting combinations that we could try with that approach. Brown is a deep threat and Heron can do it all but I have read where he is very impressive going to the basket. Just curious if we might see someone in a D. Green role like GSW.

Unlikely as starters. Word is Heron, Dunnans, & Danjel are likely locks to start. The 1 will be Johnson or Harper, then you have a big.

He tried to make Bowers be a d green role. I used to point out two years ago what pearl was doing as far as mimicking or at least trying to mimic golden state

Unlikely as starters. Word is Heron, Dunnans, & Danjel are likely locks to start. The 1 will be Johnson or Harper, then you have a big.

E is correct about starting lineup. But if your question is could we see a lineup where both are on the floor at same time I would say yes. We have a plethora of SG/SF type players with some being pure shooters, some being slasher scorer types and I think Herron will eventually be both. Pearl would like to press on D more then we could in the past because of depth issues. With the numbers we should have this year and next year he should be able to press more so there will be lots of subbing to keep people fresh.

Pressing defenses help burn the shot clock and hurts methodical teams by shortening amount of time in half court offense as long as we have a shot Blocker. Spencer or Laron then this also helps with our not being as big as we would like at PF.

Archived