2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running style not physical style.  However Davis broke more tackles, I was talking more in terms of glide, foot quickness, moves, and posture.

50 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I already said earlier in the thread Stephen Davis...

https://youtu.be/Wzd1JbZdjvw

Interesting. Have never seen his high school footage before.

Never knew he wore #48 in high school. It was stated in 1993 he chose #48 at Auburn because he was a "Prop 48" student-athlete.

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I don't think this kid will play RB. Bet he moves to saftey

Really? I don't see that happening...

54 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I don't think this kid will play RB. Bet he moves to saftey

Better chance Alaric would get moved there before Devan. Staff took Alaric as an ATH, Devan as a RB.

I will never forget when Kenny Irons did a stutter step as he jumped over a defender for a long run. I think it was against the turds or maybe lsu. I think he scored on that run.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I will never forget when Kenny Irons did a stutter step as he jumped over a defender for a long run. I think it was against the turds or maybe lsu. I think he scored on that run.

Even though it was a loss. This is my favorite Kenny run

• Like 2

That was the game that got away.  Kenny was fantastic that game. 

Dang....things are moving too fast for me.

University of Auburn....that's where Yahoo has him going.....how did they get him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/13db3f6a-86e6-3af7-8aca-edeb6deacbf2/ss_tigers-land-4*-2017-florida.html?nhp=1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even though it was a loss. This is my favorite Kenny run

I was at the fifty yard line. That game was amazing and painful to watch

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That was the game that got away.  Kenny was fantastic that game. 

Kenny was great. He was one of my favorites. He probably would have rushed for 2000 in Gus's offense. We all know how he likes to give it the hot hand, he could have had monster stats with Gus.

Edited by Randman5000

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Better chance Alaric would get moved there before Devan. Staff took Alaric as an ATH, Devan as a RB.

I forgot about Alaric. Devan is a better RB. 

We should have drilled lsu into oblivion that game. Those 5 missed FGs killed us. Carlson would have put that game away well before the 4th quarter. I still fault Pat Dye for the 1988 corndog quake game. If we had opted for the FG when Dye went for it, we would have been 1988 NCs. It is sad to say that we could have had 1983,88, & 2013 to add to 1957 & 2010. Folks that's 5 NCs that should have been on the wall. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:25 PM, bigbird said:

Really? I don't see that happening...

I said the same thing about Kerryon Johnson.  This kid needs the ball in his hands.

On July 29, 2016 at 5:23 PM, corchjay said:

I already said earlier in the thread Stephen Davis...

Stephen runs much stiffer and less fluid...maybe a little more speed.  Stephen also sheds tackles like he's running through a Pre-K playground.

He reminds me of Brent irt fluidity and effortlessness.  Speed was not mentioned. (I know it might be cognitively demanding.)  I saw Brent as a Tiger and a Packer and his effortless style is what I remember most.

On July 30, 2016 at 10:07 PM, doc4aday said:

We should have drilled lsu into oblivion that game. Those 5 missed FGs killed us. Carlson would have put that game away well before the 4th quarter. I still fault Pat Dye for the 1988 corndog quake game. If we had opted for the FG when Dye went for it, we would have been 1988 NCs. It is sad to say that we could have had 1983,88, & 2013 to add to 1957 & 2010. Folks that's 5 NCs that should have been on the wall. 

1993, 2004. 

On July 29, 2016 at 5:10 PM, corchjay said:

Running style not physical style.  However Davis broke more tackles, I was talking more in terms of glide, foot quickness, moves, and posture.

Barrett reminds me of Yeldon.  He had similar skills.  They're pretty close to the same size too.

WDE!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Barrett reminds me of Yeldon.  He had similar skills.  They're pretty close to the same size too.

WDE!

As long as he is a little tougher than Yeldon ;)

• Like 2