Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump.

Nothing new on LBs right now.

You misunderstand. Britt was bumping his post count, nothing more...

Maybe I set my sights too low but I'm just looking for several good solid guys who can play within our system....not expecting 5* guys though some good 4* kids with size and speed would be nice.

AND....I'm hoping that AU does not keep playing musical chairs with the Defense coaching staff. JMO.....but some very good guys have not reached their potential at AU because each season they were working under different coaches who brought different ideas to the defensive scheme.

In general, we've wasted some very good talent...juniors and seniors who were still playing like freshmen because they were being introduced to a new defense every year...learning on the job.

Now is the time to stop the coaching carousel and let the players get comfortable with our defensive scheme...and have the opportunity to carry what they learn from one season to the next.

This defensive coaching staff will be together for at least the next 3 to 5 years. Unless McGriff gets a DC position somewhere. And Gus gets his head out of his rear.

As for the wasted talented part, agree to a degree. Didn't help that the culture of the AU D turned into being a sissy.

This changed with XCWM. Is the change staying with Steele, or will we see us go back to how it was?

Maybe I set my sights too low but I'm just looking for several good solid guys who can play within our system....not expecting 5* guys though some good 4* kids with size and speed would be nice.

AND....I'm hoping that AU does not keep playing musical chairs with the Defense coaching staff. JMO.....but some very good guys have not reached their potential at AU because each season they were working under different coaches who brought different ideas to the defensive scheme.

In general, we've wasted some very good talent...juniors and seniors who were still playing like freshmen because they were being introduced to a new defense every year...learning on the job.

Now is the time to stop the coaching carousel and let the players get comfortable with our defensive scheme...and have the opportunity to carry what they learn from one season to the next.

This defensive coaching staff will be together for at least the next 3 to 5 years. Unless McGriff gets a DC position somewhere. And Gus gets his head out of his rear.

As for the wasted talented part, agree to a degree. Didn't help that the culture of the AU D turned into being a sissy.

This changed with XCWM. Is the change staying with Steele, or will we see us go back to how it was?

It depends on Gus. If he goes back to 1s & 2s versus scouts in practice like 2014 we will be in bad shape. If he sticks to 1s & 2s versus each other like in 2015 then we can do some things.

Bump.

Yep.

Actually, I was curious about why WDE said he was 'meh' on McBride.

Bump.

Yep.

I just am.

It depends on Gus. If he goes back to 1s & 2s versus scouts in practice like 2014 we will be in bad shape. If he sticks to 1s & 2s versus each other like in 2015 then we can do some things.

I think the red shirts are going to be off the QB's this spring. I will find out.

Bump.

Yep.

I just am.

Really cleared that one up! ;)

I think the red shirts are going to be off the QB's this spring. I will find out.

How did we do it in 2013 and 2010? And regarding removing the no-contact shirts....Wasn't Neil Caudle the one and only time we've done that? I like WM's intensity and desire for toughness...but his methods don't seem to equate with high powered offenses. Offenses seem to fizzle in his presence.

OK....I've tried to figure it out and nothing comes to mind.

So...what is MEH?

So...what is MEH?

Means "take him or leave him", ambivalent, 50/50, etc...

How did we do it in 2013 and 2010? And regarding removing the no-contact shirts....Wasn't Neil Caudle the one and only time we've done that? I like WM's intensity and desire for toughness...but his methods don't seem to equate with high powered offenses. Offenses seem to fizzle in his presence.

I thought Queen did not have red on at times last Spring. Could be wrong though.

2013 was 1s & 2s versus each other. No clue about 2010.

So...what is MEH?

Say it while tilting your head slightly and shrugging your shoulders... it will all make sense.

I think that our LB recruiting will be something like the haul we had in WRs for 2016; maybe even the haul we had with DLs for 2016. Relax folks, we will do fine with our LBS for 2017.

I think that our LB recruiting will be something like the haul we had in WRs for 2016; maybe even the haul we had with DLs for 2016. Relax folks, we will do fine with our LBS for 2017.

Been hearing that for six years now. You're saying next year will be the charm?

eventually someone is going to be right, and they are going to look like Nostradamus.......................... as long as they aren't the same one saying it every year. lol

Been hearing that for six years now. You're saying next year will be the charm?

Law of averages is on our side. :Sing:

When are we going to start seeing the LB commits roll in? Time's wasting.

When they are ready to pop. And time is not wasting. We are 10 & a half months from NSD & still have 2 evaluation periods left before these kids sign.

When they are ready to pop. And time is not wasting. We are 10 & a half months from NSD & still have 2 evaluation periods left before these kids sign.

AU is going to sign one hell of a LBer class, on paper. 2017 class is LOADED at LBer. LOADED.

AU is going to sign one hell of a LBer class, on paper. 2017 class is LOADED at LBer. LOADED.

Sadly, I'm guessing that means our competition might also be signing great LBer classes.

McLoofus, I understand your view. But I'm choosing to view it as an upgrade at the LB spot will be great for us even if everyone else around is upgrading. It will at least close the gap. And at least our LBs won't be matched up against other LBs.

McLoofus, I understand your view. But I'm choosing to view it as an upgrade at the LB spot will be great for us even if everyone else around is upgrading. It will at least close the gap. And at least our LBs won't be matched up against other LBs.

Very true. The gap should narrow.

Archived