Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLoofus, I understand your view. But I'm choosing to view it as an upgrade at the LB spot will be great for us even if everyone else around is upgrading. It will at least close the gap. And at least our LBs won't be matched up against other LBs.

Very true. The gap should narrow.

I agree! If we sign good ones right along with everybody else then eventually our linebackers will be just as good as everybody else's. That would be a huge step forward.

It maybe 11 months or so til next signing day, but we are too thin at linebacker therefore it's never too soon to commit and stick to your AU commitment.

• 2 weeks later...

From Keith FWIW http://auburn.247spo...-Reply-44518654

-We continue to believe AU is setting up for a big haul at linebacker.

Let's hope so, and sooner rather than later.

KN also said that he expects AU to have a new commit by April 9th. No idea who. Could be what is needed to get the commit ball rolling.

From Keith FWIW http://auburn.247spo...-Reply-44518654

-We continue to believe AU is setting up for a big haul at linebacker.

Let's hope so, and sooner rather than later.

KN also said that he expects AU to have a new commit by April 9th. No idea who. Could be what is needed to get the commit ball rolling.

He also said that was a guess more than anything. He did not appear to have anyone particular in mind.

Apparently AU & UGA have some of the same LB targets. They have taken the lead w/ Ignont, still likely the team to beat for McBride, & have become real threats w/ KJ & TD.

Man, coaching staff's putting in some work all around. Come on CKS & CTW, let's get'em. War Eagle!!!!

• 1 month later...

From what I have read on this board despite a slow start in Recruiting I think at least at LB things are looking up.

4* Moultry - just committed

3* Wooten - is looking good and I believe on Friday we will know for sure

3* Britt - is looking good

4* Ignont - most think trending away from Auburn but still a chance

4* Benton - looking good

From what I have read on this board we would like 3-5 Linebackers this year. Ideally 4 of the above Linebackers however we have some other candidates that we would give serious consideration to if some of the others fall through. There is a deep Linebacker class this year and the other Linebackers are solid prospects. I am sure I may have missed a few that we are looking at.

3* Tadarius Patterson

3* James Houston

4* Palaie Gaoteote - 2018

The 2017 Recruiting thread actually says we want 3-4 Linebackers. The reason I said 3-5 is I believe if Moultry, Wooten, Britt, and Benton committed to us then Ignont decided late that he wanted to join that we would take him. I believe same would be if Ignont committed early and Benton decided late. I think Wooten and Britt need to decide sooner than later. I am hoping that if Wooten does commit Friday that the others will realize they need to make their decisions quickly if they want a place with Auburn.

It would be nice to have a solid LB class committed well before signing day maybe even before season starts.

Merging this with the T-Will, Coach Steele making waves at LB recruiting thread. No point is 2 threads that are so similar.

From what I have read on this board despite a slow start in Recruiting I think at least at LB things are looking up.

4* Benton - looking good

From what I have read on this board we would like 3-5 Linebackers this year. Ideally 4 of the above Linebackers however we have some other candidates that we would give serious consideration to if some of the others fall through. There is a deep Linebacker class this year and the other Linebackers are solid prospects. I am sure I may have missed a few that we are looking at.

3* Tadarius Patterson

3* James Houston

The 2017 Recruiting thread actually says we want 3-4 Linebackers. The reason I said 3-5 is I believe if Moultry, Wooten, Britt, and Benton committed to us then Ignont decided late that he wanted to join that we would take him. I believe same would be if Ignont committed early and Benton decided late. I think Wooten and Britt need to decide sooner than later. I am hoping that if Wooten does commit Friday that the others will realize they need to make their decisions quickly if they want a place with Auburn.

It would be nice to have a solid LB class committed well before signing day maybe even before season starts.

It's actually 4-6 & been that way for months. That thread just has nor been updated because WEAU has not been here in a long time. Monty Rice is higher on AU's board than the 3 additionals you mentioned after the big 5. Kendrick Haynes may be higher too.

Merging this with the T-Will, Coach Steele making waves at LB recruiting thread. No point is 2 threads that are so similar.

Thank You I had forgotten about this thread. I can always rely on you to fix it when I do something like this.

TD, Britt, Benton and Wooton will be AUsome!

Add in 1-2 of the plan b's and we are great, actually think we would be with just the 4.

I like the idea, but I'll believe it when the signed LOI's roll in off the fax machine. LB is the key position on defense and UAT and their REC are well aware of this. In recent times they have been extremely successful with their "anywhere but Auburn" strategy concerning LB's they don't want to sign themselves. I hope last year broke the strangle-hold, but I'll believe it when I see it.

4* Benton - looking good

3* Tadarius Patterson

3* James Houston

It's actually 4-6 & been that way for months. That thread just has nor been updated because WEAU has not been here in a long time. Monty Rice is higher on AU's board than the 3 additionals you mentioned after the big 5. Kendrick Haynes may be higher too.

Yep on Rice. AU has Rice up at the top with the others.

I was wondering about him the other day. Seems like a forgotten prospect on this site, but my vague recollection was that our coaches liked him a lot.

As I said a while back, my personal order (based only on the limited amount I've seen online and their build) is Wooten, Benton/Moultry, Ignont, Britt, and Rice. I like long, athletic LBs, and those top three (again, only from what I've seen) appear to have the best range.

Auburn should have hired Kirby Smart when we had the chance. But thanks to Jacobs, we did nothing.

Auburn should have hired Kirby Smart when we had the chance. But thanks to Jacobs, we did nothing.

Bwahahaha. Post of the Day !!!

C'mon Man. I don't want Smart anywhere near our program and I don't think many other Auburn people do either. He's a dirtbag, pure and simple.

C'mon Man. I don't want Smart anywhere near our program and I don't think many other Auburn people do either. He's a dirtbag, pure and simple.

AMEN! You can probably count on 1 hand the Auburn folks that wanted Kirby as our coach. And Dye (if he truly tried to push Kirby) is more senile than he appears.

Archived