Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

Anybody with recruiting knowledge care to give a % on if we get these top uncommitted LBs on our board?

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Are there any others that I'm missing? These are the 3 I see talked about most often.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody with recruiting knowledge care to give a % on if we get these top uncommitted LBs on our board?

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Are there any others that I'm missing? These are the 3 I see talked about most often.

50%

50%

51%

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Rice.

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Don't do %s but Bama is trending with the 1st 2. We are trending with Britt.

Missing:

Rice trending AU

Other to watch:

Kendrick Haynes

Thomas Johnston

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Missing:

Rice trending AU

Other to watch:

Kendrick Haynes

Thomas Johnston

In light of the fact that Britt and rice are probably better than Benton and Ignont, I would be more than happy if we got the former and lost out on the latter, even if it means Alabama makes us look bad again.

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Missing:

Rice trending AU

Other to watch:

Kendrick Haynes

Thomas Johnston

In light of the fact that Britt and rice are probably better than Benton and Ignont, I would be more than happy if we got the former and lost out on the latter, even if it means Alabama makes us look bad again.

Where has this been mentioned? It'd be nice if this is correct. I know Britt's stock has been rising recently, but better than Benton?

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Missing:

Rice trending AU

Other to watch:

Kendrick Haynes

Thomas Johnston

Where has this been mentioned? It'd be nice if this is correct. I know Britt's stock has been rising recently, but better than Benton?

1 site has dropped him to a low 4* and another a bit. He only had 32 tackles in playing 11 games behind a descent D Line. Top tier LBs make more plays than that.

W/ that said, it's not a fact as phor stated but all our targets had much better Jr seasons than MB to be honest.

Benton -

Ignont -

Britt -

Missing:

Rice trending AU

Other to watch:

Kendrick Haynes

Thomas Johnston

1 site has dropped him to a low 4* and another a bit. He only had 32 tackles in playing 11 games behind a descent D Line. Top tier LBs make more plays than that.

E W/ that said, it's not a fact as phor stated but all our targets had much better Jr seasons than MB to be honest.

My opinion comes from how highly Britt and Rice have been coming on lately combined with Benton's poor junior season and the fact that Ignont wasn't even starting LB on his own high school team, granted that team is IMG.

edit: I agree that my opinion is not fact. :)

The coaches really like Rice...a lot.

Better than noodles?

What about with gravy?

Man I've been busy too much here lately. So we lost three potential linebackers in three days? To the enemy?

Man I've been busy too much here lately. So we lost three potential linebackers in three days? To the enemy?

three? Probably just Benton and we probably lost Ignont to UGA. We are getting torpedoed from all sides.

three? Probably just Benton and we probably lost Ignont to UGA. We are getting torpedoed from all sides.

Yeah that's what I've heard. I heard we lost Britt too

Losing and backing off can be 2 different things my friend.

By backing off do you mean their offers were no longer committable or did our coaches just stop recruiting (calling). Showing my age again (texting).

By backing off do you mean their offers were no longer committable or did our coaches just stop recruiting (calling). Showing my age again (texting).

There is reason to suspect that we cooled significantly on Britt and Benton. I'm disappointed in Britt but kids will be kids. I think we're still after Ignont and Rice. That info is what I've gleaned from various sources. It may or may not be true, but it's what I heard.

I'm guessing it's more about just not calling or texting them. At least in the sense that we don't initiate contact anymore.

I don't think you can judge a high school kids off of stats at all. Too many variables that you have absolutely no knowledge about. When I played a had a friend that it was no way possible that more than 5 people was as physically gifted than in the state that hardly anybody knew at that time. And I was talking to Jerraud Powers one time and he told me how he had alot more picks in his college and professional career than he ever had in high school. Which is one of the reasons he wasn't recruited as hard

I don't think you can judge a high school kids off of stats at all. Too many variables that you have absolutely no knowledge about. When I played a had a friend that it was no way possible that more than 5 people was as physically gifted than in the state that hardly anybody knew at that time. And I was talking to Jerraud Powers one time and he told me how he had alot more picks in his college and professional career than he ever had in high school. Which is one of the reasons he wasn't recruited as hard

Great point

If you don't see the games you are right. However , I and many others saw his games last year & he was by most accounts very average. Included in that opinion is one Boom Muschamp. Boom felt he had potential to be a good college player but just as much potential to be a coach killer whatever that means.

I simply did not see the same player I saw his Soph year. His Soph year he was flying around everywhere making plays. Last year he simply seemed just not to be interested often times. The OLs were not getting to him blocking or anything like that. He simply played meh ball last year * was outplayed by at least 2 of his LB teammates.

With Powers QBs were likely not throwing the ball his way. There was nothing like that at all with Benton last year. His play was just very blah.

My point is can't know what's going on in his life his, the coaches lives, team dynamics, etc. I'm not disputing you thought he looked blah. I'm disputing you saying he did one year makes you feel that he's not that good. For all we know he had an injury he was hiding, maybe not.

It's ironic you use boom in your example, because power's is one of muschamp's all time favorite players coached. And as I was eluding JP said that none of the coaches viewed him as a special talent from high school. IMO he was the last great corner we had

Archived