Coaches T-Will & Steele already making waves w/ 2017 LB recruiting

ellitor

With all the drama around silent commits, changing commitments we still have two very good Linebackers. As many have said this is a very good year for linebackers. E has stated that we want 2-3 more Linebackers. Who are we recruiting the hardest now and if you had to make an educated guess will we get one more, two more or three more and who would they be?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the drama around silent commits, changing commitments we still have two very good Linebackers. As many have said this is a very good year for linebackers. E has stated that we want 2-3 more Linebackers. Who are we recruiting the hardest now and if you had to make an educated guess will we get one more, two more or three more and who would they be?

We will get 2-3 more. As for your other questions right now those are hard to answer given the LB drama of last week unless Golf, WDE, or Bird has that info.

Tyler Taylor, Will Ignont, De'Andre Wilder (on campus now), Monty Rice, KJ Britt

The AU take status or priority status of most of these has not been addressed after last week's drama....I don't think KJ is a take right now hence the AU back off him at the moment.

Tyler Taylor, Will Ignont, De'Andre Wilder (on campus now), Monty Rice, KJ Britt

The AU take status or priority status of most of these has not been addressed after last week's drama....I don't think KJ is a take right now hence the AU back off him at the moment.

Stating the viable candidates currently being reported. The fact that KJ is rumored to be making a visit this weekend tells me he is still a take.

Stating the viable candidates currently being reported. The fact that KJ is rumored to be making a visit this weekend tells me he is still a take.

He may be a take again. He has not been though. And him visiting does not mean he is a take again. While there are a number of takes visiting this weekend this is not a takes only weekend.

We will get 2-3 more. As for your other questions right now those are hard to answer given the LB drama of last week unless Golf, WDE, or Bird has that info.

Or maybe somebody else knows. You never know!

He may be a take again. He has not been though. And him visiting does not mean he is a take again. While there are a number of takes visiting this weekend this is not a takes only weekend.

Lot of what ifs. Fact is, after the drama, if he is allowed back to visit so soon on such an important recruiting weekend, they'd take his commitment.

Lot of what ifs. Fact is, after the drama, if he is allowed back to visit so soon on such an important recruiting weekend, they'd take his commitment.

Man. Stop fighting this. Even Keith is saying what our insiders have said. That AU has backed off some & he is not a take right now. Just trust the info. When they say it's changed then it will have changed. Til then, AU has backed off some & he is not a take at the moment. Also if he is coming, most of the bigger fish will already be gone so that time is not that important.

Man. Stop fighting this. Even Keith is saying what our insiders have said. That AU has backed off some & he is not a take right now. Just trust the info. When they say it's changed then it will have changed. Til then, AU has backed off some & he is not a take at the moment. Also if he is coming, most of the bigger fish will already be gone so that time is not that important.

Not asking for a debate. You don't have to respond. Insiders are giving their opinion too.

Why would anyone assume that, just because a guy is visiting, he has a commutable offer? Even with multiple visits, there have been a number of guys that came on official and unofficial visits but never had commutable offers.

Why would anyone assume that, just because a guy is visiting, he has a commutable offer? Even with multiple visits, there have been a number of guys that came on official and unofficial visits but never had commutable offers.

Obviously, they had some sort of commutable offer or they wouldn't have commuted here on the visit. Commitable offers now, that's a different question. :)

Obviously, they had some sort of commutable offer or they wouldn't have commuted here on the visit. Commitable offers now, that's a different question. :)

:laugh: Well done Mikey!

Follow last week. He's been a take. There was drama behind the scenes. Given the details of that drama, to have allowed him back on campus that quickly...come on. They're not going for that if they didn't want his commitment.

Follow last week. He's been a take. There was drama behind the scenes. Given the details of that drama, to have allowed him back on campus that quickly...come on. They're not going for that if they didn't want his commitment.

You really can't stop a kid from visiting you on his own dime during visiting periods. Do you realize how bad that would look on the trail to other recruits & HS coaches? Besides there are others in town that are not takes so no reason to think KJ is a take yet after his games. Also remember AU is recruiting KJ & Rice for the same LB position w/ Rice higher on the board. It's not first come first serve right now with those 2.

Maybe so, but if he's just there for the ride, do you carry him around with the DC and DL coaches along with another committed LB in the class? Why give him that kind of attention if you don't want his commitment?

Possibly he is coming this week to try and get back in good graces of the coaches. It might be his mea culpa.

Maybe so, but if he's just there for the ride, do you carry him around with the DC and DL coaches along with another committed LB in the class? Why give him that kind of attention if you don't want his commitment?

IDK but I will quote this from Keith an hour ago then I'm done discussing Britt til there is news with him. Link

Auburn hasn't recruited Britt as hard the past month. If Tigers pick it up, they'd have a decent shot.

In fairness to you, him being there & riding around w/ TD & coaches could be them picking back up but we just don't know that to be the case.

BMatt: "Auburn alone in De'Andre Wilder's top five"

AU recruiting him as a "Money" LB

Interesting. TD Moultry committed to us as a Money Backer.

Link
AUBURN | It took just one trip to Auburn for De’Andre Wilder to put the Tigers in his top five.

What other top schools are at the top of the list for the four-star outside linebacker from Carol City in Miami Gardens, Fla.?

For now, there are no others.

Wilder plans to come out with a complete top five in September. Auburn is already in there based on his relationship with the coaching staff including defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and linebacker coach Travis Williams.

“They are great coaches,” Wilder said. “They told me about how it's family first and football second.”

Wilder said Auburn is recruiting him as a Money linebacker.

“(Steele) said I'm a special player,” Wilder said.

Wilder, 6-foot-2 and 204 pounds, has close to 40 offers. He listed a top 11 on June 1st of Auburn, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, West Virginia, California, Colorado and Louisville.

Wilder visited Auburn with his father, who lives in Atlanta. He hopes to return in July and then again for an official visit. He plans to hold off on a decision until November.

Wilder is working to be a December graduate. He hopes to major in business management or sports medicine.

“I want to graduate from school and I want to do my best to have a family business,” he said.

Wilder had 64 tackles and 14 sacks as a junior.

Link
AUBURN | It took just one trip to Auburn for De’Andre Wilder to put the Tigers in his top five.

What other top schools are at the top of the list for the four-star outside linebacker from Carol City in Miami Gardens, Fla.?

For now, there are no others.

Wilder plans to come out with a complete top five in September. Auburn is already in there based on his relationship with the coaching staff including defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and linebacker coach Travis Williams.

“They are great coaches,” Wilder said. “They told me about how it's family first and football second.”

Wilder said Auburn is recruiting him as a Money linebacker.

“(Steele) said I'm a special player,” Wilder said.

Wilder, 6-foot-2 and 204 pounds, has close to 40 offers. He listed a top 11 on June 1st of Auburn, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, West Virginia, California, Colorado and Louisville.

Wilder visited Auburn with his father, who lives in Atlanta. He hopes to return in July and then again for an official visit. He plans to hold off on a decision until November.

Wilder is working to be a December graduate. He hopes to major in business management or sports medicine.

“I want to graduate from school and I want to do my best to have a family business,” he said.

Wilder had 64 tackles and 14 sacks as a junior.

So many good LBer's out there. AU will get 4 great ones. Not worried about LBer recruiting at all. QB? :dunno:

So many good LBer's out there. AU will get 4 great ones. Not worried about LBer recruiting at all. QB? :dunno:

QB is a definite concern if we lose Mond. My guess is the staff would make another hard run at Naecisse especially given LSU also has a pocket QB commit whose stock is going up in a hurry, or N'Kosi Perry from Miami.

Archived