2017 Early Enrollees

willieguns

I know KJ Britt, Chandler Wooten, and Malcolm Askew are all Enrolling in January.  Are there others?   I am not sure if this topic was discussed already but was curious on who is expected to arrive in January.   This seems to be great for their development.  It seemed to work for Marlon Davison. 

4 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Any LBs coming in early will be a great help and a good chance for them to get some early reps.

I agree especially on special teams we are returning all 3 starters. 

9 minutes ago, willieguns said:

I agree especially on special teams we are returning all 3 starters. 

You're right as far as special teams. But in the rotation unless they are playing at a really high level they won't see much time. Unless they move either Williams or Davis to olb then maybe

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Brahms and Matthews are also mid year enrollies.

On the WAR EAGLE radio app they mentioned that Matthews may not stick and that Matthews was told to look around.  Makes sense when you look at the returning RB's.  Pettway Junior KJ Junior, Kam Martin Soph and Malik Miller Redshirt freshman or sophomore.  When they 2 Freshman RB's arrive there will not really be a role for him unless he's some stud that can beat out KJ and Pettway, Plus with his Eligibility being a Junior he wouldn't want to wait.  I guess we will wait and see.  

2 hours ago, willieguns said:

On the WAR EAGLE radio app they mentioned that Matthews may not stick and that Matthews was told to look around.  Makes sense when you look at the returning RB's.  Pettway Junior KJ Junior, Kam Martin Soph and Malik Miller Redshirt freshman or sophomore.  When they 2 Freshman RB's arrive there will not really be a role for him unless he's some stud that can beat out KJ and Pettway, Plus with his Eligibility being a Junior he wouldn't want to wait.  I guess we will wait and see.  

Which podcast on the app?

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Which podcast on the app?

It was a few weeks ago, but Keith Neibur mentioned it. 

2 hours ago, willieguns said:

It was a few weeks ago, but Bryan Matthews mentioned it. 

BMatt has never been on the WERA as for as I know. Do you mean The Rundown which he does for Rivals?

2 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

What is the signing date for early enrollees?

December 12th-15th. They can just show up at a school without signing though.

So does that mean that JS needs to sign by then if he wants to practice in the spring. I don't know all of his options since he isn't enrolled as a player this year.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

So does that mean that JS needs to sign by then if he wants to practice in the spring. I don't know all of his options since he isn't enrolled as a player this year.

No. If he starts classes in January he can practice in the Spring.

He does have to sign a NLI in December to do bowl prep if he wants.

Can Stidham show up for practice on 12th then change his mind before signing in January to follow Briles. Can't imagine something like that happening but is it possible?

2 hours ago, autan said:

Can Stidham show up for practice on 12th then change his mind before signing in January to follow Briles. Can't imagine something like that happening but is it possible?

No. The Dead period is from Dec. 12th-Jan. 11th. The only way he can show up for practice in that period is if he has signed his NLI w/ AU which he can't back out of. for the most part.

Can we unlock the JS thread now and just  ban the people who won't listen instead of locking everyone out of a thread? He may commit in a week yet we can't even post questions and comments about him. 

Byw- i completely understand why it was done but I just think it is odd that it is still locked. He is the most important recruit in years. 

Or do we want to just use this thread from now on? 

CJ Avery is a EE and is announcing next week.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Can we unlock the JS thread now and just  ban the people who won't listen instead of locking everyone out of a thread? He may commit in a week yet we can't even post questions and comments about him. 

Byw- i completely understand why it was done but I just think it is odd that it is still locked. He is the most important recruit in years. 

Or do we want to just use this thread from now on? 

Really? You can't wait 24 hours? It's only been 8 at the moment. He's not committing til after the dead period starts on the 12th. Also it takes a whole heck of a lot on this site to be banned. I don't think most of the mods and admins consider the derailment and the back and forth in there as bannable offenses.

Ok does anyone know how the florida coaches visit went? Is he visiting Florida? Do you think he is waiting on k briles to get a job or will it matter? Anyone know how close he is with Kam Martin? 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Wow. Don't take it personally  it just does not make sense. You are basically punishing everyone from talking  about a recruit because of a few guys that can't follow the rules. 

Ok does any know how the florida coaches visit went? Is he visiting Florida? Do you think he is waiting on k briles to get a job or will it matter? Anyone know how close he is with Kam Martin? 

It was not taken personally. It had only been 8 hours. Nothing Earth Shattering is going to happen in that time frame given the schedule of Stidham always maintaining he was not going to commit before mid December, and if it did the thread would be unlocked obviously.

As for your questions 1. Well. 2. Premium/VIP at the moment. 3. Has been answered in the Stidham thread via a quote from Keith of 247 yesterday... Link 4. Not that close but give K-Mart for trying to recruit the heck out of him.

Thanks. 

Actually I am a member of the other sites but I like to come here to read what you bird golf and others write. Since I have been here from the beginning through the name changes and other stuff with this site - I find it to be a decent site, which is why I did not understand why it was locked. 

And actually there is news from the UF board on Stidham tonight. 

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Thanks. 

Actually I am a member of the other sites but I like to come here to read what you bird golf and others write. Since I have been here from the beginning through the name changes and other stuff with this site - I find it to be a decent site, which is why I did not understand why it was locked. 

And actually there is news from the UF board on Stidham tonight. 

Smart man.............

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Thought I heard that QB LN was an early entry too.

yeah he is which is good if we get him we will have more DT on campus for spring ball.

Archived