ellitor

2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

Recommended Posts

triangletiger    407
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Please include a link with any article posted.

There's a link in 'Justyn Ross' at the beginning of the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




ellitor    4,707
12 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

There's a link in 'Justyn Ross' at the beginning of the post.

That's not the link to the article though. It's his SECCountry profile.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lionheartkc    4,028

 Ross fell nearly 100 spots in the new 247 rankings. Anyone got the scoop on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

 Ross fell nearly 100 spots in the new 247 rankings. Anyone got the scoop on that.

Didn't shine at The Opening & Lawrence struggled a bit which affected Ross's performance since they were teammates there.

Ross fell to a 4* again on the composite.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lionheartkc    4,028
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Didn't shine at The Opening & Lawrence struggled a bit which affected Ross's performance since they were teammates there.

Wow... you would think it would take more than that for a kid who is so sought after to take a big drop like that. Thanks for the insight as usual, E.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fredst    592
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Didn't shine at The Opening & Lawrence struggled a bit which affected Ross's performance since they were teammates there.

Ross fell to a 4* again on the composite.

 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

 Ross fell nearly 100 spots in the new 247 rankings. Anyone got the scoop on that.

No insight but this must mean he's an AU lean, lol

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gowebb11    672

The rankings drop makes perfect sense because 7 on 7 flag football is identical to full contact SEC football. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
corchjay    1,688

I like Ross but he isn't a 5 star player.  He's very solid if I were to rate him it would be about a 93 in the 247 scale... he does provide something we need and that's the jump ball.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theagent39    0

Ross is a very tall WR that has the frame to add much weight. He has Randy Moss type talent but has a long ways to reach this type potential if he has to drive and desire to work hard (which I question at this point). He runs very poor routes (this can be coached) but does an abysmal job blocking, especially if he isn't involved in the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaytonAU    825
10 minutes ago, theagent39 said:

Ross is a very tall WR that has the frame to add much weight. He has Randy Moss type talent but has a long ways to reach this type potential if he has to drive and desire to work hard (which I question at this point). He runs very poor routes (this can be coached) but does an abysmal job blocking, especially if he isn't involved in the play. 

I assume you've seen him play and have coached him or seen him off the field to make these accusations about his work ethic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lutzcammed    139
20 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

 Ross fell nearly 100 spots in the new 247 rankings. Anyone got the scoop on that.

does this mean he is no longer a take for us?

 

 

 

I'm kidding I'm kidding.. geez....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theagent39    0
On 7/10/2017 at 11:06 PM, ClaytonAU said:

I assume you've seen him play and have coached him or seen him off the field to make these accusations about his work ethic? 

Yes, I've seen him play many times, practices and a summer camp to make this evaluation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaytonAU    825
9 minutes ago, theagent39 said:

Yes, I've seen him play many times, practices and a summer camp to make this evaluation

Appreciate the response 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
au_bsci_04    200
4 hours ago, theagent39 said:

Yes, I've seen him play many times, practices and a summer camp to make this evaluation

Can see some Of the route running issues in video clips posted as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
austudnt23    1,210
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, corchjay said:

I like Ross but he isn't a 5 star player.  He's very solid if I were to rate him it would be about a 93 in the 247 scale... he does provide something we need and that's the jump ball.  

I agree here.  He needs to be coached up and would turn into a beast.  I believe Hill is more polished at this point in time, but Ross ceiling is higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
austudnt23    1,210
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, theagent39 said:

Ross is a very tall WR that has the frame to add much weight. He has Randy Moss type talent but has a long ways to reach this type potential if he has to drive and desire to work hard (which I question at this point). He runs very poor routes (this can be coached) but does an abysmal job blocking, especially if he isn't involved in the play. 

I agree on the Moss potential and that he needs to improve in a lot of areas to reach it.  I haven't heard anyone question his drive and desire though.

Edited by austudnt23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theagent39    0

Up until this recent spring practice/game, Ross put forth minimum effort and almost zero effort if he wasn't involved in the play. If he focuses and puts in the effort at the college level, he can without question reach Randy Moss levels (he has this type talent). I think he has the best upside of any WR in HS but does he have the drive to reach this level is completely up to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
2 hours ago, theagent39 said:

Up until this recent spring practice/game, Ross put forth minimum effort and almost zero effort if he wasn't involved in the play. If he focuses and puts in the effort at the college level, he can without question reach Randy Moss levels (he has this type talent). I think he has the best upside of any WR in HS but does he have the drive to reach this level is completely up to him.

You sounds like a coach or observant parent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,194

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU Is Gold    105
1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

What's going on? I'm not familiar with twitter. 

Joey Gatewood said WDE to Justyn Ross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now