Hey Conservatives! Feel free to defend the Constitution

AUUSN

I asked you a direct question that should be easy to answer.?????But I'll say I have seen nothing that is not correct. I have seen speculation off that reported as speculation. I don't consider it fake or wrong. I see a narcissistic a**hole with thin skin and a serious maturity issues constantly making false claims ( most of which are no big deal except he makes it so) that we have somehow been shamed because we don't just accept his  bull****. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I understand your attempt, but it misses the mark IMO. We, the American people, need the truth from the press in order to hold any administration accountable. What we are getting from the press today falls far short. No one wants the press silenced, but simply ask for fair reporting.

Not a huge fan of polling, but if the following is remotely true it confirms my thoughts.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/185927/americans-trust-media-remains-historical-low.aspx

"Enemy of the people" is a historic, politically loaded phrase.  It's a hallmark phrase of of totalitarian governments used to disenfranchise it's target.   And - ironically enough - the tyrants using the term typically enjoy high popularity levels.

Knowing Trump doesn't read, I expect he didn't know that.  

Not to say he didn't come up with it on his own.  He probably thinks he invented it. 

Where was the media in August 2015 when Obama said this:

The media were cheering Obama on of course and singing the praises of the nuclear deal with Iran.

It's cool to compare Republicans to terrorists if you're Obama.

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Where was the media in August 2015 when Obama said this:

The media were cheering Obama on of course and singing the praises of the nuclear deal with Iran.

It's cool to compare Republicans to terrorists if you're Obama.

WTF?  :dunno:

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

I asked you a direct question that should be easy to answer.?????But I'll say I have seen nothing that is not correct. I have seen speculation off that reported as speculation. I don't consider it fake or wrong. I see a narcissistic a**hole with thin skin and a serious maturity issues constantly making false claims ( most of which are no big deal except he makes it so) that we have somehow been shamed because we don't just accept his  bull****. 

Easy to answer and you consider speculation not fake or wrong. 

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

So I can only conclude you admit he tweeted it.  You were using the term "fake" as a talisman to make it go away.  

Nope. It's a non issue is what it means. Trump could tweet he played golf and you'd call him a racist or some such nonsense. 

6 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How is the President expressing a personal opinion via Twitter anything remotely like Congress making a law against the freedoms espoused in the 1st Amendment?  If there is a journalist anywhere in the country that is intimidated in the least by the President's bluster on social media, then they are even more thin-skinned than Trump appears to be. 

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Easy to answer and you consider speculation not fake or wrong. 

No not unless reported as fact. The only wrong I see has come from the orange faced guy.  

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Trump has already silenced scientists, he is now working on the press. 

And Alt-Righties look the other way because he's gonna make America great again...or something.

18 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

And Alt-Righties look the other way because he's gonna make America great again...or something.

They are buying into Trump's message of dishonest media. It's the Sunk Cost Fallacy- the tendency to not give up something unrewarding because you are already invested in it. His supporters will defend anything he does. 

14 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't believe you are stupid, so I can only assume that you are being dishonest in your post. The Twitter post CLEARLY says that FAKE NEWS is the enemy of the American people. Do you disagree with that? Do you think you are being honest when you imply that Trump is saying that he is not for freedom of the press? Can you explain how you can surmise that Trump is against the freedom of the press based on this tweet? Do you think that Trump, a U.S. citizen, has the freedom of speech to make such a tweet? Exactly who is against the U.S. Constitution?

Archived