Ole Miss

McLoofus

9 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Do you think we got the JSU center just in case Golson gets in some kind of trouble with the NCAA? Smart move on Gus's part, if so. 

I heard Chris Childers talking on Sirius College sports this morning. He already had Hugh Freeze crucified. He said, "How else does a team like Ole Miss beat Bama two years in a row? It made me queasy. I mean, has anyone from the media asked how Bama has managed to stay on top all these years? Could it be that their cheating machine is much better than Ole Miss's??? When it comes down to it, the players still have to play the game and the coaches still have to coach the game. Perhaps Freeze was the better coach on those days.

I don't think Golson is in any sort of danger.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hearsay... unless she has a recording of the schools offering her the incentives or iron clad records of the incentives being delivered, it's just her using other schools as leverage to negotiate a price for her child.

My point was the irony or karma in this happening to Dan Mullen. The same Dan Mullen who claimed to have incriminating tapes of Cam Newton talking with Mrs. Mullen. He never produced such a recording btw...

4 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

My point was the irony or karma in this happening to Dan Mullen. The same Dan Mullen who claimed to have incriminating tapes of Cam Newton talking with Mrs. Mullen. He never produced such a recording btw...

Yea... one day karma is going to come along and bite Mullen in the a**.  I just don't think it will come from this, unfortunately.

Did I read correctly somewhere that if the NCAA increases the Bowl ban to 2 years, then players can transfer and be eligible immediately?  SIAP, or already discussed-

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

I'm still shaking my head on how the D.J. Fluker situation didn't even scratch Bama.

If it's been said once, it's been said 100 times... as long as Saban is the coach and Emmert is in charge of the NCAA, bama could sacrifice virgins on the 50 yard line and the NCAA wouldn't say boo. Add in the facts that a bama grad runs the enforcement division and that bama is the NCAA cash cow, and you have a recipe for untouchable.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I don't think Golson is in any sort of danger.

He was offered immunity to squeal on the OM booster and the OM coaches.  He is ok.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

If it's been said once, it's been said 100 times... as long as Saban is the coach and Emmert is in charge of the NCAA, bama could sacrifice virgins on the 50 yard line and the NCAA wouldn't say boo. Add in the face that a bama grad runs the enforcement division, and that bama is the NCAA cash cow and you have a recipe for untouchable.

Yup

If it's been said once, it's been said 100 times... as long as Saban is the coach and Emmert is in charge of the NCAA, bama could sacrifice virgins on the 50 yard line and the NCAA wouldn't say boo. Add in the face that a bama grad runs the enforcement division, and that bama is the NCAA cash cow and you have a recipe for untouchable.

Do they even have any virgins in Tusc....nevermind...

21 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So 8 new allegations but none pertaining to the draft night stuff? Guess it was all hot air or they figured they had a strong enough case already. 

They had their arsenal fully loaded before the draft night stuff.  Then they had to reopen the investigation and found out even more ammunition at their disposal, so they reloaded the chamber and now they are ready fire the big guns, i.e.  Lack of Institutional Control, Failure to Monitor, and Freeze's Failure to provide an environment of compliance.

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Do you think we got the JSU center just in case Golson gets in some kind of trouble with the NCAA? Smart move on Gus's part, if so.

Nope! Immunity!

3 hours ago, keesler said:

He was offered immunity to squeal on the OM booster and the OM coaches.  He is ok.

Is there any evidence Golson squealed on Ole Miss? Does not seem the quality of player Ole Miss would have to pay to get.

10 hours ago, weagl1 said:

One thing is for sure you starting beating Bammer and the NCAA is going to be up your arse with a high powered microscope and ESPN and Fineboob are going to shout it from the mountain top.  

More like the Hubbell  (I'm not sure I spelled that right) telescope. And that's not to mention the Finebaum's and other media outlets taking target practice on your arse.

And so, the hammer comes down on OLe Miss I and looks like they may get what they deserve . Meanwhile the University of North Carolina has managed to stretch out their investigation into year five or perhaps years six and thus far the NCAA has done nothing . It is not just Bama that seems to have a free pass from the NCAA. 

Just now, AU64 said:

And so, the hammer comes down on OLe Miss I and looks like they may get what they deserve . Meanwhile the University of North Carolina has managed to stretch out their investigation into year five or perhaps years six and thus far the NCAA has done nothing . It is not just Bama that seems to have a free pass from the NCAA. 

Ah... but see you're getting it all wrong.

North Carolina cheated.

Ole Miss cheated AND beat bama 2 years in a row.

This, my friends, is why I will always appreciate Rich McGlynn, no matter how overbearing his by the book stance may or may not be... because when we get back to beating bama, they can send in the NCAA dogs and they will, once again, find NOTHING.

Ah... but see you're getting it all wrong.

North Carolina cheated.

Ole Miss cheated AND beat bama 2 years in a row.

This, my friends, is why I will always appreciate Rich McGlynn, no matter how overbearing his by the book stance may or may not be... because when we get back to beating bama, they can send in the NCAA dogs and they will, once again, find NOTHING.

Well as far as North Carolina is concerned for years they made the argument .....and the NCAA made the argument that it was possible to have an elite athletic program has as well as an elite academic program. Nobody is making a claim about Bama or Ole Miss however.

As for UNC , the PTB at the NCAA are having a hard time acccepting that their blue chip basketball program had to cheat in order to reach and stay at the level it had attained . 

On 2/22/2017 at 6:27 PM, Auctoritas said:

" The value of the alleged inducements according to the NCAA is between $13,000 and $15,600. This is charged as a Level I violation. "

Wow...thats a good deal of cash.

A third of what D.J. Fluker got.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

the ncaa more than anything is just protecting one of their golden tickets for basketball in one of their blue bloods with North Carolina. Ole miss will not get such favorable treatment.

Had not read all of the allegations until just now . Dang, Ole Miss must really be hacked that most of the people who took the money are now playing somewhere else . Or, at least that's all the NCAA could track down . More likely they got the few who  had left the school and could be pressured into spilling the beans. That place had to be a real sewer it seems. 

Not trying to pile on........but can someone help me understand how nothing has come from the Tunsil issues? 

19 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Could it be that their cheating machine is much better than Ole Miss's??? 

Better, and better connected. 

A lot of us pondered a long time ago if Ole Miss wasn't punching above their weight class when they suddenly started signing all these 5*s. They clearly didn't have a system in place before and you don't put one in place overnight. bama, on the other hand, has been honing it to a fine art for decades (they got sloppy in the late 90s/early 00s). And bama is protected by Emmert. 

All this is pure conjecture on my part. I have no facts. I just think that Ole Miss got too good too fast. It reminds me of heist movies, when the one dummy goes right out and buys a fancy car or something. Don't draw attention to yourself! It's a highly flawed analogy, but not completely without merit I don't think.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:08 PM, Barkchevious said:

Did I read correctly somewhere that if the NCAA increases the Bowl ban to 2 years, then players can transfer and be eligible immediately?  SIAP, or already discussed-

Yep that's why a 2nd yr would be like the death penalty. They will all transfer out and it will take years to recover! Freeze will be be fired in that case and they will be a complete dumpster fire.

Kevin Scarbinsky, aka, al.com's window to the world had a column about the fallout from the Ole Miss. For a change he didn't seem to feel any of it would affect Auburn, but it did say if the Rebels are going down, they are going to take state dogs with them. It's KS so tifwiw.

Archived