2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

25 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not being an insider, I have no idea what did or didn't happen in Mobile. But if a rookie SEC coach was assigned as our lead recruiter in an area as important as Mobile, I have to question the wisdom of our head coach in that decision.

yep but at least he got the message that it needed to be changed and made the change. Got to give him that.

I feel TWill will get us back to were we need to be.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really? Care to share some examples? 

Went from qb to wide reciever and scored a touchdown in NCG for one big one.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Went from qb to wide reciever and scored a touchdown in NCG for one big one.

I don't want to be a be a negative nancy, but exactly how much power did he have over his position change?  I mean he could have left but he was still not a college level qb.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Still waiting on a real example. 

Here are a few quotes from others who saw the same thing I saw in Kodi as a player and Auburn man! Read story by Mike Kirkland in it's entirety. I am just giving my opinion on Kodi, and you are free to disagree. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/545040-kodi-burns-the-personification-of-what-team-player-stands-for?comment_id=3594280,3662728

Kodi Burns: The Personification of a Team Player; An "Auburn   Man       Mike Kirkland                                                                                                                                                                                                                           A class act for sure and epitome of what it means to be an Auburn Man. Proud to have players like Burns on my alma mater's football team! War Eagle!" - plainsman

"Actually with Kodi and Neil Caudle on the team we have 2 of the most unselfish TRUE team guys I have ever seen. It's got to instill unity and purpose in all these guys t

That was one of the most unselfish things I've ever seen, especially coming from a young athlete. That really went a long way to help unify the team and give them a start towards a new identity. Just my opinion." - 13BamaNC

"We can talk about Newton, Fannin, Dyer, McCalleb, Adams ect... but the keys to our offensive being successful depend highly on the performance of Burns, Smith and Lutzenkirchen. When defenses have to cover/ respect these guys, the others will have lots of room." - hatchetjack

o see these 2 leading the way." - ahsaaref

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know what you meant. That is the problem with Kodi. He just isn't ever going to be a good recruiter. 

I hate liking this. The truth though

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Here are a few quotes from others who saw the same thing I saw in Kodi as a player and Auburn man! Read story by Mike Kirkland in it's entirety. I am just giving my opinion on Kodi, and you are free to disagree. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/545040-kodi-burns-the-personification-of-what-team-player-stands-for?comment_id=3594280,3662728

Kodi Burns: The Personification of a Team Player; An "Auburn   Man       Mike Kirkland                                                                                                                                                                                                                           A class act for sure and epitome of what it means to be an Auburn Man. Proud to have players like Burns on my alma mater's football team! War Eagle!" - plainsman

"Actually with Kodi and Neil Caudle on the team we have 2 of the most unselfish TRUE team guys I have ever seen. It's got to instill unity and purpose in all these guys t

That was one of the most unselfish things I've ever seen, especially coming from a young athlete. That really went a long way to help unify the team and give them a start towards a new identity. Just my opinion." - 13BamaNC

"We can talk about Newton, Fannin, Dyer, McCalleb, Adams ect... but the keys to our offensive being successful depend highly on the performance of Burns, Smith and Lutzenkirchen. When defenses have to cover/ respect these guys, the others will have lots of room." - hatchetjack

The only reason he did that was because he was not going to be the starting qb

If Kodi doesn't get it done on the recruiting trail this year, then I'm all for letting him go. We have to get the best coaches possible! Getting "Auburn Men" is getting old if they can't carry their own weight.

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Don't bother. Their minds are made up. Some here have crystal balls through which they can see the future and thus, they know that Kodi will not be a good or even adequate recruiter 10 years from now. If you think they can't really see into the future just ask them and they'll tell you that they can. However, it appears that clairvoyance comes with a price. They can no longer see the past and they've forgotten how much Kodi's attitude and team mentality had to do with winning our only national championship in 53 years. I feel sorry for their memory loss, they've allowed a very special season and the things that went into it slip away from them.

On 3/16/2017 at 10:24 PM, Mikey said:

Don't bother. Their minds are made up. Some here have crystal balls through which they can see the future and thus, they know that Kodi will not be a good or even adequate recruiter 10 years from now. If you think they can't really see into the future just ask them and they'll tell you that they can. However, it appears that clairvoyance comes with a price. They can no longer see the past and they've forgotten how much Kodi's attitude and team mentality had to do with winning our only national championship in 53 years. I feel sorry for their memory loss, they've allowed a very special season and the things that went into it slip away from them.

10 years from now? Who really cares. Right now Kodi is struggling. Really struggling. But I forget you are just fine with 8-5 seasons so I'll just stop.  

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

10 years from now? Who really cares. Right now Kodi is struggling. Really struggling. But I forget you are just fine with 8-5 seasons so I'll just stop.  

Wow, nice response.  A lot of recruiting has to do with the school you are at and who you are competing against.  Muschump and T Rob were pulling in great recruits at UF, really good ones here and lesser ones at USCe.  I doubt they will get ANY recruits that Bama or LSU want (UGA or AU for that matter).  They are still great at recruiting and coaching but they will not get the 5* players to USCe because it is USCe. They need to get the good 3* and 4* players and coach them up or get lucky with the hidden gems that are out there. I think the good recruiters are ones that can evaluate HS talent and project their potential as college players that others, including the recruiting services, are not able to see.

Kodi may turn into an adequate, or even great recruiter, one day.  That day is not today...and that's a liability.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Kodi may turn into an adequate, or even great recruiter, one day.  That day is not today...and that's a liability.

well said. Everyone WANTS kodi to be a huge asset to the AU coaching staff and a great recruiter because we love Kodi the person. He is not that right now. IDK why that is hard for some people to accept. Its the truth at this point.

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well said. Everyone WANTS kodi to be a huge asset to the AU coaching staff and a great recruiter because we love Kodi the person. He is not that right now. IDK why that is hard for some people to accept. Its the truth at this point.

I think some just feel coming into year 2 as a P5 assistant coach is too early to brand him for life on what he will or won't be. People grow as they age & can change.

Well stated Ellitor. If Kodi were our only recruiter I would be concerned but we have a staff of excellent recruiters for him to learn from and I'm sure he will be a quick study. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well stated Ellitor. If Kodi were our only recruiter I would be concerned but we have a staff of excellent recruiters for him to learn from and I'm sure he will be a quick study. 

I'm not going that far. He has some definite issues. I'm just saying his history is not written yet.

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I'm not so sure that most of Kodi's recruiting liability isn't just vindictive gossip. Go read the threads quoting the kids he's recruiting this year. They seem to like him, they are certainly speaking well of him. Some here have never adjusted to the fact that Craig was given the boot/allowed to walk and since Kodi replaced their BFF Craig they want to rag on Kodi. Take the criticism of Kodi with several grains of salt.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm not so sure that most of Kodi's recruiting liability isn't just vindictive gossip. Go read the threads quoting the kids he's recruiting this year. They seem to like him, they are certainly speaking well of him. Some here have never adjusted to the fact that Craig was given the boot/allowed to walk and since Kodi replaced their BFF Craig they want to rag on Kodi. Take the criticism of Kodi with several grains of salt.

Amen and Amen.  We have given every coach on every team at least 18 months to build "relationships".  So why not now?  Why take a guy that hasn't had time to build relationships up for not signing a "great" recruiting class at the WR position on a team that doesn't throw the ball.  Let us sling it around a little bit this year and you'll consistently see Kodi and this staff sign top 25 WR recruits.  I think he will make a heck of a coach as well... might take him another couple years to get his footing but you never know might take T-will a couple as well.  Steele may be the brains behind T-will we don't know... Same might can be said for Kodi and Lindsey in a year or two.  

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well there is always that angle.  I shall take that under advisement before rendering judgement.

And Kodi replaced Craig in the Mobile area where Craig grew up, went to school and formed great relationships with the area coaches.  I imagine many of the coaches in the Mobile area were not happy with the way Craig was treated (or not treated) by Gus, so they are probably slow to warm to Kodi.  Hopefully Kodi turn things around.

21 minutes ago, tinman said:

And Kodi replaced Craig in the Mobile area where Craig grew up, went to school and formed great relationships with the area coaches.  I imagine many of the coaches in the Mobile area were not happy with the way Craig was treated (or not treated) by Gus, so they are probably slow to warm to Kodi.  Hopefully Kodi turn things around.

Not true. DC has fractured quite a few relationships, including many in Mobile. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not true. DC has fractured quite a few relationships, including many in Mobile. 

Did not know this.  Thanks.

I had a few run ins with Kodi while I was at Auburn.  Super nice guy but very very shy.  Not comfortable in public or around groups of people.  Always looked at his own feet a lot.  I do not see him having any kind of charisma on the recruiting trail.

Archived