Fall camp is near

WFE12

59 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Brandon Marcello said there is a walkon that is getting a shot because Ian Shannon isnt getting it done. I am concerned about this. 

That's disappointing.  All we need is consistency there.  We don't need 50 yard bombs just 37-42 with good hang time. Maybe he can get it straight over the next few weeks.  

TD and Big Cat are gonna have every opportunity to crack the rotation the first two weeks and it will be very interesting to see how they fare. If TD Moultry can have an effect like Arden Key watch out! 

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

That's disappointing.  All we need is consistency there.  We don't need 50 yard bombs just 37-42 with good hang time. Maybe he can get it straight over the next few weeks.  

Hope so. B. Marcello also alluded to some player(s) spending time at the equestrian center and we may be wondering why they aren't practicing with the ones. He gave no names.

He said some other things that conflicted with what I've been reading here though such as the situation with Justin Fields. Not sure how accurate he is.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

TD and Big Cat are gonna have every opportunity to crack the rotation the first two weeks and it will be very interesting to see how they fare. If TD Moultry can have an affect like Arden Key watch out! 

Sounds good but they better be studs if they get first team game work. PJ3 and Holland should be ready to be our pass rushers.  In a perfect world that's how it would work out

I also want to see Byron Cowart step up and not find hisself lost in the deep depths of the dl rotation. There's not much pressure because no one really thinks he will have an impact. Let's go Byron...Bring it!

15 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

KR does interest me. Count me in on the getting mad if KJ returning kicks again lol Someone just needs to get in Gus' ear & tell him we cant afford to get KJ injured returning kicks so we can move on to someone else.

This and also he is just not an electric kick return man. You would think we would have someone on the team that could do better.

46 minutes ago, kd4au said:

This and also he is just not an electric kick return man. You would think we would have someone on the team that could do better.

Thank you ! I really just don't like him as a returner. Couple of times he missed complete open lanes:

12 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Hope so. B. Marcello also alluded to some player(s) spending time at the equestrian center and we may be wondering why they aren't practicing with the ones. He gave no names.

He said some other things that conflicted with what I've been reading here though such as the situation with Justin Fields. Not sure how accurate he is.

Equestrian Center? Not practicing with the ones? What??

Starting QB named 2 weeks before season opener 

No injuries 

Jamal Dean

Our receivers killing it!

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Equestrian Center? Not practicing with the ones? What??

Here is where he said it. https://www.wareaglesportsradio.com/episode/23279/auburn-undercover-auburns-huge-recruiting-week-has-the-tigers-moving-up-the-rankings/

Starts at the 13:00 mark

Apparently he didnt mention anything about the 1st team missing reps. Guess i was just thinking that part when he said what he said. Fingers crossed this doesnt end up being a big deal.

13 hours ago, kd4au said:

Yeah, thats what I meant, but for some reason Gus thinks KJ is good back there. I was jokingly saying someone should use the injury line & maybe Gus would buy it. Imo KJ has no business returning kicks at all. Not what I would look for in a KR, but what do I know.

17 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah, thats what I meant, but for some reason Gus thinks KJ is good back there. I was jokingly saying someone should use the injury line & maybe Gus would buy it. Imo KJ has no business returning kicks at all. Not what I would look for in a KR, but what do I know.

I agree with yall about KJ just not being electric at KR. Maybe KJ can improve there, but I'd rather they try other options. I'm hoping that Coach Horton makes a huge difference in the return game portion of special teams, but then again I think he was already coaching the returners. IMO, guys such as Jason Smith, Eli Stove, Whitlow, KMart, etc would all be better options.

9 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

I agree with yall about KJ just not being electric at KR. Maybe KJ can improve there, but I'd rather they try other options. I'm hoping that Coach Horton makes a huge difference in the return game portion of special teams, but then again I think he was already coaching the returners. IMO, guys such as Jason Smith, Eli Stove, Whitlow, KMart, etc would a versatile  all be better options.ue

Very true. While KJ has proven to be a versatile RB. I, like some others on this thread, have not been impressed with his KOR ability. If Gus is going to keep him back there hopefully  he will put in the work and prove Gus is right.

But I agree with ValleyTiger. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what Eli Stove could do as a return man. Hopefully, our defense will be so good we won't see the KOR Team on the field much this year.

:bananadance:

Does anyone know if Safety signee Carlito Gonzalez reported today? I read an article where Malzahn expected him to arrive by the start of fall camp. Auburn needs all bodies on board at the Safety position.

With Pettway's running style it increases the importance of Kerryon being healthy for us IMO, so I wouldn't mind him being left off the field during kick offs. Coupled with the fact that we have guys on the roster who's skill sets, theoretically, could be better suited for kick returns. Guys like Kam Martin and Stove come to mind as guys that have the game breaking speed that could tip a close game in our favor if they are able to break a long return. And a few others that I'm forgetting.

Not sure about JF3 with how carelessly he holds the rock though

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Not sure about JF3 though with how carelessly he holds the rock though

That's why you use him as a burner... if he's already past everyone when he catches the ball, then he can carry it as low and loose as he wants, because you aren't going to find may DBs who can outrun him.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's why you use him as a burner... if he's already past everyone when he catches the ball, then he can carry it as low and loose as he wants, because you aren't going to find may DBs who can outrun him.

I don't disagree with you at all, but I was just touching on kickoffs in my post

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't disagree with you at all, but I was just touching on kickoffs in my post

Sorry... in that case, I'm hoping Iggy gets early playing time in that role. From what I've seen an heard, if the defense makes the mistake of leaving him even a little hole, we can add 6 to the score board, and if they don't, he'll find a way to add 15-20 yards to the end of his run.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sorry... in that case, I'm hoping Iggy gets early playing time in that role. From what I've seen an heard, if the defense makes the mistake of leaving him even a little hole, we can add 6 to the score board, and if they don't, he'll find a way to add 15-20 yards to the end of his run.

I like the sound of that!!

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Shoot. If he can adapt his jump to a forward, layout landing, I suspect he could add 15 through the air, if necessary.

Archived