If Michigan can do it

fredst

54 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not being a wiseguy but what is so new about that uniform? The all "maize"? Except the gloves, that actually looks like unis Michigan has worn many times before - specifically during the 1950s and at the turn of the last century.

You're right. Not new but last worn in 1928 I believe I read. The point was, something a little different than what has been done for the past 50 years or so. If one of the "blue blood" programs can shake up the uniform rotation a little bit I'm not sure why we shouldn't try it. I don't want to be wearing camo or other weird stuff but new variations with our traditional colors would be kind of cool every now and then.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Congrats, you have now referenced beastiality into this thread. Just don't see the big whoop about wearing a different uni a couple of times a year.

And I don't see the big whoop with not jumping on the alt-uni bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

You're right. Not new but last worn in 1928 I believe I read. The point was, something a little different than what has been done for the past 50 years or so. If one of the "blue blood" programs can shake up the uniform rotation a little bit I'm not sure why we shouldn't try it. I don't want to be wearing camo or other weird stuff but new variations with our traditional colors would be kind of cool every now and then.

I'm all for changing up the uniforms at times.

Harbaugh isn't big on tradition or brand prestige though. He is the most gimmicky coach in the land. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I'm all for changing up the uniforms at times.

Harbaugh isn't big on tradition or brand prestige though. He is the most gimmicky coach in the land. 

Agree , but he's Michigan thru and thru and played for Schembechler so I bet he wouldn't be cavalier about doing different unis.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

1980 says hi.

Well then tell it I said hi back? wth dude? For a mod you sure don't try to make people feel welcome here. Always giving attitude and always have to have the last word. 

haha you know it football time when the annual jersey thread gets started. Personally i'm not a fan of the all yellow look

1 minute ago, amsterjam said:

Well then tell it I said hi back? wth dude? For a mod you sure don't try to make people feel welcome here. Always giving attitude and always have to have the last word. 

Someone didn't take their mood pills this morning.  Suck it up buttercup.  

You said maybe wear them for Georgia and trash them if we don't win.  We tried this already.  In 1980.  Against Georgia.  Orange jerseys.  We lost.  We trashed them.  That's all I was saying.

9 hours ago, selias said:

I love our all white road Stormtrooper uniforms and while I would kinda like to see an all blue uniform, I wonder what kind of contrast that would offer against the green of grass under lights. I can't help but wonder if it would mess with the QB's eyes..

Auburn's away uniforms are the best in the country. 

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Someone didn't take their mood pills this morning.  Suck it up buttercup.  

You said maybe wear them for Georgia and trash them if we don't win.  We tried this already.  In 1980.  Against Georgia.  Orange jerseys.  We lost.  We trashed them.  That's all I was saying.

If you think you can affect my mood you're giving yourself way too much credit. Then again you usually do.

Just now, amsterjam said:

If you think you can affect my mood you're giving yourself way too much credit. Then again you usually do.

Look, you're the one that got the monthly visitor over "1980 says hi."  Everyone can draw their own conclusions.  If that's all it takes for you to get the sniffles, internetting might not be for you.

If the players want it give it to them. They're the ones laying their body on the line and actually wearing the jerseys

When you have something that is as near perfect as an Auburn uniform you may tweak it but you don't need to overhaul it,so I say NO. IMO we have the best looking unis in the country. :wareagle: 

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If the players want it give it to them. They're the ones laying their body on the line and actually wearing the jerseys

I respectfully disagree. I don't want 18-22 year olds deciding what's important about tradition.

This is (relatively) important to alumni. We shouldn't be getting into the trendy uniform war. We're about bringing your lunch and work. Hard work.

Instead of changing jerseys what about a white out and wear our all whites at home.  Throw some orange shakers in there and boom

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Instead of changing jerseys what about a white out and wear our all whites at home.  Throw some orange shakers in there and boom

I'm ok with that, once in a while. But I really love our blue and orange.

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, you're the one that got the monthly visitor over "1980 says hi."  Everyone can draw their own conclusions.  If that's all it takes for you to get the sniffles, internetting might not be for you.

Lol whatever dude. I'm not upset I'm actually laughing at you.

22 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I respectfully disagree. I don't want 18-22 year olds deciding what's important about tradition.

This is (relatively) important to alumni. We shouldn't be getting into the trendy uniform war. We're about bringing your lunch and work. Hard work.

I understand your point of view. I think we may disagree on the impact of wearing 1 different jersey every ~13 games has on tradition though.

I personally see more value in appeasing the young men wearing the jerseys for millions to see every once in a while over some guys yelling at them from their couches (I'm certainly included in this group lol). We can still be about hard work and switch jerseys up every now and then I actually fail to see the real life correlation between the 2. If the players want it I'm for it -- doesn't need to be a wholesale change all the time just something to keep the players amped up once a year. We can agree to disagree, young sir!

19 minutes ago, amsterjam said:

Lol whatever dude. I'm not upset I'm actually laughing at you.

Your laughter sounds a lot like butthurt whining. 

I think reasonable changes can be that are in good taste and that complements our traditional uniforms very well.

Like orange facemasks. 

:D

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Congrats, you have now referenced beastiality into this thread. Just don't see the big whoop about wearing a different uni a couple of times a year.

Huh?  "Jumped the shark" is term referencing the television show Happy Days when Fonzy literally jumped over a shark .  How is that referencing bestiality?

As for the thread topic, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.  Our unis are so freaking good.  Meanwhile, those Michigan and Florida color rush unis are just the dirt worst. 

Archived