If Michigan can do it

fredst

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Those MI uniforms are terrible. Wow. 

And why would we want to change the best uniform in college football? Our home blue and away white "storm trooper" uniforms are fantastic. 

I love the white on white away uniforms. Think I like them more than our home kit. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Last time we wore them was the November 15, 1980 vs Georgia.  We lost 31-21.  But you're right, we wore them a few times before that.  The 1978 UGA game was a 22-22 tie.

I stand corrected:bow:

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Your laughter sounds a lot like butthurt whining. 

I don't have to be to mad to point out the fact that you suck as a mod. I've been on here since the merge with Auburn Eagle and have never had any beef with anyone. You my friend are a looooong way from being able to say the same.

4 hours ago, logan adams said:

As an alumnus, I am in full support of giving the players what they want, especially if it's just for one game. "Tradition" goes way beyond just a football uniform. 

I've yet to hear a player speak openly about a uniform change.

I've not read all of the comments.  Who the hell cares what michigan can/do - wears - when did they become a benchmark.  Stay with Tradition Auburn.  Don't change the uniforms.

3 hours ago, amsterjam said:

I don't have to be to mad to point out the fact that you suck as a mod. I've been on here since the merge with Auburn Eagle and have never had any beef with anyone. You my friend are a looooong way from being able to say the same.

Yeah, it generally is easy to get along with everyone just swimmingly when you have no responsibilities and never have to tell people things they don't want to hear.  I don't seek it out, but it kinda comes with the territory and I'm ok with it.  

But make no mistake, you decided to be a big ol' titty baby in this thread.  Don't get all huffy when I don't give in to it and tell you to put on your big boy pants.

The all-navy look that has been floated in recent years with the navy, powder-coat look helmets is freaking rad. 

That said, I don't like the idea of gimmicky uniform schemes. The conversation that would spring up around it would make me queasy. We talk it to death every season (looking at myself, here) and it hasn't even happened yet. 

As for the OP... "If Michigan can do it"?!?!?! Gross. 

Image result for auburn football navy helmet

Please lock this.  We have the most beautiful uniforms in CFB.  Period.  Every year we go through this silly sh** about orange face masks, orange jerseys, etc., etc., etc.. Ain't happening.  

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The all-navy look that has been floated in recent years with the navy, powder-coat look helmets is freaking rad. 

That said, I don't like the idea of gimmicky uniform schemes. The conversation that would spring up around it would make me queasy. We talk it to death every season (looking at myself, here) and it hasn't even happened yet. 

Man that is sweet. Would look nice in an all navy get up once a year or so. Would look totally bada** IMO I imagine if we win the game more people would come around to the idea. 

Just now, Tiger said:

Man that is sweet. Would look nice in an all navy get up once a year or so. I imagine if we win the game more people would come around to the idea. 

Very true.

I just remember the uga blackout experience. Hated that it was bama, but boy oh boy was I happy for that little blackout experiment to die a sudden and extremely graphic death. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ok we actually need to do this though 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Doesn't  do it for me 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Doesn't  do it for me 

This won't change your mind, but here's a clever thing someone did to show the full look (would definitely look better at night, and a more narrow strip on the jersey and pants to match the width of the helmet might be better):

Image result for auburn all navy uniform

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This won't change your mind, but here's a clever thing someone did to show the full look (would definitely look better at night, and a more narrow strip on the jersey and pants to match the width of the helmet might be better):

THIS IS LEGIT AS HECKS!

A nice, classy deviation from our 2 standard kits. Would look amazing under the lights IMO

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not a big fan of change, but this helmet with the all white uni's would be pretty slick.. 

On 8/29/2017 at 11:00 AM, djg0017 said:

IMG_6329.JPGIMG_6330.JPGIMG_6331.JPGIMG_6332.JPGIMG_6333.JPG

http://uniformcritics.com/football/college/alabama-crimson-tide/2010-bama-houndstooth-nike-pro-combat/

I mean Bama did this a few years back. To anyone watching them on TV, it's obviously still Bama and the casual fan may not even notice strictly from the TV. But it was something new and had a sleek look to it. I wouldn't say it's breaking their tradition though.

:puke:

Just when I was having a good day.

Why?

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I actually like this look. And, yes, I've been following Auburn for about 50 years pretty closely so I'm not a young whipper snapper before somebody makes that leap. And, stay off of my lawn, lol!

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It would be good for an opening game against an outer conference foe and more importantly , the kids and recruits would enjoy it. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That is freaking hideous.

Archived