Sean White dismissed

PigskinPat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has to be more to this story than just a public intoxication arrest?  This sounds like something very serious that was called a PI arrest to avoid public scrutiny. I'm not looking to pile on the kid but hope he's okay. Da'Shawn Hand was arrested for a DUI and he's still there.

10 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

So, are we the only power 5 program with only two scholarship QBs on its roster? I have never seen Auburn so shallow at the QB position before. 

To think people were talking about how many QB we had before the start of spring.

3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

There has to be more to this story than just a public intoxication arrest?  This sounds like something very serious that was called a PI arrest to avoid public scrutiny. I'm not looking to pile on the kid but hope he's okay. Da'Shawn Hand was arrested for a DUI and he's still there.

He was already suspended for two games for smoking weed and then gets arrested for intoxication. If these incidents had been a year apart, no worries, but Gus had to do something.

The thing that frustrates me is bammer players do all of this same stuff and worse and get no suspensions, no discipline, and only get kicked off the team if they nearly kill a guy. Then the players get welcomed back a year later. Guys fail drug tests 8 times and no discipline. Guy gets a DUI and some BS story that he was asleep in the car and no discipline. Guy with drugs and illegal firearm in the middle of the night and no legal trouble or discipline. There need to be across the board NCAA enforcement rules of suspensions for these type of issues. Schools shouldn't get to allow players to be criminals with no repercussions as long as they produce on the field.  

6 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

To think we were talking about how many QB we had before the start of spring.

"We" do it every spring. It would be charitable to call "us" insane.

7 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Unbelievable. Cannot believe what has transpired with him.

Without knowing the full details of everything involving SW we really can't compare the two incidents. Other factors to consider would be attitude, sincere regret, willingness to comply with future expectations, etc. I pray that he gets himself straightened out because I'm still a fan of his. I liked his moxie but he had problems staying healthy and then he adds the personal issues on top of that. Tough to overcome those odds when you do that. 

Hate it for the kid butbad choices will do that to you.  If this was his first time in trouble I would be surprised by the decision but at some point you have to cut ties with people that choose not to follow the rules

16 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Well this answers if Willis is going to be redshirted...

Wait a minute, remember the plan was to red shirt Willis.  You know what lengths Gus will go to stick to his plan.  If Gus lived in the real world we would have seen Willin in the GSU game.  I'll wait for the public announcement. 

4 minutes ago, nurbis said:

The thing that frustrates me is bammer players do all of this same stuff and worse and get no suspensions, no discipline, and only get kicked off the team if they nearly kill a guy. Then the players get welcomed back a year later. Guys fail drug tests 8 times and no discipline. Guy gets a DUI and some BS story that he was asleep in the car and no discipline. Guy with drugs and illegal firearm in the middle of the night and no legal trouble or discipline. There need to be across the board NCAA enforcement rules of suspensions for these type of issues. Schools shouldn't get to allow players to be criminals with no repercussions as long as they produce on the field.  

Will the NCAA also oversee which students can stay on scholarship who aren't in sports?  Are they going to be subject to the exact same requirements?  If the answer is no then the whole argument can't come to fruition. It's either for all scholarship students or none IMO.  

Archived