Sean White dismissed

PigskinPat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

There has to be more to this story than just a public intoxication arrest?  This sounds like something very serious that was called a PI arrest to avoid public scrutiny. I'm not looking to pile on the kid but hope he's okay. Da'Shawn Hand was arrested for a DUI and he's still there.

There has always been talk of his party life style. Apparently must be more prevalent than we are fully aware. Seems he has had several chances. I just hope there is some sort of continued tie to him as his well being is much more important than his ability to play football.  Hoping this isn't a turn your back on the guy situation

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

the personal issues on top of that.

I'm a big fan of his as well. He's a tough kid..  I'm thinking aloud, but maybe he can play for Kiffin at FAU?  He'll be closer to his family and have the support he needs while playing for a school near his hometown.  I'm really just pulling for the kid to come out on top. Good luck Sean and thanks for all you've done while at Auburn. I look forward to watching you play again. WDE.

As I posted in the "arrested" thread, I agree with him being removed from the team, however; I hope AU continues to help him in some way to deal with his problem(s).

wde

So sad to see this.  I hope this is not due to him spiraling out of control because he lost his starting job.  But rules are rules, and I am glad Gus holds his players to a set of standards, no matter who they are or how baldy we need them.  

11 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

There has to be more to this story than just a public intoxication arrest?  This sounds like something very serious that was called a PI arrest to avoid public scrutiny. I'm not looking to pile on the kid but hope he's okay. Da'Shawn Hand was arrested for a DUI and he's still there.

There is plenty more to this story, an accumulation of over a year of almost continuous little issues.  CGM, the coaching staff, fellow teammates, and many AU people provided resources to help educate our student-athletes stepped up big time to aid SW.  In my opinion Gus was beyond patient and the AD exhausted every effort to provide resources to help the kid grow up, mature, make better decisions and grow into a  leadership role.

***Not directed at you personally, but I really wish people would STOP comparing any and everything Auburn does to Alabama.  Every program, every coaching staff runs their program's the way they see fit.  Gus Malzhan does not run his program like Nick Saban and I'm perfectly fine with that.:dunno:

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So sad to see this.  I hope this is not due to him spiraling out of control because he lost his starting job.  But rules are rules, and I am glad Gus holds his players to a set of standards, no matter who they are or how baldy we need them.  

One thing I keep going back to is how hard Gus tried to avoid giving him the starting job in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Hate it for the kid butbad choices will do that to you.  If this was his first time in trouble I would be surprised by the decision but at some point you have to cut ties with people that choose not to follow the rules

Hate for his parents

All the excitement and potential for their son wasted at this point

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Will the NCAA also oversee which students can stay on scholarship who aren't in sports?  Are they going to be subject to the exact same requirements?  If the answer is no then the whole argument can't come to fruition. It's either for all scholarship students or none IMO.  

NCAA stands for National Collegiate Athletic Association so I don't know why they would have jurisdiction over non-athlete scholarship students. I do think they should have enforcement over all students on athletic scholarship. That is part of their purpose, to insure that schools are not gaining an unfair advantage by skirting rules. Allowing players to break laws without repercussion seems like it would fall under that category. 

27 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Dangerous chance to start down the 2012 rabbit hole. Gotta hold the team together. (Before I get lambasted, I know it's a big leap, but all it takes is a push to get rolling downhill)

I will not bash you b/c it could go that way. Maybe not as bad but 5, 6 or 7 losses could happen considering how inept our offense is right now. I'm no longer counting the Miss. games and the Mizzou games as automatic wins. If we don't get a hold of the turnovers and find some diversity with our offense this could get ugly really fast. 

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

There is plenty more to this story, an accumulation of over a year of almost continuous little issues.  CGM, the coaching staff, fellow teammates, and many AU people provided resources to help educate our student-athletes stepped up big time to aid SW.  In my opinion Gus was beyond patient and the AD exhausted every effort to provide resources to help the kid grow up, mature, make better decisions and grow into a  leadership role.

***Not directed at you personally, but I really wish people would STOP comparing any and everything Auburn does to Alabama.  Every program, every coaching staff runs their program's the way they see fit.  Gus Malzhan does not run his program like Nick Saban and I'm perfectly fine with that.:dunno:

Actually think Gus excels in these situations, he is very patient and compassionate. Of course that can be a hindrance as well being the head coach

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

nuff' said.....ain't on malzahn this time

25 minutes ago, Linayus said:

He was already suspended for two games for smoking weed and then gets arrested for intoxication. If these incidents had been a year apart, no worries, but Gus had to do something.

Goes back even further. Well-known SW liked to party pretty hard. Nothing wrong with having fun in college but he never really had the mentality of first one in...first one out when it came to being the QB and leader of the team. 

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

^THIS!^

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One thing I keep going back to is how hard Gus tried to avoid giving him the starting job in the first place. 

Gus made every effort to help this kid, including some tough love at times, he tried to show him that there were consequences to off the field actions.  When Gus was finally forced to let up and had no recourse but to throw SW on the field, he (Gus) then tried positive reinforcement to help the kid grow up, take that leadership role and push him even further to make good choices both on and off the field.  

Such a honor and opportunity to play college football. Can't believe so many piss it away. Hope he gets his life on the right track at some point. WDE 

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Goes back even further. Well-known SW liked to party pretty hard. Nothing wrong with having fun in college but he never really had the mentality of first one in...first one out when it came to being the QB and leader of the team. 

Man, I was unaware until recently of his party loving ways. That's a shame. The couple of times I've talked to him he seemed to have a really good head on his shoulders.

Just now, Linayus said:

Man, I was unaware until recently of his party loving ways. That's a shame. The couple of times I've talked to him he seemed to have a really good head on his shoulders.

Yeah. It's really sad. It seems to have gotten worse since he lost his starting position. Some people are able to handle disappointment better than others. Seems like he's just really spiraling out of control at the moment.

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Will the NCAA also oversee which students can stay on scholarship who aren't in sports?  Are they going to be subject to the exact same requirements?  If the answer is no then the whole argument can't come to fruition. It's either for all scholarship students or none IMO.  

I'm sure there are University policies that transcends all other rules concerning student conduct and that is why SW was dismissed.  Having said that, if SW does has a drug/alcohol problem, Auburn athletic should offer assistance in his rehabilitation.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I'm sure there are University policies that transcends all other rules concerning student conduct and that is why SW was dismissed.  Having said that, if SW does has a drug/alcohol problem, Auburn athletic should offer assistance in his rehabilitation.

i don't know, but it was implied that they have

17 minutes ago, keesler said:

Gus made every effort to help this kid, including some tough love at times, he tried to show him that there were consequences to off the field actions.  When Gus was finally forced to let up and had no recourse but to throw SW on the field, he (Gus) then tried positive reinforcement to help the kid grow up, take that leadership role and push him even further to make good choices both on and off the field.  

The bolded part is what parents go through during this type of issue with their kids.  Do not take the following as Gus bashing:  It is difficult to separate what the right thing to do is and sometimes doing the "right thing" is actually enabling you kid's addiction.  It could have been construed by SW (and this is what the problems is, not Gus' action) that he had Gus over a barrel as SW knew he was the only viable option to start as QB.  Gus lost all his influence over SW when JS showed up.

Coaching and parenting is a very difficult endeavor, you do what you think is the right thing and hope for the best.  It's up to your kid to admit he/she has a problem before effective rehabilitation can take place.  Good luck SW.

33 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

never really had the mentality of first one in...first one out when it came to being the QB and leader of the team. 

Cant just do the minimum..needed to be more like Brian...

flair-guy-office-space-sues.jpg

Archived