My apologies - I set it on FIRE

corchjay

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

The offensive line is horrendous but even when he had time in the pocket, he was throwing balls up for grabs or missing his target badly.. 2 completions in the second half? GTHO! Stidham can't handle being pressured.  Once he has to scamble in the pocket, he's done for.

That is not what he was saying.  He was saying that Stidham consistently did not have anywhere to go when the called deep ball did not materialize.  Even the commentators remarked on it.  It was either deep ball or do what you can.  Stidham can handle being pressured, and he can handle a quick pass game (Baylor).  What he cannot handle is having nowhere to throw the ball.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That is not what he was saying.  He was saying that Stidham consistently did not have anywhere to go when the called deep ball did not materialize.  Even the commentators remarked on it.  It was either deep ball or do what you can.  Stidham can handle being pressured, and he can handle a quick pass game (Baylor).  What he cannot handle is having nowhere to throw the ball.

Yep. He threw into double coverage on multiple occasions because he felt like putting it up versus dropping to someone else. I didn't see the whole field but I cannot fathom not having a safety route, TE or, a back to dump it to. Our offense is a piece of crap. Its great against overwhelmed less talented teams but a decent team exposes our flaws. This Gus philosophy of big plays is so overemphasized that he feels the need to throw when not and then not throw it at times because Gus hammers into him not to turn the ball over. Imagine trying to be a QB for this guy. 

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep. He threw into double coverage on multiple occasions because he felt like putting it up versus dropping to someone else. I didn't see the whole field but I cannot fathom not having a safety route, TE or, a back to dump it to. Our offense is a piece of crap. Its great against overwhelmed less talented teams but a decent team exposes our flaws. This Gus philosophy of big plays is so overemphasized that he feels the need to throw when not and then not throw it at times because Gus hammers into him not to turn the ball over. Imagine trying to be a QB for this guy. 

There are no dump off on normal pass plays.  There are dump routes when it’s designed to be a dump route

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

There are no dump off on normal pass plays.  There are dump routes when it’s designed to be a dump route

Whatever the case, he needed help and playcalling was crap. It looked like he was looking throw deep twice when he was in his own endzone. We only needed 12 or 13 yards. Sure it worked previously but no help when he needed it. 

He threw it up because we run two man routes. The left one does a fly and the right one does a post. By chance they might switch things up, the right one will run a fly and the left one will run a post. The other receivers will block no matter what.

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He threw it up because we run two man routes. The left one does a fly and the right one does a post. By chance they might switch things up, the right one will run a fly and the left one will run a post. The other receivers will block no matter what.

Thanks. I couldn't see the whole field but I thought I saw fly routes for the most part.  

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

I thought for sure I saw Mikey get off.  Only one left I think was @WarTim

How so?

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So you succeeded in getting out before I set the bus a blaze 

What are you talking about?

Just now, WarTim said:

What are you talking about?

The Gus Bus.  I finally got off it.  You Me 64 Alexava and Mikey were the only ones left riding going into the weekend.  Few others like golf and bird were riding on the roof.  So when I got off the Gus Bus I set it on fire.  Just making sure you and Mikey got off in time.  You’d have to read the first post in this thread to get the joke

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

Ours wouldn't either...just like Gus didn't until he was told by Gene

So we can blame Gene?  He must have influenced Gus on how to shell the offense. 

Seriously though with the way Gus hated the way Gene handcuffed him, causing Gus to jump ship even, I am a little surprised Gus is doing the exact same thing to Chip.  

56 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The Gus Bus.  I finally got off it.  You Me 64 Alexava and Mikey were the only ones left riding going into the weekend.  Few others like golf and bird were riding on the roof.  So when I got off the Gus Bus I set it on fire.  Just making sure you and Mikey got off in time.  You’d have to read the first post in this thread to get the joke

I'm currently in ICU recovering from my burns and smoke inhalation. I did a couple of shots and passed out at the end of the game. You could have done a walk thru before you torched it. I will have scars, but I'm hoping that I regain my sight to see a brighter future for my University. Unless we beat both THUGA and bammer, I can't imagine a reason for not making a change.

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

IMG_0621.JPG

Needed this!!  This whole thread has helped sort the ridiculousness out for me.

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

How did you miss the opportunity to plug the Texas law hawk?  His commercials are hilarious.  

I was going to do a "The Texas Hammer" one, but then I remembered all the billboards driving in Alabama.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

yep, I got off at the intersection of 23rd and 14th...dropped by to see the Verlander pitch a gem against the Yankees....'

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

yep, I got off at the intersection of 23rd and 14th...dropped by to see the Verlander pitch a gem against the Yankees....'

At least I have my Astros to keep me going right now. LOL 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

At least I have my Astros to keep me going right now. LOL 

the trade of the year was that 11.59PM deal for Verlander...paid his way in that game.....a complete game with 13 strikeouts and 124 pitches.....that was true "old school"...

Just now, AU64 said:

the trade of the year was that 11.59PM deal for Verlander...paid his way in that game.....a complete game with 13 strikeouts and 124 pitches.....that was true "old school"...

I know. Some of my buddies were saying all season that we need one more true ace in addition to Kuechel. When the non waiver trade deadline passed we were made they hadn't made a move.

Then they announced they got Verlander we were shocked, that's when I knew management was all in for winning. (Unlike Gus...LOL)

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I know. Some of my buddies were saying all season that we need one more true ace in addition to Kuechel. When the non waiver trade deadline passed we were made they hadn't made a move.

Then they announced they got Verlander we were shocked, that's when I knew management was all in for winning. (Unlike Gus...LOL)

I was up late watching MLB and the various deals were being discussed and about 11:45 it looked like it had fallen through for Verlander,.... I called it a night.  was shocked to find in the morning that the deal was made a minute before midnight....great move by the Astros...

20 hours ago, Gulf Breeze Tiger said:

Why not Chip Kelly

Exactly. Why ? Because he is the only one out there that actually wants to go head to head with Saben. And actually believes he can beat him. I for one believes he can too. For those few that may still be on the bus. Just go back and look. What you saw was not new. This is Gus at his finest. Their were games in 2013 he did the same and they resulted in close games he lucked out like the UGA game. Then he had the championship won against FSU and layed down. It is In his genes it is who he is. He is a coward that hopes to strike early and then take cover and hope his enemy bleeds to death. His whole philosophy has always been about gimmicks , smoke and mirrors. If he comes back you’ll be let down again. He can’t help it. Auburn just has to decide now, are we willing to invest in someone that can put an end to Saben, or do we just look for cover and hide until Nick leaves town. WDE

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

So we can blame Gene?  He must have influenced Gus on how to shell the offense. 

Seriously though with the way Gus hated the way Gene handcuffed him, causing Gus to jump ship even, I am a little surprised Gus is doing the exact same thing to Chip.  

Not sure now that Gus left because Gene wouldn’t let him run the offense maybe he was mad the Gene didn’t like the way he played favorites with the players. I always thought it was the reason but now I’m not sure. 

Archived