***Auburn vs. Arkansas -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

ryan davis is probably the most targeted. I'm fine with him continuing to get the looks he's getting. I'd like NCM to get the ball more. He gets like one catch a game.

I’m not. He only does things on screens, he does nothing else otherwise. We have several other WR’s that could do what he does

Shouldn't matter what play we call the OL should be able to get a one yard push....defender came up the middle...QB sneak would have done nothing either...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

hard to believe we can't make 2 yards in two running plays..  OL missing blocks....

True. Oline not playing well at all.

Yeah.  Bo over the top...NOT.  :no:  Only thing positive here is their field position now.

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

A QB sneak under center would have easily gotten that.  I hate the shotgun on short yardage plays.

wde

Why, oh why can you not employ an I formation short yardage package. Put a dad gum big guard in at fullback to lead? 

Just now, WEGLDJ93 said:

If Kerryon chose to do that, that's dumb on his part. If Gus lined up an extra lineman to one side and then told KJ to jump into the middle, than that is the most inane and idiotic play call I've ever seen.

Another insane and idiotic play call. Add it to the list

For the 100th consecutive game, play calling is our achilles heel. Whod have guessed

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I’m not. He only does things on screens, he does nothing else otherwise. We have several other WR’s that could do what he does

he has like a 75 yard screen touchdown. He can keep doing the screens. Frees our better receivers up to go on aggressive routes, like the deep post and go 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

9 people inside the tackles and one for contain. 2 blockers to the out side, and we run up the gut. Priceless!

I usually agree with you but your wrong.  We should get a yard there, regardless if they have 30 up there.  It is not a block wall. 

Playcall was fine. Execution was poor. Get off the coaches on that call. A run is a good call there. I'm not saying I'm defending the play calling at times. But that situation that call is just fine. That was on the o line not the coaches

Just now, hutchids said:

he has like a 75 yard screen touchdown. He can keep doing the screens. Frees our better receivers up to go on aggressive routes, like the deep post and go 

Guys like McClain, Hastings, etc could do the exact same thing. He’s nothing special but he’s a Gus favorite. I personally rather have McClain on the field than Davis. Guy has extreme athleticism and great speed. Plus size to boot 

OK....good stop...should have good field position....maybe better success on the next drive starting inside their 50...

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Who called that run up the middle?

Everyone :-\

Just now, lala said:

I usually agree with you but your wrong.  We should get a yard there, regardless if they have 30 up there.  It is not a block wall. 

Yea, we should be able to get a yard, on the other hand, we shouldn't try to to run into a wall period.

Archived