Null



around4ever

Wiley and Purifoy

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Everyone keep asking about other schools. I don’t know all the facts of what the FBI has at this point. It has hit other coaches but I haven’t seen where any other players family got money. So we may have problems with players that other teams don’t. I think this FBI thing was against The shoe companies mainly and the sports agents and coaches they were using. The players and their families were never the FBI targets. In fact from most of what I’ve read the consider the players the victims in this affair. That is why I think at the end of the day AU and our two players will be ok.

But WHEN. What about this investigation should take so long? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Auburn is always Auburn's worst enemy.    Too many big egos that are less interested in doing what is right and more interested in being right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

But WHEN. What about this investigation should take so long? 

I don’t think it’s this investigation. The investigation is just a decoy so the NCAA thinks we are working to ensure it doesn’t happen again. They are waiting to see if the FBI has any more shoes to drop. If we choose to let them play and a tape shows up incriminating the players then we are going to get hit hard. I know it’s not right but at the moment they are playing the hand as best they can. Everyone just has to have patience.

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Auburn is always Auburn's worst enemy.    Too many big egos that are less interested in doing what is right and more interested in being right.

Ehh, I feel sure the Administration is more than a little gun-shy/cautious right now. There are 3-4 AU sports programs with "issues", allegations, claims and all sorts of crap they are dealing with.  The basketball/FBI case is the biggest at the moment, but they are still dealing with the Title XI softball stuff, the racial discrimination in Track, and has Sunny's case been settled yet?

Lightfoot/Franklin will damn sure have a Merry Christmas on Auburn's dollar.>:(

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, keesler said:

Ehh, I feel sure the Administration is more than a little gun-shy/cautious right now. There are 3-4 AU sports programs with "issues", allegations, claims and all sorts of crap they are dealing with.  The basketball/FBI case is the biggest at the moment, but they are still dealing with the Title XI softball stuff, the racial discrimination in Track, and has Sunny's case been settled yet?

Lightfoot/Franklin will damn sure have a Merry Christmas on Auburn's dollar.>:(

Racial discrimination in track? What in the world is that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Racial discrimination in track? What in the world is that? 

It’s a money grab.  The very little that has been out there makes the case sound very weak at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

It’s a money grab.  The very little that has been out there makes the case sound very weak at best.

I'm no Alabama grad, but I think I know my colors very well... Auburn's track team is... we'll say well represented nationality wise

Edited by tigerbrotha12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm no Alabama grad, but I think I know my colors very well... Auburn's track team is... we'll say well represented nationality wise

Yeah, I don’t think it’s about the teams nationality makeup though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm no Alabama grad, but I think I know my colors very well... Auburn's track team is... we'll say well represented nationality wise

An ex coach feels he was not promoted due to his race. Not much substance but doesn’t go well with all the other junk going on right now. Just gives the media something else to whine about.

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

An ex coach feels he was not promoted due to his race. Not much substance but doesn’t go well with all the other junk going on right now. Just gives the media something else to whine about.

White coach .....whole thing sounds fishy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

An ex coach feels he was not promoted due to his race. Not much substance but doesn’t go well with all the other junk going on right now. Just gives the media something else to whine about.

the board filed for a dismissal last friday i believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 10:27 AM, auburnphan said:

Auburn is always Auburn's worst enemy.    Too many big egos that are less interested in doing what is right and more interested in being right.

We have a "sub" policy at work if you can call it that. It says that sometimes you have to just do what's right for others even if it's not the norm. I think it's true when dealing with a one on one situation. When what you do for one might have an affect on others you have to be careful. 

Edited by gr82be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 4:23 PM, keesler said:

Ehh, I feel sure the Administration is more than a little gun-shy/cautious right now. There are 3-4 AU sports programs with "issues", allegations, claims and all sorts of crap they are dealing with.  The basketball/FBI case is the biggest at the moment, but they are still dealing with the Title XI softball stuff, the racial discrimination in Track, and has Sunny's case been settled yet?

Lightfoot/Franklin will damn sure have a Merry Christmas on Auburn's dollar.>:(

Second FBI case in 10 years? 

What year did we have the point shaver?

Unbelievable

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 6:00 PM, AUGoo said:

Second FBI case in 10 years? 

What year did we have the point shaver?

Unbelievable

Varez Ward in 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Varez Ward point shaving...what a joke.  Don't you have to be able to ACTUALLY SCORE to shave points? Did somebody pay him to make us lose WORSE than the spread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Varez Ward point shaving...what a joke.  Don't you have to be able to ACTUALLY SCORE to shave points? Did somebody pay him to make us lose WORSE than the spread?

Well only partly a joke and no joke to those investigating it....but as I recall he was managing the game to make sure we lost by more than the spread and did that with turnovers and poor shooting which was so blatant that other players and the coach apparently noticed and reported him.    Because the school reported the issue, AU did not face any penalties. 

 http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9342210/ex-auburn-tigers-guard-varez-ward-indicted-point-shaving

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could censor Varez Ward's name on this site like we do the curse words I wouldn't be mad at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If we could censor Varez Ward's name on this site like we do the curse words I wouldn't be mad at all

There...now it's done.

But at least there was no jersey to take down....but a sad incident.....and stupid too considering how little he apparently benefit versus what it cost him.....kinda like CP perhaps but on a much smaller scale..  .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would anyone trust the FBI to investigate anything? 

 
 

  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick of this waiting game bullcrap. Either cut them or play them. With the exception of MTSU and maybe Temple, AU's pre-conference schedule is hurting our RPI. We're gonna get in to the tournament based on our conference record and whether or not we have any respectable road wins. We need Wiley bad for conference play. Compliance needs to get its s#%+ together and draw some conclusions SOON.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to preface this by recognizing that it's very early in the season and it hasn't come against the strongest schedule. But after finishing 13th last year, Auburn leads the SEC with a plus-10.9 rebounding margin through nine games this year.

Without Austin Wiley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now