All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

On 2/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, NorthGATiger said:

It may be the best class ever as far as recently when these rankings have been done but I am nowhere near ready to call it the best class ever.  Look at the players Dye left Tot.  Dye had some really good to great classes in the 80's.  

That he did.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am reading the threads where we have input from some of our people with real contacts inside Auburn or with the press who are we still pursuing and who do you think we have the best chance with and what percent chance do  think we have of getting them?  I put down what I think I have been able to gleam from posts but I have no inside information so want to hear from some Insiders.

Caleb Johnson SDE/DT From thread I think we lead

JaMarr Chase WR AU and LSU

Justyn Ross WR Probably bama or Clemson

Malik Langham SDE/DT last post says bama

Caleb Tannor DE/Buck  From his thread I think UF in lead

Richard Gouraige OT - Still in the fight

Willie Allen OT/OG Junior College - Last post we look good but has not had a recent post

Calvin Anderson OT Grad Transfer Still in the fight

Any that I am missing?

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If I am reading the threads where we have input from some of our people with real contacts inside Auburn or with the press who are we still pursuing and who do you think we have the best chance with and what percent chance do  think we have of getting them?  I put down what I think I have been able to gleam from posts but I have no inside information so want to hear from some Insiders.

Willie Allen OT/OG Junior College - Last post we look good but has not had a recent post

Any that I am missing?

Pretty much. We are trending down for pretty much everyone on that list except for maybe Caleb Johnson. We easily could miss on all of them. Not shaping up to be a good finish. 

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Pretty much. We are trending down for pretty much everyone on that list except for maybe Caleb Johnson. We easily could miss on all of them. Not shaping up to be a good finish. 

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

26 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Kind of similar to how we finished the season.

36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yeah maybe, we’re closest. UGA would be choice but they don’t have room. I think UF is the real player though.

Auburn is a factor but I think LSU is confident. He had a really good visit this weekend however. 

:dunno: We will see..

If Bama plays games, he’s our’s on Wednesday. 

Don’t think he’s actually a target anymore. I think Nebraska is gonna pull this off. 

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We’ll need Mom on board with the distance. She’s not...

Willie Allen OT/OG Junior College - Last post we look good but has not had a recent posT

Not a target.

Major work to do.

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any that I am missing?

Quay Walker probably Tennessee or AU... or UGA... or Florida... maybe Bama? 

EDIT: Wee bit of an overreaction on my part. We’re in the top 10 on 247 for the sixth straight year, and on Rivals our class is currently ahead of UAT (not expecting that to last). I didn’t know we had 23 commits.

Why are people confident we get Caleb Johnson? All his CBs are to Florida.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

EDIT: Wee bit of an overreaction on my part. We’re in the top 10 on 247 for the sixth straight year, and on Rivals our class is currently ahead of UAT (not expecting that to last). I didn’t know we had 23 commits.

Why are people confident we get Caleb Johnson? All his CBs are to Florida.

If we push we have a real shot. AU is only 40 minutes from his home.

@ellitor

so we are looking possibly at 

Caleb Johnson

Cam Taylor

Nate Watson

as a final 3.  Taking the punter and Fuqua?   

Not that they are bad or anything all very quality players.  You hearing anything concrete on any of them

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If we push we have a real shot. AU is only 40 minutes from his home.

30 if you drive fast B)

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

so we are looking possibly at 

Caleb Johnson

Cam Taylor

Nate Watson

as a final 3.  Taking the punter and Fuqua?   

Not that they are bad or anything all very quality players.  You hearing anything concrete on any of them

Haven't heard a thing on Watson. I don't see where he would fit in the class. Steele & company have not looked at him as a D target in a long time. On O he's a HB which we already have in Harold Joiner.

The punter has always been a straight up take on scholly immediately. It would be very ill advised to have a guy you expect to be the starting Punter in 2018 come over from down under & take him as a walk on. With his potential & the pedigree of his kicking academy, as @Mikey has said a couple of times, you'd just be asking another school to swipe him if you made him a walk on, especially from that far away.

No word on Fuqua signing or not & I'd be willing to bet the staff will keep that info to themselves as long as possible.

Nothing concrete on Johnson & Taylor. Just chatter picking up.

Even if we don't get Anderson it looks like, barring a huge surprise in AU getting a big fish,  AU will hold 1 spot for a potential transfer down the line, whether it be Grad Transfer or Undergrad.

Quote: " AU will hold 1 spot for a potential transfer down the line, whether it be Grad Transfer or Undergrad. "

Which is a kind way of saying we aren't going to fill the class with several of the targets we've worked so long and hard to get. I'm still holding out hope that we catch a signing day break. Big Cat Bryant is the only pleasant signing day surprise we've had in recent years.

Chase, Johnson, and Taylor will sign with us!  A gut feeling from eating too much popcorn and watching reruns of "The Real McCoys" 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Chase, Johnson, and Taylor will sign with us!  A gut feeling from eating too much popcorn and watching reruns of "The Real McCoys" 

Chase is all corndog.

With WDEWDE feeling like we get Chase.... move Hill to S and this is a pretty good class.... *except* OL and the almost complete whiff there really is worrisome. I hope they cut Hand's b----s off before he went to UT; now we have an inadequate number of OL that also seem to have been poorly coached?

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Chase is all corndog.

that is too bad. LSU has the ugliest uniforms in the SEC next to the turds.  I hope their is a surprise or 2 (good surprises!) Not hold my breath though. Just as long as we hold onto all of the rest who are hard commits.

Please we will have 12 scholarship Ol on the team. That is over two deep. Sign a combo guard center, a guard and two OT's and we will be fine. We have six Jr's i believe, Tega, Harrel, Horton, Carr, Sharp, Kim, so for 2018 and 2019 we are fine. We have Sammons who will be a soph and B. Hamm and Nick Brahms who will be RFr. Then the two signees Irvin and Stutts will be Fr. Thus the numbers are ok right now but it is certainly fair to view next year as very important. Four or even five high quality guys will be necessary or we will in fact be falling behind.

1 minute ago, auol72 said:

so for 2018 and 2019 we are fine.

Assuming there is no attrition which is always possible.

23 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Please we will have 12 scholarship Ol on the team. That is over two deep. Sign a combo guard center, a guard and two OT's and we will be fine. We have six Jr's i believe, Tega, Harrel, Horton, Carr, Sharp, Kim, so for 2018 and 2019 we are fine. We have Sammons who will be a soph and B. Hamm and Nick Brahms who will be RFr. Then the two signees Irvin and Stutts will be Fr. Thus the numbers are ok right now but it is certainly fair to view next year as very important. Four or even five high quality guys will be necessary or we will in fact be falling behind.

The apparent complete miss at OT is what I was referring to fwiw...

Archived