Former 4* DB & LSU Transfer Kelvin Joseph

WFE12

On 1/7/2018 at 2:16 AM, DAG said:

I agree. It would be different if he had not committed about a month before NSD. However, this just seems like a free trip for this dude. 

Maybe but it's no sweat off AU's back financially. Each school gets 55 OVs each year & most rarely go over 40. The money for OVs isn't used for anything else. Might as well bring him in & see if Porter can tap into his Louisiana magic & sell early PT hard.

Just now, ellitor said:

Maybe but it's no sweat off AU's back financially. Each school gets 55 OVs each year & most rarely go over 40. The money for OVs isn't used for anything else. Might as well bring him in & see if Porter can tap into his Louisiana magic & sell early PT hard.

Nice. Thanks for the education 

• 2 weeks later...

Alabama, Auburn no longer hosting Kelvin Joseph

The change to Joseph’s official visits come as a result of a concerted push from the LSU coaching staff and their visit to Scotlandville (La.) High School a week ago. The coaches were well-aware of Joseph’s plans, but persuaded him in another direction.

“It’s over with,” Joseph’s mother, Latoria Stewart, said of his recruitment. “It’s the second time around, so I think that’s it. I think we made our final decision.”

• 1 year later...

Keith is trying to find out more. He would need a waiver if he enrolls this semester & wants to play in 2019.

• ellitor changed the title to Former 4* DB & LSU Transfer Kelvin Joseph
12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith is trying to find out more. He would need a waiver if he enrolls this semester & wants to play in 2019.

Nice to see an HBCU made the final list

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Being able to play this year would be absolutely wild. Especially considering he's still got 6 candidates. Though, it's probably fair to say Grambling and Maryland should be crossed out if he really wants to stay in the big leagues on top tier teams. Starkville is trash. Kentucky was okay last year but I don't think that would be a great decision either for him considering their current trajectory is likely downward.

Should be us vs. Florida for him but I wonder why he's leaving in the first place. We've got some great corners so if he left for playing time it might not be a stellar decision.

Played in 11 games with no starts … Recorded 12 tackles and one pass breakup … Also saw action on special teams on LSU’s coverage units … Had career-best four tackles in win over Ole Miss … Broke up a pass on third-and-five situation at midfield just before halftime that forced Georgia to punt in LSU’s win over the No.2-ranked Bulldogs … Had three tackles vs. Southeastern and then against both Auburn and Louisiana Tech.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211696236

Honestly, this looks like a wasted freshman year to me. He would have been better off red shirting than making roughly one tackle per game and a single pass deflection.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We've got some great corners so if he left for playing time it might not be a stellar decision.

@Zeek He played Safety at LSU, not CB. The depth ain't great at either position after this season. And the only reason I mentioned a scenario about this year is because I know that would have been the 1st question someone would have asked. I don't think it's a real possibility. As for why he left, he's been disciplined before, having to sit out there bowl game, so he may just not be a good fit down there.

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Honestly, this looks like a wasted freshman year to me. He would have been better off red shirting than making roughly one tackle per game and a single pass deflection.

It’s not like he makes the decision to redshirt himself or not 

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek He played Safety at LSU, not CB. The depth ain't great at either position after this season. And the only reason I mentioned a scenario about this year is because I know that would have been the 1st question someone would have asked. I don't think it's a real possibility. As for why he left, he's been disciplined before, having to sit out there bowl game, so he may just not be a good fit down there.

Got you! Thanks E. Yeah, Smoke and Sherwood should do well for us but the added depth would be great. 

Just now, Sizzle said:

It’s not like he makes the decision to redshirt himself or not 

Didn't say he did. Just saying on the staff's end not a great decision.

A good look would have to be taken at just what went wrong at LSU. We don't want to go out and buy trouble. Yes, we've had good luck with guys that stubbed their toes elsewhere, but I think we did our due diligence on them. We should do it in this case too.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Somebody’s gotta play special teams 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Some kids are ok with redshirting, some aren't. We'd have to know the details before putting much stock into whether a mistake was made or not.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Grambling? That is super random. 

He could have acquired a GF in the area and is considering staying close to Red Stick for that or some other reason. ???

Archived