2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

1 hour ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

I simply feel like, if I keep waiting for it, I will find the end of the Rainbow, and the Leprechaun's treasure, and it will change my life forever.

Mate, the guys are not there, because this head coach and his OL coach simply cannot evaluate talent.  Proven beyond the shadow of a doubt.  Six years.

My understanding is that Dillingham will be handling the OL recruiting now. Can someone confirm this? Will JB simply coach, or just  help Dillingham w OL evaluation and recruiting?

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pruitt has Gus number. He absolutely owns him honestly. I think 2017 Iron Bowl is the only victory he owns vs Pruitt since Pruitt became a DC in 2013 with FSU. 

It was more incredulousness at the situation than an actual lack of understanding; the way he diced apart those tunnel screens and overloaded the edges were really a work of art. The craziest thing is even with that perfect gameplan, we probably still win (narrowly) as long as Jarrett does his usual thing and get the ball out way before the pressure would get there. He just couldnt compute the pressure that day 

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Did not answer the question as usual.

Misdirection is Mikey's favorite tool when someone has pinned his argument in a corner. He has it down to a science

b4b1f1bc-75ff-4b53-9465-dd25471b5256_tex

147254c1-bb3c-44f7-9684-0e8211644912_tex

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

My understanding is that Dillingham will be handling the OL recruiting now. Can someone confirm this? Will JB simply coach, or just  help Dillingham w OL evaluation and recruiting?

He'll start on some. especially the areas he knows out west but it's still going to be up to the OL coach to close OL.

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

How close is Simmons to taking over? Or is he even being groomed to take over? Or is that just a pipe dream?

Haven't seen any word of  him pushing for a position FWIW.

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

How close is Simmons to taking over? Or is he even being groomed to take over? Or is that just a pipe dream?

This is one of the major flaws of Gus .  Sammons is a De. Not a offensive lineman on any level . Our oline recruiting is horrible. AU used to be a factory for the nfl as far as linemen go. The strategy is garbage . Hey we may get one guy a year for 6 years and then boom all the sudden we have band members playing line because we have none . AU can’t draw big time oline anymore . It’s unbelievable 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen any word of  him pushing for a position FWIW.

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is one of the major flaws of Gus .  Sammons is a De. Not a offensive lineman on any level . Our oline recruiting is horrible. AU used to be a factory for the nfl as far as linemen go. The strategy is garbage . Hey we may get one guy a year for 6 years and then boom all the sudden we have band members playing line because we have none . AU can’t draw big time oline anymore . It’s unbelievable 

Kendall Simmons. For the Oline coach spot.  Not Sammons

15 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Kendall Simmons. For the Oline coach spot.  Not Sammons

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Got confused . My apologies 

My fault. I shoulda clarified it in my first post. 

17 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

My fault. I shoulda clarified it in my first post. 

It was clear. Easy to tell you were talking about Sammons despite the misspelling..

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It was clear. Easy to tell you were talking about Sammons despite the misspelling..

Er. No. The post directly above mine was referring to Dillingham as oline recruiting. My query was about Kendall Simmons being groomed for the oline coaching position..

25 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Er. No. The post directly above mine was referring to Dillingham as oline recruiting. My query was about Kendall Simmons being groomed for the oline coaching position..

My bad. Doubt it as far as at AU.

The strategy of flipping DL high schoolers to OL is a proven winner. Ben Grubbs. Tim Duckworth. Prince Tega Wanogho. Those are just a few. Dye used to do it often. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 10:17 PM, mcgufcm said:

The strategy of flipping DL high schoolers to OL is a proven winner. Ben Grubbs. Tim Duckworth. Prince Tega Wanogho. Those are just a few. Dye used to do it often. 

Yep!  The other post that complained about it was Ill advised in my opinion

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

any grad transfer OL we are looking to bring in potentially?

Unlikely any GT OL are going to come here with all out starters back. GTs want to know they are going to start. The bigger need are undergrad OL for the 2020 season. For them it looks like we'll have to wait til after the next transfer wave hits after Spring Ball to see if the staff sees any they are interested in.

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

I feel like Spider-Man or Batman dealing with these Gus fantastic five....it's like a videogame and I have to deal with the flunkies then I fight a boss.....like most games once I made it to Mikey and beat up on him the game was a let down

You're such a hoot. You should have stuck to the one-trick pony stuff you were trying to pull the first year or so you were here. As weak as that was, you looked better trying that junk than what you're failing at now.

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely any GT OL are going to come here with all out starters back. GTs want to know they are going to start. The bigger need are undergrad OL for the 2020 season. For them it looks like we'll have to wait til after the next transfer wave hits after Spring Ball to see if the staff sees any they are interested in.

Yeah, recruiting is a year round sport for us fans! Especially with the Early and late signing days with the transfers picking up after spring.

Edited by toddc

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You're such a hoot. You should have stuck to the one-trick pony stuff you were trying to pull the first year or so you were here. As weak as that was, you looked better trying that junk than what you're failing at now.

What old man gibberish are you trying to say now? Nobody knows what you are talking about, better yet nobody cares. Don't be mad at me because 64 took your spot

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Most HS players have played football their whole lives and if they were big probably played both D-Line and O-Line. Nothing wrong with converting them. The two Prince's were unique in they were both just learning the game of American football so it was a much bigger learning curve the fact that it worked for one of the two shows it was a good strategy.   

That said when scouting O-Line you should be looking at those players up front to convert not after a year or two on campus.  

38 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Most HS players have played football their whole lives and if they were big probably played both D-Line and O-Line. Nothing wrong with converting them. The two Prince's were unique in they were both just learning the game of American football so it was a much bigger learning curve the fact that it worked for one of the two shows it was a good strategy.   

That said when scouting O-Line you should be looking at those players up front to convert not after a year or two on campus.  

DLs have also been learning the OL position their entire careers just by competing with them on every play. After OLs, nobody knows more about blocking than DLs. 

Most DBs are also former WRs and quarterbacks. A lot of RB/LBs out there. 

Makes sense.