2019 4* TE Tyler Fromm Commits to AU!!!

WFE12

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

War eagle! Does this hurt us with Luke Deal, the other TE target? Are we planning on taking 2? If we got both, that would be insane. Either way, I like the pickup!! 

I think the plan is to take 2

• Like 1

Great pickup. Much better athlete than his 5* brother.  When I first saw the name I thought Uh-oh.  If UGA offers late he'll flip.  But I don't think so.  Tyler and family are all in. Welcome to AU family.  WDE!!!!

7 minutes ago, autan said:

Great pickup. Much better athlete than his 5* brother.  When I first saw the name I thought Uh-oh.  If UGA offers late he'll flip.  But I don't think so.  Tyler and family are all in. Welcome to AU family.  WDE!!!!

I don’t know that he has entertained uga - I read somewhere that he wanted to not go to school and follow under his brother. 

Boom! Auburn Snags Commitment From 3-Star Tight End Tyler Fromm!

Auburn’s raid of the Peach State continues

• By 
  • on 

DcdrglNUwAA8d6e.0.jpg

One of Auburn’s priorities this recruiting class is to fill the gaping hole that is Auburn’s tight end position. The Tigers want two in this class and had narrowed in on four guys. This afternoon after his 4th trip to the Plains, one of those targets, 3* Tyler Fromm, announced on Twitter he wants to be a Tiger.

That last name should look familiar. Fromm is in fact the younger brother of current Georgia starting quarterback Jake Fromm. Guessing the Fromm parents will be purchasing some “House Divided” license plates in the near future.

Fromm chose Auburn over Florida, LSU, Ole Miss and plenty of others. He emerged on the scene this spring after a strong junior campaign. He plans to enroll early and will return June 2nd for Big Cat Weekend to help the Tigers recruit some more studs to this ever growing 2019 recruiting class.

Scouting Report

Fromm is a hybrid TE/WR threat on the outside. He lined up mostly at WR for his high school team last year but he will more than likely play the TE spot for the Tigers. I love Fromm’s catch radius. Many of his highlights is just his QB throwing the ball up for Fromm to go get. He’s got solid route running ability and is a decent blocker as well. He will probably need to bulk up a little more at the next level but he’s got a skillset at a position of need that should allow him to see the field early. Great weapon to add to Auburn’s offensive attack in the near future.

The Class

It’s crazy to think Auburn entered the month of April with only 2 commits. They now have 7 and there’s a chance they could add as many as 3 more this month. I don’t think Fromm will be the only tight end the Tigers sign as Auburn’s other top target, 3* Luke Deal, plans to announce at end of month and Auburn has some real momentum in that recruitment after his recent official visit. That tandem would more than likely bring back the tight end as a weapon in the Auburn offense, something I think Tiger fans would love to see.

Auburn now has the #16 class in the country and a ton of momentum. Fromm wasn’t the only GA native on campus this weekend as 5* CB Andrew Booth4* WR Ramel Keytonand 3* S Aaron Beasley all have or are visiting the Plains this weekend. All three are giving Auburn a hard look as well. I have a sneaky feeling there are some more booms coming in the very near future for Auburn’s recruiting class.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Thanks, guys.  Hope he's a good one.  I miss the TE in an AU offense.  Also, hope he stays at TE, as I feel over the years Gus has recruited several "hybrid" position guys and just tries to put their athleticism in a spot of need on the depth chart instead of putting them at their natural positions.  Regardless, it's always good to add a highly touted guy to the commitment list.  Welcome, TFromm and WDE

He seems to be hybrid just like Sal was. I will try not to dwell on that. He just needs to add more weight.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

He seems to be hybrid just like Sal was. I will try not to dwell on that. He just needs to add more weight.

Sal was open at times but couldn't catch a cold last year. I still hope the light comes on for him. Maybe the freshmen will push him to another level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Help me here. Does he plan to graduate in December 2018 or 2019?

2018 ... good catch

ok, so what do yall think the chances are that Jake Fromm transfers out of UGA and comes to Auburn with his bro in 2019?? also if he did transfer out would u want him? I was just dreaming in my head for a sec.

Edited by weathergeakal
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

ok, so what do yall think the chances are that Jake Fromm transfers out of UGA and comes to Auburn with his bro in 2019?? also if he did transfer out would u want him? I was just dreaming in my head for a sec.

He’d have to go to juco or take a year off first. Georgia wouldn’t release him to Auburn. 

• Like 1

Getting a commitment from Tyler Fromm is really big, I still hope get a 2nd TE commit for this upcoming class.

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

IMG_1164.GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like a Lutz clone to me.  Physical receiver with great hands and athleticism. About the same size. Then PL packed on about 30 pounds of muscle pretty quickly at Auburn. I think we have a winner.

3 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_1164.GIF

I approve the use of this gif to the reply of the of the above questions, to forth which I have used sed gif in another none mentioned topic in such a similar response to similar questions in which such similar responses deemed such a similar response was needed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Boom!  Maybe they’ll show mom in the stands.  

Sorry last comment was uncalled for from a married man

Was his mom in the pic?  I just focused on the player.    ?  haha

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Getting a commitment from Tyler Fromm is really big, I still hope get a 2nd TE commit for this upcoming class.

All signs point to Luke Deal possibly being in the fold too. This is a nice get though! War Eagle and boom!

9 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I'm just above ignorant on the football recruiting front so don't take this question as snarky, but...Is there anything from the past few seasons that should get us excited about landing star tight end recruits anymore?  I remember everyone was excited about Sal and the offense didn't tailor at him to all last year imo.

If he stays he'll be the 1st receiving TE we have landed since CJU. The only others during the time frame from then to now were Jakell Mitchell (RIP), Ricky Parks (Grades), & Landon Rice (kicked out of school for disciplinary issues). Canella is a WR not TE. Gotta have a TE you can use in the passing game before you can throw to one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I assume we would have used the position more if Landon had been able to stick around? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Help me here. Does he plan to graduate in December 2018 or 2019?

2018 but apart of the 2019 class #s wise.

8 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

War eagle! Does this hurt us with Luke Deal, the other TE target?

Doesn't appear so but we will know in 3 short weeks.

8 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Are we planning on taking 2?

As in 2 TEs? Yes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

If he stays he'll be the 1st receiving TE we have landed since CJU. The only others during the time frame from then to now were Jakell Mitchell (RIP), Ricky Parks (Grades), & Landon Rice (kicked out of school for disciplinary issues). Canella is a WR not TE. Gotta have a TE you can use in the passing game before you can throw to one.

From the highlights it seemed they used him more as a wr also. I guess I'm so used to the TE having his hand in the ground and running a route or blocking and releasing. He lined up on the outside a lot.

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

From the highlights it seemed they used him more as a wr also. I guess I'm so used to the TE having his hand in the ground and running a route or blocking and releasing. He lined up on the outside a lot.

Joker TE

• Thanks 1