2019 3* SDE/DT Jamond Gordon decommits from AU

WFE12

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

Auburn was prepared and not surprised.

Well that’s good I suppose just hope this  isn’t the first of many to leave the fold,when Bo and OP came onboard I thought this is going to be a class for the ages one that will compete for the Natty  in a couple of years. Now I don’t think we get any surprises ,no other offensive linemen it’s very depressing.

46 minutes ago, alexava said:

Why does one mention god when making such an announcement 

I'm guessing he is a young man who credits his Creator for the blessings in his life. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm guessing he is a young man who credits his Creator for the blessings in his life. 

Or to deflect from the event that he is walking back on his word?

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Or to deflect from the event that he is walking back on his word?

Hope not but that's always a possibility.

22 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Hope not but that's always a possibility.

I don’t have a problem either way. Justseems overly redundant to dress up such a non religious news statement with declarations of faith and prayer. 

I just pray to god we get him back. 🙏

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t have a problem either way. Justseems overly redundant to dress up such a non religious news statement with declarations of faith and prayer. 

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

Unless the staff is good letting him go of course.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m just being a smart ass again. I do like his film though. Other than a few targets I haven’t been really into recruiting this cycle. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Been some rumblings that they are/were

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m just being a smart ass again. I do like his film though. Other than a few targets I haven’t been really into recruiting this cycle. 

Better a smart ass than a dumb one for sure...  :).  

I liked his film too,. But kind of like the idea of upgrading this commit.   Certainly helps are already lofty player rating average I believe.  

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Why does one mention god when making such an announcement 

Probably the same reason they thank god when they commit.  It is also "dressing up a non religious news statement with declarations of faith and prayer" and I've never seen a single person question or complain when someone does that when they commit, why is it such a shock they do it when decommitting?

• ellitor unfeatured this topic
15 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Probably the same reason they thank god when they commit.  It is also "dressing up a non religious news statement with declarations of faith and prayer" and I've never seen a single person question or complain when someone does that when they commit, why is it such a shock they do it when decommitting?

I don’t think I’m shock. I think decomitment is a less celebratory ordeal. It doesn’t matter who you are decommiting from or why.   I Mean you get married by a preacher in a ceremony surrounded by prayer and friends, family. Divorce..... not so much you’re in therapy, court, sometimes jail. You only make an announcement to the single ladies you potentially  have interest in. You let it out But not necessarily broadcast material. 

3 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Well that’s good I suppose just hope this  isn’t the first of many to leave the fold,when Bo and OP came onboard I thought this is going to be a class for the ages one that will compete for the Natty  in a couple of years. Now I don’t think we get any surprises ,no other offensive linemen it’s very depressing.

Well this is what happens when your coach goes 7-5 and being a 10 preseason team and he was THIS close to getting fired. Not to mention being UT's first sec win in 2 years. Losing to them at home of all places. And honestly getting manhandled by them all game. If he had won that LSU team this class could of been a lot different probaly. But maybe not. We also do not have the recruiters on the offensive side of the ball that we do on defense. Outside of Porter a lot of meh. Garner, Woodson, Twill and Porter are doing the heavy lifting for this class. Usually when you get a guy like BO on board early it is a sign it is going to be a special class. It looked that way then it fizzled out. We never led for any of our top OT targets because of said reasons above.

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t think I’m shock. I think decomitment is a less celebratory ordeal. It doesn’t matter who you are decommiting from or why.   I Mean you get married by a preacher in a ceremony surrounded by prayer and friends, family. Divorce..... not so much you’re in therapy, court, sometimes jail. You only make an announcement to the single ladies you potentially  have interest in. You let it out But not necessarily broadcast material. 

lol this really means a lot to you doesn't it?

new girl.gif

It's not too surprising. He de-committed from Ole Miss earlier. There was talk of him playing some OL in the AL/MISS All-Star game. It would of been a nice backup plan at AU. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. I wonder if it will pay off.

Archived