Baseball vs. Army (Raleigh Region, Winner’s Bracket)

Game time is set for 6 PM central But it’s raining right now. I will update the OP with the Auburn starting lineup when the baseball team tweets it out.  The game will be shown on the watch ESPN app via ESPN3 just is the game yesterday was.

DeuMEj_VMAADO1T.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Game time is set for 6 PM central But it’s raining right now. I will update the OP with the Auburn starting lineup when the baseball team tweets it out.  The game will be shown on the watch ESPN app via ESPN3 just is the game yesterday was. 

I just saw that it has been raining a lot in the area.  Hopefully they can get the game in.  Thanks for the update. 

I wish we were holding Mize back for NC State tomorrow but I know Butch's thinking in not wanting to throw Mie only on 5 days rest vs. UF next week if we get there.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wish we were holding Mize back for NC State tomorrow but I know Butch's thinking in not wanting to throw Mie only on 5 days rest vs. UF next week if we get there.

Nope, we disagree. This game is the Big One. Besides which, Mize has already had too many days in between assignments. The more he sits around, the more rusty he'll get. If Mize gives us our best chance to win today, he's the guy that should be on the hill for AU.

Not even worried about tonight.  Mize could very well throw a no-hitter (will at the least solidify that number 1 draft status).  Auburn rolls 12-0.

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Not even worried about tonight.  Mize could very well throw a no-hitter (will at the least solidify that number 1 draft status).  Auburn rolls 12-0.

I like the way you think!  I hope so cuz ive got the whole family watching the game tonight hoping that very thing happens ... 

of course, if I had predicted that we’d lose by 8 ... you’ve done well with your predictions so I’ll take you up on this one.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

I like the way you think!  I hope so cuz ive got the whole family watching the game tonight hoping that very thing happens ... 

of course, if I had predicted that we’d lose by 8 ... you’ve done well with your predictions so I’ll take you up on this one.

My prediction is also based on I have somewhere to be at 8:30 so I need the game to be out of hand within the first hour lol.

Quoting Coach Thompson's pre-game radio interview: "Tonight's the big game. Win tonight and we need win only one more. Lose tonight and we have to win three more."

Holland swings and misses for strike 3. Man I’m getting tired of seeing that from him. Don’t know if it’s me but for some reason, I’ve seen him swing and miss a lot more than a lot of guys this year. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Holland swings and misses for strike 3. Man I’m getting tired of seeing that from him. Don’t know if it’s me but for some reason, I’ve seen him swing and miss a lot more than a lot of guys this year. 

You've also seen him hit over .300 as a leadoff guy (over .100 point improvement over last year) and consistently put 7-8 pitches into an opposing arm like a leadoff is supposed to do...

Not expecting this game to be going much longer.  It's really coming down and has to be hard on everybody involved.   I will be very surprised if this game gets finished tonight.

Venter with a leadoff single.  Army will now face off against Canada for the first time in centuries

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Is that out of the park if it’s not raining?

I was told there would be no math (er...physics)

Archived