Remember This Pic?

Proud Tiger

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

How about he and our current congress stop passing legislation that hurts kids and grandkids for the long haul?  Increasing our debt load, tax rate hikes (yeah, those cuts expire), removing positive environmentam policies, etc.  Those aren't positives for those of us who will be around long after you guys are gone.

HE don't pass legislation, congress does. Write your guys. I doubt the tax cuts will expire. In fact they are talking more. I think most of the environmental regulations abolished have been good. way to many on the books and a ridiculous impact on business. I agree on the debt limit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

HE don't pass legislation, congress does. Write your guys.

He signs the bill for it become law as the Republicans don't have a veto proof majority.  And you'll note I wrote "he and congress".  Also, HE has removed certain environmental regulations without the need of Congress.

Try again grasshopper. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

He signs the bill for it become law as the Republicans don't have a veto proof majority.  And you'll note I wrote "he and congress".  Also, HE has removed certain environmental regulations without the need of Congress.

Try again grasshopper. 

You replied to soon. Read my completed post.

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You replied to soon. Read my completed post.

I've read and yet you still showed me that you didn't read my original post closely.  Either way, yes the cuts expire.  They were only made for 10 years and at the end, individual rates go up to higher than pre-cut rates.  The cuts that are permanent are the corporate tax cuts.

And yeah, who wants clean water and fresh air?  Screw that!  Let's make more money for people that will be dead in 15-20 years!  Not their problem anyway, right?

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've read and yet you still showed me that you didn't read my original post closely.  Either way, yes the cuts expire.  They were only made for 10 years and at the end, individual rates go up to higher than pre-cut rates.  The cuts that are permanent are the corporate tax cuts.

And yeah, who wants clean water and fresh air?  Screw that!  Let's make more money for people that will be dead in 15-20 years!  Not their problem anyway, right?

A lot of them will be happy to have been employed. How would you like a tax like this proposed by a Dem. Dems never saw a tax they don't like.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

A lot of them will be happy to have been employed.

I'm not saying young people will be dead in 15-20 years.  I'm talking about wealthy old people who are getting richer through certain environmental deregulations that will have little effect on them because they will be gone when we have to deal with these issues....again.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not saying young people will be dead in 15-20 years.  I'm talking about wealthy old people who are getting richer through certain environmental deregulations that will have little effect on them because they will be gone when we have to deal with these issues....again.

You only respond to part of my post.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

You only respond to part of my post.

It's because you go back and edit after posting and I've already responded.  Finish your thoughts before posting from now on.

The tax cuts were and still are stupid, and yes, all of us will be paying more in 10 years when they expire.  I'd never suggest taxing old rich people just because.  It's patently unfair. 

Now, if rolling back a regulation in favor of a tax on that industry for money to offset environmental impact/help clean up messes was proposed, I'd listen.  Could be a healthy compromise actually.

5 hours ago, HVAU said:
5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

To be fair to the geezers,

What age is one considered a geezer HVAU? in your opinion and thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's because you go back and edit after posting and I've already responded.  Finish your thoughts before posting from now on.

The tax cuts were and still are stupid, and yes, all of us will be paying more in 10 years when they expire.  I'd never suggest taxing old rich people just because.  It's patently unfair. 

Now, if rolling back a regulation in favor of a tax on that industry for money to offset environmental impact/help clean up messes was proposed, I'd listen.  Could be a healthy compromise actually.

Maybe between you and me we can get everything fixed up. The gov't is never going to do it no matter who is in power.?

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let's make more money for people that will be dead in 15-20 years!  Not their problem anyway, right?

Surprised at you Brad. What do you have against geezers tonight? 

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nothing against older folks.  Everything against ones who would rather make a buck and have no interest in leaving this planet as a clean resource for the benefit of future generations.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well, I'm forty.  So I'd say forty-one.  Until next year.

14 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Maybe between you and me we can get everything fixed up. The gov't is never going to do it no matter who is in power.?

You don't think the government has had a positive impact on improving environmental conditions?

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am surprised you are having trouble understanding Brad's point.  Aren't you an avid fisherman?

Most sportsman have an innate appreciation of the environment that goes past their immediate enjoyment.

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

i am just curious how proud can post a fake photo smearing obama and believed it until he got busted. no wonder he falls for so much of that right wing crap.

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

And you suck up to MSM. Does that make you even? Is that a good thing?

That's weird. "Suck up to the MSM"?   

You mean by accepting their reporting of Trump's statements?  :dunno:

Or are you suggesting it's the media who is lying and Trump never does?

And who exactly is the MSM? Does it include  NYT, Washington Post, WSJ, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS? 

Who else?

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am just curious how proud can post a fake photo smearing obama and believed it until he got busted. no wonder he falls for so much of that right wing crap.

I still believe the pic that PT is authentic fifty. the other was photo shopped. i stand by @Proud Tiger

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I still believe the pic that PT is authentic fifty. the other was photo shopped. i stand by @Proud Tiger

good for you salty. none of you guys  pay much attention to the truth anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Dang my friend, have you completely lost your sense of humor and can't even laugh at a pic. It seems like you are getting so sensitive you can dish it out but don't like the return without firing insults. IF I'm right wing then you are a communist?

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am surprised you are having trouble understanding Brad's point.  Aren't you an avid fisherman?

Most sportsman have an innate appreciation of the environment that goes past their immediate enjoyment.

Just picking at Brad at about older people Brother Homer. Not "avid" I am a great fisherman. Guarantee I care for the environment and want to see it preserved for future generations. While you are concerned with AGW which I am not saying is a complete fallacy, I tend to be more concerned with water run off thus water quality problems. We can only absorb a certain amount of asphalt , concrete, and roof lines. Plastics and disposal really gnaw at me. I adhere to the recycle sources available today. Something anyone could do regardless of location or income.

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just picking at Brad at about older people Brother Homer. Not "avid" I am a great fisherman. Guarantee I care for the environment and want to see it preserved for future generations. While you are concerned with AGW which I am not saying is a complete fallacy, I tend to be more concerned with water run off thus water quality problems. We can only absorb a certain amount of asphalt , concrete, and roof lines. Plastics and disposal really gnaw at me. I adhere to the recycle sources available today. Something anyone could do regardless of location or income.

Did you see the fishing jersey at i-cast made from 10 recycled water bottles?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

good for you salty. none of you guys  pay much attention to the truth anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we are also ignorant fifty, do not forget that....... it  is a staple in your speak.

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Everything against ones who would rather make a buck and have no interest in leaving this planet as a clean resource for the benefit of future generations.

Which environmental policies are you referencing? The vast majority of deregulation is and will continue to benefit the economy. 

Archived