Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Was just making the most extreme example of the types of characters he brings into his programs thereby making it not a surprise that something like this would happen under his watch. 

Just to be clear I don't think any logical person says Urban is responsible for Hernandez's kill list but its pretty funny that racists, murderers, and drug kingpins, etc all have come from under the Urban umbrella. 

Yep at least 31 players arrested during his tenure at Florida. If Jim Tressel got fired for what he did Urban's a goner.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Since it’s national news, don’t forget Baylor.

One of the issues at hand for the 3 schools, was/is at Penn St. Mich St. and Baylor, is not only the crimes and cover ups, but the knowledge of the HC’s and the degree of that Knowledge.

How poorly the Penn St, Baylor and Mich St investigations were handled and the ramifications for the victims that are still happening as we speak, the visibility and support of the #metoo movement, tOSU has no choice but to quickly fire him and admit the safety measures put in place to prevent and help victims, Title IX all were not properly followed and or failed. 

I thought about Baylor also but in this case, was considering that the Conference would bring some heat on the school to clean this up and not leave it to the OSU administrators ..who don't not have that great a record of taking on necessary housekeeping. 

59 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Agreed. Paid administrative leave just screams crossing the Ts and dotting the Is before cutting him loose. 

Would love to agree, and just my two cents, but I think it’s a way of covering their arse to keep him. This way Ohio State can say: we put him on (paid) leave and did a thorough investigation and found he did nothing wrong.

I hope, I am wrong!!! 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Never said Hinnen wasn’t exercising some false equivalency here. 

I had just forgotten about that player and wasn’t sure what the guy was talking about. ?

23 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Would love to agree, and just my two cents, but I think it’s a way of covering their arse to keep him. This way Ohio State can say: we put him on (paid) leave and did a thorough investigation and found he did nothing wrong.

I hope, I am wrong!!! 

It’s an extreme measure taken very quickly, and pretty much guarantees they’ve got wind of something that is pretty catastrophic.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Agreed. Paid administrative leave just screams crossing the Ts and dotting the Is before cutting him loose. 

From what I've read this sounds like one time TheOSU forgot to dot the i. 

Screenshot_20180801-210709~2.png

So....Mullen's team is fighting gamblers with skillets and that sleaze bag Urban is about to get kicked to the curb.....

Karma is a B@#$CH!!! 

I hope the nickster is next in line.

30 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s an extreme measure taken very quickly, and pretty much guarantees they’ve got wind of something that is pretty catastrophic.

I sooo hope u r correct!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/1/17639632/urban-meyer-zach-smith

Football coaches are some of the most detail-obsessed people on the planet. Their programs live and breathe off information control, both on and off the field. Meyer is one of the most successful football coaches alive. If he didn’t know, it would either be willful ignorance or negligence.

If he did, it would be deliberate negligence and show Meyer only acted to fire Smith once the law made keeping Smith an impossibility.

The best part is I bet he’s going to get fired “with cause” and not collect on that lucrative contract. If only he’d get a “show cause” from the NCAA for flaunting Title IX, that would be the icing on the cake. What a douchebag, not nice of me but I’ve got some serious schadenfreude working....

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Are we really suprised after UF?

Seriously. 

I just read an article about all the stuff that happened at UF. It's amazing CUM ever got another job in football. 

If anyone doesn't know exactly what went on, here is a great article on it. It amazing to see this was written in 2012. Seems like this guy had a time machine or could Nostradamus his way to seeing the future. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/2178871-urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

All I have to do is read that article, and Gus becomes a top notch coach. 

I've always been in the camp that we shouldn't have a preacher type as our head coach. We needed someone who would do what it takes to win football games. After reading the article in my post above, I will never take that side again. 

Even with his many flaws, his tight lipped boneheaded ways, Gus just became a WHOLE LOT BETTER in my eyes. 

So let us throw this nugget out there.  Does this fall under the lack of institutional control label? 

20 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

So let us throw this nugget out there.  Does this fall under the lack of institutional control label? 

LOIC is a term of art. Doubt there are any actionable NCAA violations here, so no.

The Title IX bomb alone is terrifying enough. 

10 hours ago, fredst said:

The best part is I bet he’s going to get fired “with cause” and not collect on that lucrative contract. If only he’d get a “show cause” from the NCAA for flaunting Title IX, that would be the icing on the cake. What a douchebag, not nice of me but I’ve got some serious schadenfreude working....

Damn had to google that one........good job fredst

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

LOIC is a term of art. Doubt there are any actionable NCAA violations here, so no.

This is what they are scared to death of and Gene Smith better look out.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

What would that look like? I'm not sure I can recall a previous example.  Maybe Baylor? Penn State?

just watched full interveiw posted by stadium on youtube........not a good look for Meyer........ex wife of abuser is pretty sharp young lady......hard time not convincing me not only did every coach on the staff know but Meyer knew.........Guy slept in his office more than a few times.

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

All I have to do is read that article, and Gus becomes a top notch coach. 

I've always been in the camp that we shouldn't have a preacher type as our head coach. We needed someone who would do what it takes to win football games. After reading the article in my post above, I will never take that side again. 

Even with his many flaws, his tight lipped boneheaded ways, Gus just became a WHOLE LOT BETTER in my eyes. 

Agree and I might add that Gus doesn't seem the preacher type to me. He sets a good example for our players by walking the walk. Some preacher types will talk the talk without practicing what they preach. I'm glad we have him too. 

Urban Meyer seems like the type of dude to accidentally kill your dog, throw it in a supermarket dumpster, then volunteer to help you look for it.

Archived