Null



Auburn2Eugene

Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

But he just lost his job to a QB with less experience and less athletic. Arm strength is debatable, however I see Nix as more accurate and can push the ball down the field better. But that’s all not relevant imo because I feel Bryant will look at the depth chart and want some guarantees he would be the starter without question. I just don’t think he can get that here, especially with the potential Nix brings to the table as one of the top three QBs in that nation. I’m sure he (Nix) wants the chance to start as well.

But Clemson is not predicated on athleticism like Auburn’s. That is what you not getting. Also Trevor Lawrence was a 5 star QB. By far the #1 player in the nation last year. Trevor Lawrence could start on any team this year in my eyes save for Bama with Tua. I like Bo Nix . I think he is going to be very good. I don’t necessarily know if he will be ready as soon as he steps on the plains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




9 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/09/26/clemson-football-kelly-bryant-transfer/1427832002/

By withdrawing from the remainder of the season, he will be eligible to play immediately at another program next year.

Hate to break it to you but that report is wrong. Just calling a spade a spade here. I have done way more research on all things transfers & transfer rules using the NCAA manual & know it much better than 99% of college football reporters. Just because they get paid for what they do doesn't mean they know more. Trust me. Unless rules change fast I am 100% accurate on everything I've posted in this thread regarding transfer rules.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what the main appeal to Auburn fans about Bryant is that he fits the mold of this offense so well. A Dangerous dual-threat QB who can run the read option and has a big arm. I'm not so sure Malik Willis is the answer next season, and I REALLY am not comfortable with a true freshman starting either. I know Gatewood and Sandberg are there, but think they will need another year before they are truly ready for SEC ball. Bryant would be a placeholder for a year, and would give us a big offensive threat for 2019 alone.

 

EDIT: Now if he is not available until 2020, there certainly arise some question marks. By then, we'll have 3 maybe 4 guys that can probably compete in the SEC. That would be up to the coaches to determine whether they want to take a shot at him. If he is eligible for 2019, however, this is a slam dunk absolute to me. 

Edited by tigerbrotha12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Incorrect. They can be correlary but aren't counted as the same.The only way they count the same is if the player has left the school before the Fall semester/quarter has began. We are well into the Fall term for every school.

Odd statement. Where does this come from?

Then why, for example, is Byron Cowart playing for Maryland this season after he played for AU last season?

 

Odd statement comes from the NCAA:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/new-transfer-rule-eliminates-permission-contact-process

Beginning in October, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current school for permission.

The rule change takes effect Oct. 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not a given that he would start of Bo Nix? 

Yes. That was the thesis of your post I replied to. Lol.

You may very well be right but I'm not going out on a limb & agree with you until the info coming out of the program is the same as your assertion. Gus is a weird bird after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Yes. That was the thesis of your post I replied to. Lol.

You may very well be right but I'm not going out on a limb & agree with you until the info coming out of the program is the same as your assertion. Gus is a weird bird after all.

Fair enough. I just can’t see Gus bringing over a transfer to play QB and him not starting . He has never ever done that. He has at the very least been consistent with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Then why, for example, is Byron Cowart playing for Maryland this season after he played for AU last season?

BC is one of the players who got a waiver by the NCAA to play this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Fair enough. I just can’t see Gus bringing over a transfer to play QB and him not starting . He has never ever done that. He has at the very least been consistent with that.

I'm also saying it's not a given Gus would take KB to just compete top start given how they think Cord is progressing & how they think Bo can start as a true freshman as more & more talented QBs are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Honestly it seems like a better fit than even Hurts coming over and it's out of conference so Dabo shouldn't mind as much.

If I were this kid there are a few teams that would truly use me well:
Oregon, Clemson, Texas A&M, Auburn, UCF, Oklahoma, and maybe Florida

Oklahoma?........thought they were settled in on a QB.......I know they struggled with Army.........have they hit panic mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

But Clemson is not predicated on athleticism like Auburn’s. That is what you not getting. Also Trevor Lawrence was a 5 star QB. By far the #1 player in the nation last year. Trevor Lawrence could start on any team this year in my eyes save for Bama with Tua. I like Bo Nix . I think he is going to be very good. I don’t necessarily know if he will be ready as soon as he steps on the plains. 

And you believe the staff would flat out tell him he would start. No time splitting with Nix etc. Just knowing what he has experienced at Clemson I think he will look elsewhere for a more definitive situation and may not wanna role the dice with some hot freshman potentially showing him up. But this could be all moot if he has to sit out a year as E stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If he is eligible for 2019, however, this is a slam dunk absolute to me. 

Yeah but you & none of us are Gus so it makes it anything but a slam dunk til we get actual info of serious AU interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Oklahoma?........thought they were settled in on a QB.......I know they struggled with Army.........have they hit panic mode?

Unless that kid heads to baseball...I think he was drafted #9. Also they have a goood freshman coming in somewhere from out here in Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

And you believe the staff would flat out tell him he would start. No time splitting with Nix etc. Just knowing what he has experienced at Clemson I think he will look elsewhere for a more definitive situation and may not wanna role the dice with some hot freshman potentially showing him up. But this could be all moot if he has to sit out a year as E stated.

I don’t know what the heck the staff be telling people to be honest to get people here tbh. However, I will say this, if you have a chance to get somebody who arguably is considered a great get , why would you overlook that person? We don’t need a repeat of 2016 due to what someone potentially might do. We know what KB can bring to the table. Potential and progression means crap without production.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but you & none of us are Gus so it makes it anything but a slam dunk til we get actual info of serious AU interest.

Slam dunk absolute as in go after him. Slam dunk absolute as in I think we should be interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hate to break it to you but that report is wrong. Just calling a spade a spade here. I have done way more research on all things transfers & transfer rules using the NCAA manual & know it much better than 99% of college football reporters. Just because they get paid for what they do doesn't mean they know more. Trust me. Unless rules change fast I am 100% accurate on everything I've posted in this thread regarding transfer rules.

Hence why I summoned you to this thread. You know more about recruiting and transfers than anyone. So it is with extreme perplex that you weren’t aware of the Oct. 15th transfer rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

BC is one of the players who got a waiver by the NCAA to play this season.

That’s what I figured. 

IIRC, Bryant recently graduated at Clemson, so that’s why he will be eligible to play in 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Slam dunk absolute as in go after him. Slam dunk absolute as in I think we should be interested. 

I know exactly what you meant my friend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

IIRC, Bryant recently graduated at Clemson, so that’s why he will be eligible to play in 2019.

Thank you. That's the info I didn't have & wasn't going to look for til we got word of serious AU interest in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

So it is with extreme perplex that you weren’t aware of the Oct. 15th transfer rule. 

Fully aware of the rule. I was just saying it was oddly placed since we were discussing KB to AU & not to another ACC school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to summarize the thread so far:

  1. First and foremost we don't know of any interest from the staff and really can't say much else until we hear something on this front.
  2. The majority of us would be excited to have him if all the dominos lineup correctly
    1. JS has to be guaranteed leaving and we need to be able to confidently tell KB as much
    2. KB would have to feel confident that he would win the starting job
    3. KB has to be a Grad Transfer to be eligible for 2019-20 season (check and confirmed) 
    4. Again, the staff themselves have to be interested in KB and confident that he would start
    5. Likely that we would have to get him here on a visit/workout first
  3. The fallout from bringing him in for one season may or may not cost us Gatewood/Willis
  4. We, as fans, aren't sure if he would beat out Bo Nix and Cord out but we're giving him the benefit of the doubt as a qb who did  lead his teams to the playoffs (something Auburn hasn't been in yet).
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Fair enough. I just can’t see Gus bringing over a transfer to play QB and him not starting . He has never ever done that. He has at the very least been consistent with that.

Well...he did have JFIII but that was not so clear cut.    But... as Bo looks, the idea of starting a freshman in the SEC does not make me comfortable.   I know it has happened several times recently but not all of them are successful right away.  A guy like KB could provide some leadership right away...JMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fully aware of the rule. I was just saying it was oddly placed since we were discussing KB to AU & not to another ACC school.

That’s why I prefaced my statement with “As a side note.” I wanted to get out in front of statements that would suggest a transfer to another ACC program and 2019 Clemson opponents are off the table. After Oct. 15th, Bryant can go wherever he wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well...he did have JFIII but that was not so clear cut.    But... as Bo looks, the idea of starting a freshman in the SEC does not make me comfortable.   I know it has happened several times recently but not all of them are successful right away.  A guy like KB could provide some leadership right away...JMO

Yes and he wanted JF3 to start . It was fairly obvious that he couldn’t pass with accuracy at all..BUT a hand full of us wanted this other guy,who shall not be named, as he seemed to be a better mold . 

Edited by DAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my opinion, but I believe Mullen will have his choice of Hurts or Bryant. If Hurts goes to Florida, I like our chances with Bryant. 

*** PURE speculation by me ***

And if both happen, the AU @ FL game would get off the charts attention. 

Edited by Scotty2Hotty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now