Null



Sign in to follow this  
Auburn2Eugene

Offense through 6 games

Recommended Posts

I know everyone and their brother has been starting threads. Many by user names that aren't recognizable. But I didn't know what thread to put this in, and it really needs to be posted. If it's already been posted, or if it fits better in another thread, mods, please move it or even delete it.

This is worse than the worst of the Lashlee days. I could not believe it when I first saw it, but that was only for a second. Then I remembered what I had watched these past 6 games. We have looked worse as the season progressed. 

Explosive plays Auburn rates 96th out of 129 teams in FBS. Points per scoring opportunities Auburn rates 115th of 129. 3rd and long Auburn rates 91st out of 129. 3rd and medium 61st out of 129. 3rd and short Auburn rates 122nd out of 129 team. 

That is about as bad as I've ever seen an Auburn offense be... That's Tony Franklin bad. That's Ensminger/Nall bad.

Screenshot_2018-10-10-08-26-18.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




16 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Pretty damning numbers there. It’s painful to watch. 

It is. And to me the most telling part is that we are almost DEAD LAST in the nation on 3rd and short. That speaks volumes and is completely unacceptable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It is. And to me the most telling part is that we are almost DEAD LAST in the nation on 3rd and short. That speaks volumes and is completely unacceptable. 

I kinda miss the days of I formation football where 3rd and short was almost a gimme if you had a competent line and a good fullback.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.. those 3rd and short/4th and short plays we have.. throw them out in the freaking trash. Our linemen can't get the push against the front 4 plus the LBs and our RBs sometimes never have a chance to even make the LOS. We should just throw every down and add in some delayed RB draw plays here and there. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I kinda miss the days of I formation football where 3rd and short was almost a gimme if you had a competent line and a good fullback.

I don't miss those days. I very much like the spread. But unlike us, you should still have a goalline formation. 

That being said, all we need is a KJ, CAP, Bubba, or Tre back there and decent blocking in the middle of the line. I mean as much as I love him, and as much as he gives his everything for his team, when Chandler Cox is your biggest back, and when we get no push from the middle, it's no wonder we are almost dead last in the nation on 3rd and short. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It’s obviously AD Greene’s fault.   He’s the new guy...

Definitely have to watch that guy when it's time to play Ole Miss. He might tip them off to our game plan. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It’s obviously AD Greene’s fault.   He’s the new guy...

That's kind of an out of left field response. 

For the record, I have nothing negative to to say about our AD at all. He won me over when he stopped Leath from canning Bruce Pearl. 

Also, I'm not blaming anyone or anything with my post. I just found what it said alarming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That's kind of an out of left field response. 

For the record, I have nothing negative to to say about our AD at all. He won me over when he stopped Leath from canning Bruce Pearl. 

Also, I'm not blaming anyone or anything with my post. I just found what it said alarming. 

I think that was a joke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a minute. Since the hell when has Auburn's offense been in 3rd and short?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What got lost in all the bad from last weekend is how we actually ran a QB sneak.

I think that may have been the first time in all of Gus' college coaching career he had the QB line up under center and just fall forward.

Almost a decade too late but I mean better late than never, I guess? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

What got lost in all the bad from last weekend is how we actually ran a QB sneak.

I think that may have been the first time in all of Gus' college coaching career he had the QB line up under center and just fall forward.

Almost a decade too late but I mean better late than never, I guess? 

That just about KILLED the QB.  Probably the last one we see this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That just about KILLED the QB.  Probably the last one we see this year...

Lolol I noticed that too. And almost didn't make it. 

 

We should start using our long snapper as the center and snap it 15 yards deep to give JS some extra time 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lolol I noticed that too. And almost didn't make it. 

 

We should start using our long snapper as the center and snap it 15 yards deep to give JS some extra time 

"Stidham Over The Top!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have any issue with a QB sneak.  But I swear when they line up in the dang shotgun when it is 3rd or 4th and a half a yard to go I just want to puke.  Why in the name of all that is holy would anyone in their right mind want to snap the ball 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage with a half yard to go.  Put the dang QB under center with a FB and a RB in the I formation and either run a sneak or hand it to the RB on a dive play with the FB leading.  Quit the silly sh** and play ball.  If you think you have to trick someone to get half a yard you ain’t gonna win the game anyway.  Man up!

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Wait a minute. Since the hell when has Auburn's offense been in 3rd and short?

Never actually because the shotgun turns our 3rd and 1 or 2 into 3rd and 6 or 7. Always risky but with our OL issues it is even worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this