What a horrible place to be

cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No I expect you to at LEAST post something with some sort of logic to support anything that you say that leads you to believe you are more qualified or have a greater understanding than everybody else.

The only post I remember from you is where you tried to say you are different because you come from a technical background....and I told you no you're not different because of that because I have a technical background as well and your feelings were hurt. 

But you're right it is a forum, so write something to show you know what you're talking about as opposed to always falling back on you guys can't understand like me 🙄

He has a damn PhD Cole!! What more do you want???

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So they "deserve" new coaches? …..not so sure I agree with that ..JMO but likely some fans are more eager for change (that does not affect them personally) than are players who end up dealing with it:dunno:

Fair point. I’m sure they love their coaches and yesterday was a great example that they are still playing hard for them. 

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So the reason Auburn is horrible is because we fans expected too much of them? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

No, he doesn’t....

27 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

No. Enough with this overly negative crap. We just beat a top 25 team with calls going in their favor all game. The fan backlash from the LSU loss sucked the wind out of the team, and they’ve had to turn their season around in the midst of flaky fan support and the sports media telling them their worthless. You all know nothing about human behavior. How about we quit b****ing and start supporting the team for a change...

Flaky freakin fans...

I’m curious, AUFriction.  Why do you have the 2016 Clemson Whirly Bird gif as your sig?  What does that tell us about your thought process?  Is this your favorite Auburn play of all time?  Maybe time for some self eval.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, if the flaky fan support and media have that much influence on how they view their self worth; what do you say about their mental toughness?

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Man!! We got our very own PhD in the house!!! To tell us that WE had unrealistic expectations in YEAR SIX of a coach’s tenure! 

Thanks doc! I feel better now. 

Now if you could write us a quick paper on why people feel the need to defend crap coaches on a message board...

I thought he said he was an engineer for a rocket company or NASA or something like that? Man this guy is accomplished!!

Just now, cole256 said:

I thought he said he was an engineer for a rocket company or NASA or something like that? Man this guy is accomplished!!

Eh I think that was some other pompous arse... don’t know what we would do without these guys telling us how we should feel about our mediocre football coach 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m curious, AUFriction.  Why do you have the 2016 Clemson Whirly Bird gif as your sig?  What does that tell us about your thought process?  Is this your favorite Auburn play of all time?  Maybe time for some self eval.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, if the flaky fan support and media have that much influence on how they view their self worth; what do you say about their mental toughness?

likely the players are more mentally tough than some AU fans who worry about what their bama or Georgia friends will say when Auburn's football team loses. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's an interesting observation but I'm betting the players are quite happy with the coaches they have.  There might be some grumbling from those not getting what they consider "fair playing time"....but I doubt that a coaching change would be cheered by the vast majority of the team.  

Fans outside of the locker room talk pretty casually about firing coaches but the players who work with those coaches every day, know their families, sometimes look at them as father figures, and came to Auburn because of them ?    I expect they are not eager to see any of their coaches dismissed.   Of course it's business and the players know that but it's not easy for them.   In other situations where coaches have been fired I've seen and heard untold numbers of guys crying because they felt they had let their coaches down. 

So they "deserve" new coaches? …..not so sure I agree with that ..JMO but likely some fans are more eager for change (that does not affect them personally) than are players who end up dealing with it. :dunno:

There certainly are quite a few that aren't happy with him and says we need a new coach though

Just now, AU64 said:

likely the players are more mentally tough than some AU fans who worry about what their bama or Georgia friends will say when Auburn's football team loses. 

You mean like all fans of all sports all over the country? Every fan base worries about what their rivals will say....that’s why it’s a rivalry...

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Eh I think that was some other pompous arse... don’t know what we would do without these guys telling us how we should feel about our mediocre football coach 

Nah I'm pretty sure it's him, if my memory is correct he even said it to you

Just now, cole256 said:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's him, if my memory is correct he even said it to you

Lol it may be. I remember that convo. We got ourselves a NASA phd psychologist rocket scientist here lecturing us about football....at least 64 doesn’t act like he has all these qualifications, he just likes lecturing us without credentials.

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

You mean like all fans of all sports all over the country? Every fan base worries about what their rivals will say....that’s why it’s a rivalry...

Don't let 64 fool you, he doesn't play games when he doesn't like a coach. This positive thing is a facade. Catch him when he gets angry at Bruce Pearl 😮

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Don't let 64 fool you, he doesn't play games when he doesn't like a coach. This positive thing is a facade. Catch him when he gets angry at Bruce Pearl 😮

Uh oh, don’t ruin my perception of 64 now. Hes at  least my 3rd favorite head in the sand Gus lover on here.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Lol it may be. I remember that convo. We got ourselves a NASA phd psychologist rocket scientist here lecturing us about football....at least 64 doesn’t act like he has all these qualifications, he just likes lecturing us without credentials.

Definitely don't want to argue with a rocket scientist with a Ph.D. In psychology with published papers.....I don't stand a chance.....talking....football😂

I JUST WANT FOOTBALLS VERSION OF BRUCE PEARL AS OUR HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE THAT IS ALL I ASK!!!!!!!! A coach who is easy to love and the whole fanbase can wrap their arms around. The last 2 coaches especially have made that really really hard to do and downright impossible. IDK how Gus has the unabashed fans he does on here who will defend him at every turn because the man is one of the most unlikeable people in all of college football. 

Uh oh, don’t ruin my perception of 64 now. Hes at  least my 3rd favorite head in the sand Gus lover on here.

Just wait until the basketball team lose a game by a point lol. You'll see an totally different guy. I think Mikey gets his negativity game going with Pearl as well. Who knew?!?

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

This is true. All of my arguments with 64 have been about his just total WTF disdain for BRUCE MOTHER EFFIN PEARL!!!!! 64 is constantly being passive aggressive about him and always throwing backhanded compliments at him. It really overcooks my grits OTP!!!!!!! lol. Being a fan of gus is one thing.... BUT DO NOT COME FOR OUR GUY BRUCE PEARL NOW!!!!!!

Man I'm snitching let me stop letting these secrets out. I'm just dumb ol Cole I can't be showing this memory of mine off 😶

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is true. All of my arguments with 64 have been about his just total WTF disdain for BRUCE MOTHER EFFIN PEARL!!!!! 64 is constantly being passive aggressive about him and always throwing backhanded compliments at him. It really overcooks my grits OTP!!!!!!! lol. Being a fan of gus is one thing.... BUT DO NOT COME FOR OUR GUY BRUCE PEARL NOW!!!!!!

Wait...wait wait wait wait...you’re tellin me that 64 defends our underachieving mediocre over paid football coach as if he’s his brother....and criticizes our basketball coach who is winning and making Auburn basketball nationally relevant? WTF?

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Definitely don't want to argue with a rocket scientist with a Ph.D. In psychology with published papers.....I don't stand a chance.....talking....football😂

Nah bro we’re out of our depth on this one...

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just wait until the basketball team lose a game by a point lol. You'll see an totally different guy. I think Mikey gets his negativity game going with Pearl as well. Who knew?!?

What I’m the holy hell is up with those two??? 

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I believe he did say he was a rocket scientist 🧐

Wait...wait wait wait wait...you’re tellin me that 64 defends our underachieving mediocre over paid football coach as if he’s his brother....and criticizes our basketball coach who is winning and making Auburn basketball nationally relevant? WTF?

Guess who's brought that up a time or two? 🙋🏾

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

THAT IS EXACTLY what we are telling you. Amazing isn't it?! MAKES NO SENSE RIGHT???? But alas here we are.......... 

tpb.gif

Archived