White House uses edited video to justify banning Jim Acosta.

AuCivilEng1

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I've watched it over and over and over and I just don't see where he does anything. I see her being aggressive when she's trying to snatch the mic from his hand. All I see him doing is his arms comes down when she yanks at the mic and he very calmly says excuse me ma'am. This is a joke. The president has openly admitted to groping women by their genitals, unsolicited, on camera. This is a smack in the face to people that have actually been assaulted. 

Ask yourself this. If Acosta had actually done anything, that warranted the action they took, why would info wars need to make a video making it look aggressive? And why would the White House be using that video and not the real one? 

Amen

They were both so out of line with this. But it's all a distraction so we don't notice what's really going on in the capital. 

I saw it in real time and unedited. Acosta pushed her arm away and held onto the mic. It’s not even disputable. Is it a crime? Who knows but he did it. The WH video was almost exactly the same. There was no difference. 

20 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I saw it in real time and unedited. Acosta pushed her arm away and held onto the mic. It’s not even disputable. Is it a crime? Who knows but he did it. The WH video was almost exactly the same. There was no difference.

Then why did the WH feel the need to use an edited video from Info Wars(of all places)? To attempt to dupe the American public. 

If I were Trump I would say screw it and stop being transparent and don't even do press conferences like Obama did. Just do the ones with Sarah Huckabee.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

If I were Trump I would say screw it and stop being transparent and don't even do press conferences like Obama did. Just do the ones with Sarah Huckabee.

Well two things on that.

1) Trump rarely holds a real press conference.  This one last week was the first time in over a year that he's done it.

2)  Sanders has cut back the daily press briefings to occasional press briefings.  Access to this WH is becoming increasingly limited.  Recently went 18 days without the WH holding a press briefing.  

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

What they did with the video release was ridiculous. 

Acosta was also grandstanding and should have been reprimanded. 

End of story.

You are soooooo right.

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

What they did with the video release was ridiculous. 

Acosta was also grandstanding and should have been reprimanded. 

End of story.

This is the correct response.  If the WH had simply pulled Acosta aside in private and stated their concern, everything would have been fine.  If Acosta disagrees, then make sure he knows that he will not be called on in the future by either SHS or POTUS.  Pulling the credential was the extreme reaction.

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then why did the WH feel the need to use an edited video from Info Wars(of all places)? To attempt to dupe the American public. 

If they didn't use the original, I don't know why not. I was watching live when it happened and the incident didn't require finagling. Acosta did what they say he did. I've been in plenty of bars where he'd have got his butt kicked had he done that to the wrong girl at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If they didn't use the original, I don't know why not. I was watching live when it happened and the incident didn't require finagling. Acosta did what they say he did. I've been in plenty of bars where he'd have got his butt kicked had he done that to the wrong girl at the wrong time.

A bar full of inebriated people would overreact though. Not sure if your anecdote really applies to this. 

Archived