Men Vs. Duke

WarTiger

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the first couple of games some people were saying he was better than Heron. Now you are saying he is a choke artist. Neither is correct. He has some skills and will help us this year.  Ref's were not allowing him to body up people out front and he did not adjust so played limited minutes. Pearl and other coaches will work on that. he and Okeke had similar issues on D getting in foul trouble. That is correctable.

He played hard but ineffectively this game but coming down as hard on him as you did is just unfair.  When I am disappointed in a player or a game I try to wait a while before I post so I can calm down and reflect a while before I type something I wish I could take back later. doverstutts I have seen your posts in the past you are better than that comment.

This may have been part of the defensive plan against the talented Dukies.  It didn't work because the officials were calling every contact we made with them. We didn't adjust soon enough to keep them out of foul trouble. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Men show staying power vs Duke

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Lance Stevenson and Zach Randolph.

MAKE EM DANCE LANCE!!!!! you a fan randy?! lol

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Lance Stevenson and Zach Randolph.

I can't say I see any Lance but yes hebasically is a Zack Randolph with Vince Carter athleticism

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MAKE EM DANCE LANCE!!!!! you a fan randy?! lol

Randolph has that lefty move em out the way shoulder move. haha

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I can't say I see any Lance but yes hebasically is a Zack Randolph with Vince Carter athleticism

i don't think anyone has vince carter athleticism. Zion=Zeke

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

i don't think anyone has vince carter athleticism. Zion=Zeke

You do a windmill from the free throw line you're close. I'd bet his vertical is higher

And we saw that Austin Wiley can play; that we have a low post game on offense.  Although we do need to further develop it.

I thought the Duke game was a breakthrough game for Wiley.  He competed well against some pro-quality players.

Yeah I think we are having some growing pains with the post play because we didn’t have a go to on the inside last year.. BP will get it going and that will take some heat off of the outside shooters. I just think the moment was too big for Samir, but I think he will settle down and be a good bench option for Jarred Harper to get a breather. Great game to stay that close to Duke and still play a little bad

On November 20, 2018 at 9:30 PM, BigSammyK said:

Did you miss the part where this was the 5th game of a very long season? They were both monsters in the UW game yet you’ve already counted them out.

C’mon. 

I missed the UW game.

Just asking questions about things I've observed. Wondering if im seeing things correctly. I'm admittedly no expert . No need to get your back all up.

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

Going to be burning the midnight oil for this one lol.

i sure enjoyed the game last night. i did not thhink we played well and yet we still dominated. and i believe mr dunbar has grown up this year. he always played hard but would do something to make me roll my eyes but man that kid is back, much improved, and loaded for bear! when we get p-joy we should be just that much more badass!

On 11/21/2018 at 9:33 AM, BHDAU1 said:

My thoughts on the game are that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever witnessed and Auburn would beat that Duke team about 50% of the time with a properly called game.  Even with a poor showing in shooting percentage from some of Auburn's better players and one of the most lopsided displays of calling fouls I have ever seen Auburn only lost by 6 points.  This Duke team has been blowing good teams out of the gym.  When was the last time a Bruce Pearl coached team went an entire half without a single free throw? Has it ever happened?  I mean come on, that is just plain ridiculous.  The discrepancy in free throws between the two teams is laughable.  The Auburn basketball team has drawn multiple fouls in every half of basketball they have played this season thus far, and did so last year as well.  They are good at the line and that was ultimately the difference in the game.   

I remember in 1976 or 77 Auburn went to Nashville to play Vandy and Auburn only got to shoot two free thtows, those coming at the end of the game. Auburn fared better than LSU. The Bengal Tigers played the dores i Nashville before they played Auburn and didn't get to shoot any free throws. Nada. Zilch, Zero. All that goes back to officiating.  The conference finally cracked down on it, to some degree.

Archived