Men Vs. Duke

WarTiger

disappointed by the negative comments about players and the team's performance..   The played the top rated team...which has at least 4 future NBA players (like next year) and they rallied from double digits several times as the game went along.  At any time, they could have decided "we can't do this".  but they kept fighting.  

I accept hat BPs style is to mostly just send them out and let them play....would have like to see some adjustment to that big Duke center who kept blocking shots by our smaller guys who were driving..  Could not see why we kept doing the same thing over and over....which gave Duke waaaay to many extra shots for the game.   Otherwise, a good game by AU and some lessons learned...I hope.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not one word about Auburn playing Duke the closest they’ve been played all season. Not one word on ESPN. Not one. 

your tv must be different than mine

4 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Bryce is not bad just so very streaky. Also gets down on himself too much if he misses shots. 

exactly, I think Bryce is who he is at this point, and being a streaky shooter with a tendency to not only keep shooting contested (read: bad) shots late, but beat yourself up if those shots dont get in, thats gonna hurt the team when we're back playing other top 10 squads. The problem with asking him to do other things is that he's innately wired to dribble dribble only to create separation to shoot. He only knows pull from the line or try to spin around until he gets an inch of separation. I wish he saw on tape that he can finish adeptly and tried it more often, but it hasnt been instilled in him to this point so I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not one word about Auburn playing Duke the closest they’ve been played all season. Not one word on ESPN. Not one. 

They  said after game and once during game. They also picked auburn to win sec and were impressed with their players.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

disappointed by the negative comments about players and the team's performance..   The played the top rated team...which has at least 4 future NBA players (like next year) and they rallied from double digits several times as the game went along.  At any time, they could have decided "we can't do this".  but they kept fighting.  

I accept hat BPs style is to mostly just send them out and let them play....would have like to see some adjustment to that big Duke center who kept blocking shots by our smaller guys who were driving..  Could not see why we kept doing the same thing over and over....which gave Duke waaaay to many extra shots for the game.   Otherwise, a good game by AU and some lessons learned...I hope.

Felt almost like our guys forgot Bolden was even in the area. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mind sharing some tweets?

I am at work or I would. A lot of Auburn is legit. Quite a bit of people saying the refs clearly favors duke as they got 34 foul shots to our 9. They seem to love our back court. Many think we are the clear favorite to win the SEC

1 minute ago, rexbo said:

No doubt the basketball team looked better against #1 than the football team will Saturday. Pearl>Malzahn

unnecessary.....☹️

This team will get better as the year goes on. Okeke and Doughhty have to keep out of foul trouble. Tonight it was on them in one on one situations they didn't move their feet well and got called for reaching in or bodying once behind the guy. Right now Harper is playing the best of every  Auburn player. His D was good and his O was great after a horrible beginning. In about 5 more games we get Purifoy back giving us more depth.  

Last night a few times and at least once today we posted Okeke downlow and he was money in the bank we need to do that more.  I am proud of this team we could be a final 4 team and while Duke was better than us today I think if we played our best game we could beat them. If we played them 5 times they would win the series but I think we could win a game or two and it only takes one win at the right time.

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

purifoy can take doughty's spot.....something has to be done....he has choked out on us

I have to agree.  I don't see what Doughty brings to this team.  He also does not appear to play with the poise and confidence of the rest of the team.

Also, someone explain to me where Okeke has gone.  He looks kind of lost in the O.  Is he playing a different spot than he did last year?

When Duke runs roughshod through the regular season, some of you will feel differently about this loss. AU was also coming off a hard fought OT game the day before while Duke basically coasted in their first game. I just looked at the stats and I’m even more pleased than I was before seeing them. Beside fouls, FTs, and FG%, AU was right with Duke. Yeah, a couple of better shots nhs might be different. But this is a quality game for AU. There are no moral victories, but this is a building block for AU basketball for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Him and Shamorie Ponds are gonna give them hell. I think Jared is comparable to those two in value but we had no other guard give him any type of help tonight. TWO legit all around scoring guards are gonna make Duke pay if they dont get any more disciplined 

Are you serious? Duke will beat them by 40.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Just think a previous athletic director was ready to let him go...

And a current President

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This team will get better as the year goes on. Okeke and Doughhty have to keep out of foul trouble. Tonight it was on them in one on one situations they didn't move their feet well and got called for reaching in or bodying once behind the guy. Right now Harper is playing the best of every  Auburn player. His D was good and his O was great after a horrible beginning. In about 5 more games we get Purifoy back giving us more depth.  

Last night a few times and at least once today we posted Okeke downlow and he was money in the bank we need to do that more.  I am proud of this team we could be a final 4 team and while Duke was better than us today I think if we played our best game we could beat them. If we played them 5 times they would win the series but I think we could win a game or two and it only takes one win at the right time.

I love watching Okeke in the post.  His footwork looks like Tim Duncan-Smoooooooth

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I have to agree.  I don't see what Doughty brings to this team.  He also does not appear to play with the poise and confidence of the rest of the team.

Also, someone explain to me where Okeke has gone.  He looks kind of lost in the O.  Is he playing a different spot than he did last year?

Kid had an off game tonight.  It happens.  He got hampered with some foul trouble so don’t think for a second that he won’t bounce back.  Okeke has grown ALOT since last year.  

Just now, AUGoo said:

Obviously Duke doesn't foul.

Like Bama doesn't hold

Duke and Bama fans, “well yeah we’re just that well coached m. Yee haw. Boy I love my sister.” Just kissing about that last part lol

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Did you miss the part where this was the 5th game of a very long season? They were both monsters in the UW game yet you’ve already counted them out.

C’mon. 

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

When Duke runs roughshod through the regular season, some of you will feel differently about this loss. AU was also coming off a hard fought OT game the day before while Duke basically coasted in their first game. I just looked at the stats and I’m even more pleased than I was before seeing them. Beside fouls, FTs, and FG%, AU was right with Duke. Yeah, a couple of better shots nhs might be different. But this is a quality game for AU. There are no moral victories, but this is a building block for AU basketball for sure. 

Exactly.  We started off last night and tonight 2-13/14 from 3.  Never good.  Hopefully when they see Harper and Brown driving to the basket, we will have a someone start to run with them for the dump off.  A few times in the second half, everyone was watching and they got caught in no mans land.  

Well, another game tomorrow against a team who is probably as much of a challenge as Duke....chance to build the resume'.

Just lost to the (loaded) undisputed number one team in the country by single digits with a -25 FT disparity. Who can be unsatisfied with the result? I’m going to bed happy. Danjel will be back soon. Wiley is making tremendous strides in a short span. This year could be special. Very special. 

Archived