Men Vs. Duke

WarTiger

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final  Auburn falls 78-72 to the best team in the country.  Extremely proud of this performance.  What a great showing for Auburn tonight.

Proud of the team and the effort! We’re going to kick a lot of ass this year. War Damn!

Guys, we played up to maybe 80% of our potential and lost to the #1 team by 6...

Here are my thoughts:

I see a silver lining with this game from the standpoint of the meaning of the game itself.  Auburn played poorly, I understand that.  Very rushed.  Bad shot selection.  Foul trouble that really put us behind.  What I mean by being pleased though is for Auburn to remain a contender from here on out we will be playing top quality teams year in and year out.  No more mid-quality SEC play with Kentucky sprinkled in.  Now Auburn knows what it is like to play the Dukes of basketball.  Now our fan base knows how to handle it.  

We will get these games again this year.  Potentially Duke again this year.  We can run with Duke and even win.  Only lost by 6 to the #1 team in the nation.  Work on this mistakes and come back stronger.  And by the way, you bet our recruits and targets saw this game.  We got this.  

Proud of our guys! We shot terrible in the first half, but battled them to the end. Duke just has too much talent. We need more physical talent in the paint to be a complete team

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bryce is just scared of contact

And he's not clutch.

You watch: He'll light it up tomorrow when there's no pressure.

I'll take a 6 point loss to that team.   They may be as good as I have seen in a while.   Proud of our guys for making Duke earn it.   Hopefully, we learned a little about ourselves and where we need to improve to play with the big boys.  WDE!!

Wouldn't think this loss hurts us in the polls much. Heck of a job considering the FT disparity. War Eagle. We've got a pretty good team. Going to have a lot of fun in the SEC. 

Just now, DAG said:

So glad we got and kept Bruce .

Just think a previous athletic director was ready to let him go...

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Mustapha has just led SJU to 5-0 apparently 

can we trade him for Samir J’Von, and Bryce

Bryce is not bad just so very streaky. Also gets down on himself too much if he misses shots. 

I think the officiating played a bigger deal in this.  Once again our bigs are hurt by the officials and theirs not so much.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

I love the depth, but do we need someone else shooting a 3?

We need another PG to backup harper IMO. Having Samir as a 3rd guard in the starting 5 hasn't looked great last 2 games IMO. Let Samir get the backup 1 minutes if possible? I'm not that high on JM. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Duke had a LOT to do with that “playing bad”.

I agree. The moment was too big for us early. We shook it off though. We can play better if we play them again.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This team is going to get a lot better the second we start giving JVon half of Samir’s minutes, Danjel comes in, and we tell guys to take a few less contested 3s

Bruce doesn't trust JM he's always yelling at him for something lol. I'm not too high on him either to be honest. Samir hasn't looked good starting at the 3 IMO the last 2 games against legit competition at least 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So glad we got and kept Bruce .

Just think a previous athletic director was ready to let him go.

Don’t forget. We played an absolute nail biter last night as well. Very proud and optimistic.

Archived