Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

FYI, Georgia Tech just hired Geoff Collins from Temple to be head coach. I know there was some smoke about Gus to Tech, but that rumor can be put to bed as well.

I just want Tech to have a competent coach.  They frustrated me to no end sitting in a talent-rich state like Georgia and not even trying to be good.  Tech has an opportunity to be a really good football program if they tried.

How do we fire the ******* board of trustees??? This is my first time being legitimately pissed about auburn’s Management in a while....losing a golden offensive coordinator due to bigheadness. No one buy tickets next year please 

Turns out Gus is one for three.

1. He is still at Auburn

2. Missed his transfer QB

3. Missed out on Hugh Freeze

One for three.

C'mon!  Seriously?  Who are we kidding?  We already know who will be our next OC. 

Our minds have just not yet accepted it as fact.

Chip2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is my first time being legitimately pissed about auburn’s Management in a while....losing a golden offensive coordinator due to bigheadness.

Although it seems there was some meddling, I'm legit curious on how Tennessee missed on Freeze as well. I really think Sankey and the SEC stepped in again and strongly discouraged UT and AU. I don't think Sankey has the legal power to stop it, but if AU didn't work out, then go to the next SEC school that wanted him. Liberty, all the way up in Virginia...??

21 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Although it seems there was some meddling, I'm legit curious on how Tennessee missed on Freeze as well. I really think Sankey and the SEC stepped in again and strongly discouraged UT and AU. I don't think Sankey has the legal power to stop it, but if AU didn't work out, then go to the next SEC school that wanted him. Liberty, all the way up in Virginia...??

Just the SEC trying to keep Bama so strong that nobody can push them. Nothing to see here. 

44 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I just want Tech to have a competent coach.  They frustrated me to no end sitting in a talent-rich state like Georgia and not even trying to be good.  Tech has an opportunity to be a really good football program if they tried.

Careful....

Golf will crush an empty PBR can over your head for saying that. 😂🤣

26 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Let gus figure it out.  He is paid enough.  he knows how to do the job (OC) and do it well

This is a good point. 

Gus has certainly not earned a top 5 salary based on his HC abilities.

That must be the reworked contract.... Gus is now paid $1M per year to be HC.  He's now the highest paid OC, at $6M per year, in the history of football.

Auburn's Administration is making HISTORY!!!

46 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Turns out Gus is one for three.

1. He is still at Auburn

2. Missed his transfer QB

3. Missed out on Hugh Freeze

One for three.

Gus wanted Freeze, but was handicapped in actually going out and getting him.

I'd love to know what this offensive staff is telling recruits to keep them from decommiting. This is ridiculous. We need to figure this out fast. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Doesn't Liberty seem like an unusual fit for Freeze, given his most recent history? Anybody? 

Not if you take into account some other folks with well documented transgressions that Liberty has embraced.  This doesn't shock me in the least.

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This is a good point. 

Gus has certainly not earned a top 5 salary based on his HC abilities.

That must be the reworked contract.... Gus is now paid $1M per year to be HC.  He's now the highest paid OC, at $6M per year, in the history of football.

Auburn's Administration is making HISTORY!!!

Thats what happens when we are desperate  and then hire our past OC who is in his 1st year as a HC at a small school.    Let the dumb asses that hired him deal with it.  Im just going to watch football. 

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Freeze was apparently on the no-fly list for the SEC.....but why would he take an OC job anyway?   

HC jobs are opening up almost every day and he's got a pretty good resume' if you ignore some of the personal transgressions.  As noted, Liberty is good place for him....only one boss (Falwell) , don't worry about the media and no BOT to meddle with the football program.   An ideal job for him....JMO

15 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Bobby Bentley is apparently a target . What the hell ?? Our program is a damn dumpster fire 

This makes me think they are just throwing crap out there to see what sticks.  Why would he leave SC for his sons senior season to come back here?

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This makes me think they are just throwing crap out there to see what sticks.  Why would he leave SC for his sons senior season to come back here?

Dude. Word is out. Auburn is THE premier stepping stone job if you want to call plays at a big time... basketball school. 

If Bentley plays his cards right, we could be his ticket to a Davidson or even a George Mason intramural gig. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars, Bobby B!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude. Word is out. Auburn is THE premier stepping stone job if you want to call plays at a big time... basketball school. 

If Bentley plays his cards right, we could be his ticket to a Davidson or even a George Mason intramural gig. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars, Bobby B!

I am at the point where I just don't know why anyone would honestly want the job besides a 1 year pay raise.

31 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Bobby Bentley is apparently a target . What the hell ?? Our program is a damn dumpster fire 

I called this the other day and someone told me it won't happen. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Strike 2.    Gus be ready for the heater!!

If I were Gus, I’d be expecting the brush back before the high heat.

Archived