Null



gr82b4au

Stidham going pro

Recommended Posts

Good luck to Stidham . Good talent . Pocket presence... not so much He did piss me off numerous times on the sideline smiling and laughing while AU was getting beat by Tennessee and moo state . He is not a fit for Gus. Either way I wish him the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I think moving on to the NFL is what's best for Stidham. I don't think he should play in the bowl game. He's shown numerous times through his play this year that he's terrified to get hurt, so I don't imagine he'll be any different in a bowl game that's also his last college game. Plus, it'll give MW an opportunity to get valuable experience at being QB1 if Stidham opted not to play.

Stidham's got some cons as a player: He plays not to get hurt, he has trouble focusing (I don't care WHAT anyone says, his engagement distracted him this season), he doesn't know how to read a room (smiling and laughing after getting your butt handed to you by a team you have no business losing to), he takes too long to make in-game decisions sometimes and ends up making poor ones...

But despite that, at the end of the day, it was really more just the fact he wasn't a good fit for Gus. Gus' offense just works best with a dual threat, read option, Cam Newton/Nick Marshall QB. Stidham was too pro-style for him to really shine in Auburn's offense. So that being said, I think he'll be fine in the NFL as long as a team that fits his style of play drafts him. I predict he'll be taken somewhere between rounds 3-5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

I think moving on to the NFL is what's best for Stidham. I don't think he should play in the bowl game. He's shown numerous times through his play this year that he's terrified to get hurt, so I don't imagine he'll be any different in a bowl game that's also his last college game. Plus, it'll give MW an opportunity to get valuable experience at being QB1 if Stidham opted not to play.

Stidham's got some cons as a player: He plays not to get hurt, he has trouble focusing (I don't care WHAT anyone says, his engagement distracted him this season), he doesn't know how to read a room (smiling and laughing after getting your butt handed to you by a team you have no business losing to), he takes too long to make in-game decisions sometimes and ends up making poor ones...

But despite that, at the end of the day, it was really more just the fact he wasn't a good fit for Gus. Gus' offense just works best with a dual threat, read option, Cam Newton/Nick Marshall QB. Stidham was too pro-style for him to really shine in Auburn's offense. So that being said, I think he'll be fine in the NFL as long as a team that fits his style of play drafts him. I predict he'll be taken somewhere between rounds 3-5. 

if he does not like to get hit he better hope Panthers don't draft him.  Newton really getting beat up and he is a real physical specimen and can move....JS would /will be a sitting duck in the NFL for most teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scouts aren't going to learn anything new about Stidham in the bowl game running Gus' offense.

Stidham could most help himself by withdrawing from the football team, hiring a personal trainer, and a personal QB coach and start preparing for the NFL combine.  He'll be drafted based on his measureables, not his performance on the field this year.  And he needs to sit with someone who understands film study and analyzing defenses so he's not lost when he goes in for NFL interviews.

Auburn needs to put their remaining QB's into a real game situation running the ENTIRE offense and get a head start on getting a feel for who might actually be able to start next year.

But, I know Stidham will play the entire game and it'll probably be down to the wire.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Scouts aren't going to learn anything new about Stidham in the bowl game running Gus' offense.

Stidham could most help himself by withdrawing from the football team, hiring a personal trainer, and a personal QB coach and start preparing for the NFL combine.  He'll be drafted based on his measureables, not his performance on the field this year.  And he needs to sit with someone who understands film study and analyzing defenses so he's not lost when he goes in for NFL interviews.

Auburn needs to put their remaining QB's into a real game situation running the ENTIRE offense and get a head start on getting a feel for who might actually be able to start next year.

But, I know Stidham will play the entire game and it'll probably be down to the wire.

Sounds OK...but I wonder if some NFL scouts might question his heart of commitment ? He seems like a good guy but is way too nonchalant about the bad stuff that happens in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sounds OK...but I wonder if some NFL scouts might question his heart of commitment ? He seems like a good guy but is way too nonchalant about the bad stuff that happens in games.

I also wonder if that factors into his decision. I believe that he wants to play, but he might also want the NFL to be aware that he wants to play. He's no longer afforded the luxury of coasting in on his arm and stats. 

And Gus isn't going to turn him down. He's not going to compromise our chances of winning the game just for a head start on spring tryouts. I totally get it from a fan's perspective but I would consider it insane from a(ny) coach's perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Scouts aren't going to learn anything new about Stidham in the bowl game running Gus' offense.

Stidham could most help himself by withdrawing from the football team, hiring a personal trainer, and a personal QB coach and start preparing for the NFL combine.  He'll be drafted based on his measureables, not his performance on the field this year.  And he needs to sit with someone who understands film study and analyzing defenses so he's not lost when he goes in for NFL interviews.

Auburn needs to put their remaining QB's into a real game situation running the ENTIRE offense and get a head start on getting a feel for who might actually be able to start next year.

But, I know Stidham will play the entire game and it'll probably be down to the wire.

I certainly would prefer to win the bowl game with the team being prepared and all but I could forgive a loss if this is what happened. I just feel a loss with some hope on the horizon wouldn't be the worst thing. It's not like Gus is going to lose any more support than he has already. Hard to drop from the bottom. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

But, I know Stidham will play the entire game and it'll probably be down to the wire.

Even if Auburn were up 4 TD's going into the 4th Qtr, Stids would play 5-10 mins of it with Malik getting 10 handoffs in garbage time.

Edited by AUsince72
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Even if Auburn were up 4 TD's going into the 4th Qtr, Stids would play 5-10 mins of it with Malik getting 10 handoffs in garbage time.

And the ghost of Kerryon Johnson's shoulder running dives on every other snap. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that the Packers draft Stidham.  A couple of years of training and learning how to read defenses, move in the pocket and learn the position from how an Aaron Rodgers practices.  He has the arm strength and accuracy(issues this year but there were lots of reasons on most throws why)  that he can learn and adjust to.  I do think that he has the desire and will put in the work effort to be great and will have an extra chip on his shoulder when he drops in the draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 1:57 PM, McLoofus said:

I also wonder if that factors into his decision. I believe that he wants to play, but he might also want the NFL to be aware that he wants to play. He's no longer afforded the luxury of coasting in on his arm and stats. 

And Gus isn't going to turn him down. He's not going to compromise our chances of winning the game just for a head start on spring tryouts. I totally get it from a fan's perspective but I would consider it insane from a(ny) coach's perspective. 

Playing Stidham is compromising our chances to win (I know youre partially playing devils advocate for Gus though) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now