Baseball vs Georgia Tech

Wow does Will Holland make some ridiculous plays...ball absolutely rocketed to his right takes a couple of steps, slides and back hands a one hopper....  That might make SC Top 10.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the greatest precursors to baseball success is throwing a first pitch strike, and beside Greenhill, I’m not sure if we have one pitcher who can consistently throw one. Our pitching coach needs to find a way to fix that. 

Good grief.  Schelleci gives up a leadoff single and then sprinkles three walks in between two outs and his night is done.  Now Will Morrison on in relief.  6-3 Georgia Tech still batting with the bases loaded and two outs in the top of the...never mind.

JMO...but that stuff makes no sense.....just throw strikes and take your chances in whether they can hit 'em.

A single and ANOTHER walk...comes to nothing. 

We've given up 9 walks, hit two batters and thrown three wild pitches tonight.  That pitching staff needs to get their heads on straight or Arkansas will wreck what was a fairly promising start to the season.  

We need to consistently hit the damn ball. 

Just shaking my head...South Carolina beat NC State (who was 27-2 coming in) 10-8 tonight.  That Gamecock offense was pretty pathetic, scored 11 runs total in three games against us.  Of course they hit four home runs tonight. :-\  Olson walked it off with his second home run in the bottom of the ninth with two out.

We had 11 hits, 3 BB and scored 3 runs.......GTech 9 hits, 9 BB!!!! and scored 9 runs

You simply can’t GIVE AWAY 9 BB’s and expect to be competitive even with 11 hits! This doesn’t count the WP’s and HBP.  Something or more importantly, someone is going to have to step up and throw strikes. Also, did I hear correctly on the radio tonight that Bailey Horn is throwing in games 11 months post TJ?? Keegan, DRob were still knee deep in rehab & flat ground work at 11 months.....Gabe Klobosits is nearing 11 months and nowhere near throwing of the mound let alone pitching in game situation.  Just saying

9 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

What "stuff" are you referring to?

Having so many young guys  who can't find the strike zone...walks.hit batters, wild pitches, etc.  Maybe it is nerves but we are more than  a month into the season now.:dunno:

It's a mid-weeker, so not a huge deal, but we do need to start picking these up. Bats have not been good in the midweek really for most of the season, barring a few nice innings against UAB and UT Martin. 

Worst thing is the relievers. I know they're mostly freshmen, but you've got to throw strikes and make the other team hit you to win. Wish Wade would come into form, you can tell he's got great stuff but he just walks so many dern hitters. 

Oh well, win your SEC games and it doesn't matter too much, but the midweek is starting to get a little annoying what with walking guys left and right both against UAT and now GT.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

God I hate ga tech

Preach it brother...........is it me or do they always seem to beat us with less talent or either beat us and finish the season average or below?

Archived