2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

I really hope Pearl is focusing his efforts on guys who want to be at AU vs hoping a highly rated player like Brown falls into our laps. Hope is not a good recruiting strategy

We are at the big boy table for basketball now! We are right in the thick of it for a lot of blue chip recruits. Done are the days of having to take guys like Robert Chubb! lol. With every passing year we keep increasing the level of talent of this team and program!!! IT IS EXCITING!!!!! And to piggyback on what loofy said. @McLoofus Who the heck has grown up a AU bball fan that is a recruit these days?!?! If we went that strategy our class would be filled with Tommy Murr and not much else!!! haha. WAR DAMN!!! ENJOY THE RIDE!!! IT IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE EXCITING!!! WOOOOO!!!!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

True.....i'm still getting used to the bball recruiting and the lack of information we get makes it hard. Seems we are finishing second or third for lots of the big names which while a great improvement on where we used to be, won't do us a heck of a lot of good next season when we lose pretty much all our production. In football there seems to always be tons of names out there as potential recruits while in bball there are much fewer names floating out there. So makes the misses seem like a bigger then when i'm sure they are not. 

I'm also still trying to get on board with having multiple 1 and done guys on the team. I honestly like the idea of 1-2 each year and fill the rest with the Cambridge, Flanigans and Jaylin's of the world. Guys who will develop for 3-4 years......fingers crossed we find the size we'll require to be successful next season. 

Okoro will be our first one and done. Just remember he was not supposed to be one and done. This staff and Okoro obviously himself has done a great job of bringing him along where he is in a great position of being a top 10 pick. Bruce does it PERFECTLY in recruiting. DO your like your coffee half n half?! Because Bruce likes his crutin classes to be half n half! He has got the 4 year guys in the fold who will be with the program for the long haul in Justin Powell and Chris Moore. Coop is most likely 2 and done like Chuma. Yes we are going after one and dones for the most part to fill out the rest of this class but that is just how it has shaken out. It is a perfect mix and recipe!! WOOOO!!! WAR DAMN BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Okoro will be our first one and done. Just remember he was not supposed to be one and done. This staff and Okor obviously himself has done a great job of bringing him along where he is in a great position of being a top 10 pick. Bruce does it PERFECTLY in recruiting. DO your like your coffee half n half?! Because Bruce likes his crutin classes to be half n half! He has got the 4 year guys in the fold who will be with the program for the long haul in Justin Powell and Chris Moore. Coop is most likely 2 and done like Chuma. Yes we are going after one and dones for the most part to fill out the rest of this class but that is just how it has shaken out. It is a perfect mix and recipe!! WOOOO!!! WAR DAMN BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!

giphy.gif

Big loss for hook em and Shaka! We needed this in the Greg Brown sweepstakes. If Shaka gets fired us and Memphis are firmly in the driver's seat!!! Come on Texas!!! Fire this man!! Lol. Help us out!!

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Shaka gets fired us and Memphis are firmly in the driver's seat!!!

Not sure about that. Overseas may be even though Green has quotes saying otherwise.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. Overseas may be even though Green has quotes saying otherwise.

Never once seen anyone say anything about Greg Brown going overseas.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Never once seen anyone say anything about Greg Brown going overseas.

I know. That's why I said Green. 😁

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I know. That's why I said Green. 😁

but we are in the Greg Brown thread. Why are you bringing it up here?! That is like I was like ashton kutcher in dude wheres my car and am like WUUUUUUUUHHHHHH???????!!!!!!!! lmao........... We were not talking about JG!!! lol. Btw now that you mentioned him. It seems the international talk has died down and it is back to being Memphis or AU with Corey Evans the AU hater (not really but damn he never thinks we get anyone lol) doubling down on that JG is going to Memphis. I SWEAR the only time the overseas talk got really heated up was when the crystal balls started flowing in to AU. LIKE REALLY?!?! GMAFB!!!!!

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why are you bringing it up here?

Because I screwed up of course. Lol

Just now, ellitor said:

Because I screwed up of course. Lol

hahaha touche. YOU OWNED IT!!! YOU FREAKING OWNED IT!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! LFG CLOSE THIS CLASS STRONG!!! I really do think the Memphis staff got in their feelings once they felt AU grabbed some serious momentum and if they cannot convince him to come to Memphis rather he go play overseas than AU. I think that is where all of that noise came from is leaked by the memphis people. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha touche. YOU OWNED IT!!! YOU FREAKING OWNED IT!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! LFG CLOSE THIS CLASS STRONG!!! I really do think the Memphis staff got in their feelings once they felt AU grabbed some serious momentum and if they cannot convince him to come to Memphis rather he go play overseas than AU. I think that is where all of that noise came from is leaked by the memphis people. 

I heard more chatter that the Memphis staff is supposedly not getting along right now.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I heard more chatter that the Memphis staff is supposedly not getting along right now.

That kinda makes sense, I suppose. I mean, he didn't have to work his way up in coaching at all before being given the head job. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problems they're having, but I would think it could make an impact.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hooks made a statement earlier in the season regarding that. Apparently he has a friend on the staff up there

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Big loss for hook em and Shaka! We needed this in the Greg Brown sweepstakes. If Shaka gets fired us and Memphis  Memphis and we are firmly in the driver's seat!!! Come on Texas!!! Fire this man!! Lol. Help us out!!

My mother was a double English major. I fixed it for her.

37 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

source-5.gif

giphy-42.gif

giphy-34.gif

tenor-7.gif

Just now, doverstutts said:

Some things are kinda' beginning to concern me about all of this, but.................................?

Ummmmmm like what? 

Just now, doverstutts said:

Lets wait before I say

Lol uhhhhh I am genuinely confused here. Are you just messing around? Cause I'm so lost.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol uhhhhh I am genuinely confused here. Are you just messing around? Cause I'm so lost.

No, a few things bother me about how this is playing out. Just think back to a certain DE from Auburn High School and how his recruitment played out. It may be how a few articles were written that makes me have concern, and there is nothing there

32 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

No, a few things bother me about how this is playing out. Just think back to a certain DE from Auburn High School and how his recruitment played out. It may be how a few articles were written that makes me have concern, and there is nothing there

Calm down

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is sick. Damn, getting a talent like this or JG or both......I’m getting light-headed thinking about it...

Also, this highlight reel reminds of the SNL  that Barkley hosted when he played one-on-one with Barney the dinosaur, lol

4 hours ago, fredst said:

This is sick. Damn, getting a talent like this or JG or both......I’m getting light-headed thinking about it...

Also, this highlight reel reminds of the SNL  that Barkley hosted when he played one-on-one with Barney the dinosaur, lol

Is he wearing his little brother's shorts?

Archived