I am going to miss Bryce Brown

GwillMac6

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Brown and Harper did not get NBA Combine invites.

They may after the G-League game on Sunday.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

They may after the G-League game on Sunday.

Do they allow that? The list looked pretty much set.

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Do they allow that? The list looked pretty much set.

That is what I was told although I could be wrong.  They will need a strong showing.

Combine isn't really for players like them, it will be them playing well in summer league and hopefully standing out

On 5/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Other than interviews, what can Okeke do at the combine.?

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I really have not a clue. Great question fam!

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Interviews are it. He can show any progress with his procedure or let teams medical staffs see and be transparent about it. He can also get official measurements as you know schools rarely tell the truth about actual size. 

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Interviews are it. He can show any progress with his procedure or let teams medical staffs see and be transparent about it. He can also get official measurements as you know schools rarely tell the truth about actual size. 

Ah ok, thanks. 

35 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Can’t wait till our man Bryce gets a statue next to Sir Charles and we’ll still have guys on here who wanted him benched

Yep and @bigbird constantly made fun of his defense. lololololol

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep and @bigbird constantly made fun of his defense. lololololol

His on ball half-court defense was...which is what I consistently said. He was very good between the arcs. Wish you two could comprehend the difference.

Also, strengthening both lines is smart. In fact, Bruce did just that when he moved Doughty to the 2nd line. I just suggested that he do it with BB. Again, y'all can't seem to understand that coming off the bench doesn't mean benching someone. Do you honestly think that Manu was ever benched? No, he was utilized in the same way. Try to learn the intricacies before pretending to understand the game.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His on ball half-court defense was...which is what I consistently said. He was very good between the arcs. Wish you two could comprehend the difference.

Also, strengthening both lines is smart. In fact, Bruce did just that when he moved Doughty to the 2nd line. I just suggested that he do it with BB. Again, y'all can't seem to understand that coming off the bench doesn't mean benching someone. Do you honestly think that Manu was ever benched? No, he was utilized in the same way. Try to learn the intricacies before pretending to understand the game.

It is entirely possible to miss Bryce Brown and be critical if some facet of his game at the same time. He did have lapses at times and right when Auburn needed a lift he would go on a run that turned things around quickly. He frustrated the heck out of me but I wouldn't have traded him for anything. I loved Brett Favre but he threw a lot of interceptions in his career. Didn't make me appreciate him any less. Bryce was special to watch for all of us. The critique of his defense is warranted. The praise of his offense is too. If Jared Harper was the pulse of this team Bryce Brown was the adrenaline in my opinion. 

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His on ball half-court defense was...which is what I consistently said.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Try to learn the intricacies before pretending to understand the game.

Hilarious when coming from you. He was the second best perimeter defender on our team. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

In fact, Bruce did just that when he moved Doughty to the 2nd line. I just suggested that he do it with BB

Not sure what this is. I just know you suggested that the glowing reviews of Samir Doughty’s practice reports were the result of Brown guarding him. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

He did have lapses at times and right when Auburn needed a lift he would go on a run that turned things around quickly. He frustrated the heck out of me but I wouldn't have traded him for anything.

“The scoring guard has found a way defensively to become a pest. He and Jared Harper comprise arguably the fiercest defensive backcourt when they are in a zone in not only the SEC, but the country. A career high 41 steals in the regular season, Brown continues to improve on what NBA executives called his weaknesses a year ago. He is known as one of the best defenders in the SEC throughout the season.

Brown has proven to be an improved playmaker in his fourth year, understanding that he has to become a more creative playmaker to continue to score at the highest level he can.”

Bryce Brown is a solid three point shooter, ranking in the Top 30 in NCAA history in three pointers made. He has solid defense with point guard size. Brown will be considered in the second round because of his elite shooting ability, but it’s hard to see him being draftable right now. He must become a better playmaker and improved slasher at the next level to become impactful with his smaller frame.”

https://basketballsocietyonline.com/bryce-brown-scouting-report

“His on-ball defense is considered one of the best in the conference, and he’s in the top 100 in all of college basketball in limiting fouls against him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/03/ive-shown-i-can-play-at-the-next-level-bryce-brown-makes-his-nba-case-as-auburn-career-winds-down.html%3foutputType=amp

Pros:

Good shooter, especially from deep

Decent scorer off the dribble

Decent playmaker

Good defender

Solid athlete

Cons:

Streaky shooter

Does not draw enough free throws

Can be too scoring focused on offense

Needs to improve his rebounding

Not a true point guard, but is undersized to play the two

Summary:

Bryce Brown is a skilled, combo guard that can shoot and defend when he is on the court.  He will likely need to improve his playmaking skills for the next level, and he may need to show teams that he can effectively run the point.  Right now, he may be a borderline second round candidate for the upcoming draft.

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/bryce-brown-scouting-report

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not sure what this is.

Well, we finally agree on something.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He and Jared Harper comprise arguably the fiercest defensive backcourt when they are in a zone in not only the SEC, but the country.

IN A ZONE...

He isn't that good at man defense in half-court sets. He is very good between the arcs at pestering other guards..

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, we finally agree on something.

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It was the first I’ve ever read it. What is that supposed to mean?

He isn't that good at man defense in half-court sets

Yeah, he was an above average to good on ball defender even while man to man in half court sets. Quoting commentary about the backcourt as whole doesn’t say otherwise.

He is very good between the arcs at pestering other guards..

Finally we agree on something. 

Can't believe you guys are letting a dude that literally hasn't shown that he has any basketball IQ trigger you....by posting the same post every 2 weeks on top of that 😂

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Can't believe you guys are letting a dude that literally hasn't shown that he has any basketball IQ trigger you....by posting the same post every 2 weeks on top of that 😂

No, this time he wants a statue next to the hall of famer. 🤣

Fan boy homers trying to bully and take over guys that can actually explain and talk basketball....I don't think I've ever saw that on a forum before...can't even understand coming off the bench being a scorer isn't a bad thing lol. You have to say stuff like so and so reminds me of Michael Jordan whooo! Then you know basketball on here now😂

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, this time he wants a statue next to the hall of famer. 🤣

Well samir was going to have one before the season started. He said Chumma was the least efficient player on the team when I said he was the best defender....look at the stuff this clown says. I can't believe he tricks so many

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well samir was going to have one before the season started. He said Chumma was the least efficient player on the team when I said he was the best defender....look at the stuff this clown says. I can't believe he tricks so many

I think it's more, he thinks similarly to others, so they feel the need to prop him up to validate their own misconceptions.

Archived