I am going to miss Bryce Brown

GwillMac6

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think it's more, he thinks similarly to others, so they feel the need to prop him up to validate their own misconceptions.

With the Brown defense that is true, . But with other stuff even they won't cosign him. But I'm partly to blame as well, get mad at me so they sell their soul to the devil.....I see he argues with Cole so yeah I'll go along with Brown should have a statue 😂

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

With the Brown defense that is true, . But with other stuff even they won't cosign him. But I'm partly to blame as well, get mad at me so they sale their soul to the devil.....I see he argues with Cole so yeah I'll go along with Brown should have a statue 😂

Brown is generally regarded by many as a good defender and one of the best at his position in the conference.  I’m not siding with Gene, just the overall thought surrounding Brown’s game. 

Brown should have his jersey retired. 

Should

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Brown is generally regarded by many as a good defender and one of the best at his position in the conference.  I’m not siding with Gene, just the overall thought surrounding Brown’s game. 

Brown should have his jersey retired. 

Could simply look at the stats of who he guards to see how true that is. People say things about players and are wrong alot, especially college basketball. I listened to them say wrong stuff about my cousin all the time. 

But I don't want to argue it because I'll be a hater and I don't feel like everybody jumping on me. I do appreciate that you actually said something to bird about his opinion. Most ignored that he felt the way that I did, literally wouldn't say anything to him skip his post and quote me. 

Against Virginia though we couldn't do ANYTHING to stop Virginia's PG. He single handily kept them in the game, why wouldn't we just send Brown to guard him if he was one of the best defenders in the conference? I started to talk on it but for reasons stated earlier I decided not to. I bet you would've saw chumma switch on him. Why were they moving samir to play against the top scorers during the tournament? 

As far as jersey retirement I don't know what other players Jersey's are retired so I can't speak on that. But if a couple of players that come to mind didn't have theirs retired then I can't agree. But if some others did then I agree whole heartedly

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Against Virginia though we couldn't do ANYTHING to stop Virginia's PG. He single handily kept them in the game, why wouldn't we just send Brown to guard him if he was one of the best defenders in the conference? I started to talk on it but for reasons stated earlier I decided not to. I bet you would've saw chumma switch on him. Why were they moving samir to play against the top scorers during the tournament? 

I do not remember who Brown was guarding late in the game. I remember Bruce praising Samir after he basically shut down Herro in the elite 8 and basically he might’ve gotten the nod. Brown was the guy that forced the should’ve been double dribble. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think it's more, he thinks similarly to others, so they feel the need to prop him up to validate their own misconceptions.

I don’t think anyone is “propping me up.” It’s more that it’s always easy to get a rise out of Cole bc he’s so sensitive and people enjoy doing it

Lol. It's funny that people equate that he'll reply back to my post as getting a rise.....And look at the reason you even became angry and post about me to this day.....It doesn't get more sensitive than that.....But anyway I'll be here next week when the same post get posted again lol

Anyway, back to the original point. We’re talking about AU’s all time leading 3 pt shooter. 2 time SEC champion plus SEC tourney mvp. And led AU to two NCAAT and the school’s first ever final four. Yeah, the young buck deserves a statue. And the added benefit is that if it’s sculpted just right, the the elementary schools can take field trips to see it to show kids the absolute perfect shooting form

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I do not remember who Brown was guarding late in the game. I remember Bruce praising Samir after he basically shut down Herro in the elite 8 and basically he might’ve gotten the nod. Brown was the guy that forced the should’ve been double dribble. 

Brown was guarding guy, they switched them when they knew guy was getting the ball so I'm asking myself why? Other guy was killing us, especially in the first half and he was their primary ball handler so why wouldn't we want to put the best defender on him? I have a theory but to be honest I can't say I just know. But these are questions I'm surprised that nobody I guess cared to ask. That's the type of stuff I like talking about personally

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Brown was guarding guy, they switched them when they knew guy was getting the ball so I'm asking myself why?

The Doughty play was an inbounds play. They were in zone weren’t they? Guy only had 9 points until the last 7 seconds of the game. 

Overall Jerome and Guy were chucking. Their FG percentages weren’t that great. Made some really good plays too. Like Jerome’s really long floater that miraculously went in. 

What’s your theory?

Jerome couldn't have shot a bad percentage especially first half.....He killed us. 

I don't think we were in zone, I hope we weren't. And yes you're correct guy only had 9 but I think everybody knew he was going to shoot that last shot. 

But my theory is clearly Bruce is thinking samir was the best perimeter defender on the team. What coach wouldn't put his best defender on Jerome the game he was having?  Once again I don't know I'm just coming to that conclusion from experience. Also from experience if I know and everybody on the team knows I'm the best defender then I'm telling coach I'm guarding their main scoring option. 

One more time it's what I think, I don't know for a fact. In the first half Jerome had half of their points and assist on a good bit of the others. 

Let Bryce become an NBA legend before building a statue.  We have had some great Auburn players, and it took one of the 50 best NBA players of all time to get a statue many years after retirement.  I do think with Bruce and AD Green, it won't take as long as Charles had to wait but still. 

I will miss Bryce and appreciate all he meant to this team the past few years.  I wish him good fortune professionally. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Let Bryce become an NBA legend before building a statue.  We have had some great Auburn players, and it took one of the 50 best NBA players of all time to get a statue many years after retirement.  I do think with Bruce and AD Green, it won't take as long as Charles had to wait but still. 

I will miss Bryce and appreciate all he meant to this team the past few years.  I wish him good fortune professionally. 

It's the hype from our best season just ending. People think that everyone should have their numbers retired and their statues built. People need to step back and take off those O&B glasses. I love Brown for what he did and how much he accomplished here but no way should he have a statue built. 

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's the hype from our best season just ending. People think that everyone should have their numbers retired and their statues built. People need to step back and take off those O&B glasses. I love Brown for what he did and how much he accomplished here but no way should he have a statue built. 

He was SEC tournament MVP,  ALL SEC junior and senior years, and had the most 3’s in Auburn history. Not to mention be had 7 3’s against Kansas which is an Auburn record. 

In comparison, OKC retired Nick Collison’s number. 

17 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Retiring jerseys is a lot different than building a statue for someone. Brown and J Harp def deserve to have their jerseys retired. I mean it is our first final 4 team ever. They are going to do something big and memorable for our 2 most productive players from this team. 

I would not build a statue and probably would not retire their Jersey's but I would hang their Jersey's in the rafter's.   

Archived